|“||A.L.I.E. is protecting us from ourselves.||”|
|— A chipped Jasper Jordan to Clarke Griffin [src]|
The War Against A.L.I.E. is an armed conflict between A.L.I.E. and those against her. The seeds of the conflict were laid almost a century before the events seen on the show: when A.L.I.E. launched the world's nuclear missiles, causing the apocalypse.
Before the Series
A.L.I.E. was artificial intelligence created by Becca Franco "to make life better" for humankind. A.L.I.E. decided "the root problem" was "too many people", so in 2052, she launched nuclear missiles killing most of Earth's population and causing the Nuclear Apocalypse.
In the 97 years between the Nuclear Apocalypse and the start of The 100 series, A.L.I.E. continued to function in the mansion that was owned by Becca's company. At some point, she created the City of Light and Keys to get people there. However, A.L.I.E. lacked a power source to leave the mansion to continue her goals. Using drones and chipped followers, she bought tech found by Nomadic Grounders in the Dead Zone.
In 2149, A.L.I.E.'s recon drones detected that more than a dozen remaining nuclear power plants across the planet have begun to meltdown. Her calculations show that the radiation from the meltdowns will soon render the Earth uninhabitable again, and that the City of Light is the only way to save people in time.
Sometime later, A.L.I.E. managed to acquire a nuclear warhead from the missile that Jaha used to escape the dying Ark, