Cobra Kai Season 4 - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|“||This is how we get our humanity back.||”|
|— Marcus Kane's last words to Abby|
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin and Josephine Lightbourne VIII
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy (credit only)
- Tasya Teles as Echo (credit only)
- Shannon Kook as Jordan Green (credit only)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane I
- Gabriel Santiago: "Welcome back. Tell me what you remember."
- Octavia Blake: "Um, nothing."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Nothing? Nothing at all? You followed Diyoza into the Anomaly. Come on. Think. When you came out, you were running from something. What was it?"
- Octavia Blake: "I told you, I don't know."
- Gabriel Santiago: "I've been waiting 150 years. Maybe you need a little help." (removes a canister from a hidden trunk)
- Octavia Blake: "What is that?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "Red Sun toxin, highly concentrated. Stay back."
- Octavia Blake: "That's the same stuff we saw in the air on the way to the Anomaly."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Good. You were paying attention. This will be much more intense than that. It's amazing stuff, really. Produced deep in the ground. It's given off by trees. It drives every living creature in Sanctum mad. They kill themselves and the moon feeds on their corpses. Josephine theorized that it's why life here never evolved beyond reptile phase. Humans weren't supposed to come, but we did. And as we do, we made improvements. Trust me, this will help you remember."
- Octavia Blake: "What if there's nothing to remember? I was only gone for a few seconds."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Right. And yet you came back healed. Your hair is clean, Octavia, maybe even longer. You were running toward me instead of away as if -- I don't know -- someone or something was chasing you. Look, listen to me, until tonight, no one has ever come out of the Anomaly, ok? No one. Now, I believe you were gone for much longer than just a few seconds and that you came back for a reason. I want to know where you went and why you returned. Why don't you?"
- Octavia Blake: "Have you ever done this?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "A long, long time ago. Russell and I used it to find out whether any trace of a host's mind remained after resurrection. The answer was no. Instead, it unlocked parts of our own minds, things we'd hidden from ourselves, answers to what our greater purpose was. His was to turn us into gods. Mine was to make sure that he couldn't."
- Octavia Blake: "What's mine?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "Maybe we'll find that out, too. Come on. You can trust me. I'll be monitoring you the whole time, acting as your guide, what we call an Adjuster. Once you're under, you'll want to follow signs of the Anomaly."
- Octavia Blake: "Signs? What signs? (Gabriel has vanished and Octavia hears her name coming from a green glowing box) Now that's a sign. (sees a red shaking box) Red light, green light."
- Bellamy Blake: "Radios don't work on this moon. How can they not know that?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "They work in one place."
- Bellamy Blake: "What is it?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "If they're calling him, that means he's alive."
- Bellamy Blake: "What's the deal with you two?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "What? Are we gonna be friends now?"
- Bellamy Blake: "Doubtful."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "I've been in love with Gabriel for 236 years, the last 70 of which he's been trying to kill me. You know, relationships. (starts tapping suddenly) Morse code, huh? She's crafty, I'll give her that."
- Clarke Griffin (translated from Morse code): "Boohoo."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "That's harsh."
- Bellamy Blake: "She can hear us?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "It would seem so. Which means the wall separating our minds is almost gone. When that happens, she'll stroke out, I'll download, and you can say goodbye to your genocidal friend."
- Bellamy Blake: "Let me talk to her."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "I'd have to give over control for that, so no."
- Bellamy Blake: "But she can hear me?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Yes, she can hear you. For God's sake, just say what you want to say."
- Bellamy Blake: "I won't let you die."
- Octavia Blake: "What do you want? Leave me alone!"
- Charles Pike: "I'm sorry, I can't do that. We've got unfinished business you and I."
- Octavia Blake: "Wrong, Pike. You killed Lincoln, and you died for it. End of story."
- Charles Pike: "Was it? You think murdering someone in cold blood, even someone you have reason to hate, is justifiable?"
- Octavia Blake: "Yes."
- Charles Pike: "And yet it turned you into this."
- Octavia Blake: "Think what you want, I'm not here for you."
- Charles Pike: "No. You're here because of me. The path to the future goes through the past, Miss Blake. Psychology 101. We are what we've done and what's been done to us. Now, you've had a rough go, I'll give you that. And it's made your dark side strong. I suppose you needed that to protect yourself under the floor. But what about now? Who are you now? What do you want, Octavia?"
- Octavia Blake: "I want you gone."
- Charles Pike: "You tried that. Didn't take. It has to be something else."
- Charles Pike: "Ok. Because class is in session, allow me to facilitate the discussion. How does it feel to know that... everyone hates you, everyone you care about, even your brother?"
- Octavia Blake: "Not good."
- Charles Pike: "Oh, I expect not. But that's not the worst part, is it? You hate yourself too. Good. One more time. What do you want?"
- Octavia Blake: "Forgiveness."
- Charles Pike: "Deeper. Much, much deeper. Forgiveness is for minor offenses. You murdered people to get them to eat their friends and families. And then you burned the farm to get them to march because you couldn't live with the idea of not getting to that valley, even when there was another way. You got 400 people killed in that gorge. You caused the world to be destroyed. What you want needs to be earned. Now say it!"
- Octavia Blake: "Redemption."
- Charles Pike: "What's that? I can't hear you."
- Octavia Blake: "Redemption!"
- Charles Pike: "Ding, ding, ding! A gold star for Miss Blake. I was trying to earn mine when you put a sword through me. Which brings us to big question number two -- what are you willing to do to get it?"
- Octavia Blake: "What if I don't deserve it?"
- Charles Pike: "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
- Blodreina: "Pick up the sword and strike him down. Do what you know has to do be done."
- Charles Pike: "Here we go again. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Einstein said that."
- Blodreina: "And I say you are Wonkru or you are the enemy of Wonkru. Choose!"
- Charles Pike: "I'll ask you again. Who are you now Miss Blake -- your brother's sister, or the monster who would have watched him die in this very arena?"
- Octavia Blake (starts muttering to herself): "I am not afraid."
- Blodreina: "Yes, you are. You always have been. My God, your pathetic. I guess she needs me after all. Charles Pike of Farm Station, you have been sentenced to death in accordance to the laws of Wonkru.
- Charles Pike (flashback): "You have been sentenced to death in accordance with the Exodus Charter."
- Blodreina: "Any last words?"
- Lincoln (flashback) and Charles Pike: "Not for you."
- Charles Pike and Lincoln (both in Trigedasleng to Octavia): "May we meet again."
- Blodreina: "Bad choice. Congratulations. You die instead."
- Indra: "On the Ark, you floated people for stealing food. On the ground, my people cheered as children fought to the death to lead us. Is this so much worse?"
- Marcus Kane: "Yes, lives have been lost in the worshiping of false gods before, more than can be counted. But if we let it stand when we could stop it, then our new world would be no different than the one we left behind."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "My father was a fool for letting you people stay. All that time spent building a sanctuary for the human race, and he destroys it because of the most human thing of all... love."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Take you and Clarke for instance. Now that's a weird relationship, isn't it? First you want to kill her to save your own ass, even though it means the genocide of your own people on the Ark and then you become besties, bonding over the actual genocide at Mount Weather. Together. You lock her up, she locks you up, you leave her on Earth, she leaves you to die in the fighting pits. I mean, it's exhausting frankly."
- Bellamy Blake: "Tell me about it."
- Bellamy Blake: "Don't do this, please. The drive in her head, its Josephine."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Not helping!"
- Bellamy Blake: "Think! As long as she's alive, you have leverage over Russell."
- Jericho: "This is not a negotiation, it's a war. And it ends with death to Primes."
- Clarke Griffin (suddenly taking control): "Wait! Gabriel loves her. Is this what he would want?"
- Jericho: "Don't you use his name!"
- Bellamy Blake: "Clarke!"
- Clarke Griffin: "Yeah."
- Bellamy Blake: "She gave you control?"
- Clarke Griffin: "It was either that or get her head cut off."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Really? She just saved your life."
- Clarke Griffin: "Why can I see you?"
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Because it's getting worse, like I said it would. Look, what you did back there was awesome. Don't let it be for nothing. Give me back control. I'll just get it anyway when you fall asleep. (Clarke grabs a radio) What are you doing now?"
- Clarke Griffin (into radio): "Gabriel, my name is Clarke Griffin. Josephine Lightbourne is in my head. If you can hear this, we're coming to you."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "This is insane. He didn't respond to their call. He's probably dead. Please, let's just go back to Sanctum."
- Clarke Griffin: "Not a chance."
- Josephine Lightbourne: "Geeze. Fine, I'll drive. But for that you do have to give me back control. Clarke you don't know how to... (Clarke starts the motorcycle) What else of mine have you stolen?"
- Clarke Griffin (in Mandarin): "Sucks, doesn't it? (可怜，对吗？)"
- Octavia Blake: "I know what I have do now."
- Gabriel Santiago: "What are you talking about? What happened inside the Anomaly?"
- Octavia Blake: "I still don't know. I'm sorry."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Wait. Please. I think I deserve an explanation."
- Octavia Blake: "Deserves got nothing to do with it. The Anomaly gave me a second chance. And now I need to earn it."
- Jericho (radio transmission): "Jericho to Providence. We have a prisoner that claims the Primes can now make hosts. If you're out there..." (transmission becomes indecipherable)
- Clarke Griffin (radio transmission): "Gabriel, my name is Clarke Griffin. Josephine Lightbourne is in my head. If you can hear this, we're coming to you."
- Gabriel Santiago: "You know her? (Octavia nods) If Josephine is in her head, then she's in all kinds of trouble."
- Octavia Blake: "Then my people are, too. I have to go."
- Gabriel Santiago: "What for? She's coming here. Things are about to get weird."
- Marcus Kane: "I didn't want you to see this, Abby. Not again."
- Abby Griffin: "Please, Marcus, I'm begging you. Don't do this."
- Marcus Kane: "It's already done. This... this is wrong, Abby. I know you know that. I understand why you did it. If I lost you, if I could get you back, I'd probably do the same. But you won't be able to live with yourself and neither can I."
- Abby Griffin: "Marcus, please. We are so close. We can make a new life. We can start over."
- Marcus Kane: "Not like this. You told me once that your job was to make sure that we deserve to survive. You remember? (Abby nods) That's what I'm doing now."
- Abby Griffin: "No, please. I can't do this on my own."
- Marcus Kane: "Yes, you can, Abby. You're so strong. You're so much stronger than me. You saved me so many times. Not just my life, me."
- Abby Griffin: "I need you. I love you."
- Marcus Kane: "I love you, too. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. But if I don't do this now, then we both live to regret it, and so many more innocent lives will be lost. This is how we get our humanity back."
- Indra: "In peace, may you leave this shore."
- Indra and Raven Reyes: "In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again."
- Marcus Kane: "May we meet again."
- Indra (in Trigedasleng) "Your fight is over."
Notes and Trivia
- In this episode, we learn what the anomaly does to people when they enter it.
- This episode marks the first time Raven Reyes and Indra have interacted on screen.
- This is the first episode ever written by Nikki Goldwaser and the first episode directed by Marshall Virtue.
- As Kane is in the airlock, he reminds Abby that she once told him that her job is to ensure that they deserve to survive. This is a reference to "Pilot" when Kane orders her execution by floating and he tells her that his job is to make sure they survive no matter the cost. Abby responded that her job was to ensure that they deserve to survive.
- When Clarke regains control from Josephine, it is possible to tell not only because of the change in demeanor, but also because her entire way of speaking changes.
- Blodreina (stabbed by Octavia Blake in her mind)
- 2 Children of Gabriel (throats slit with a machete by Clarke Griffin)
- Jericho (shot by Jade)
- Marcus Kane II (assisted suicide by Indra floating him)
Behind the Scenes
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|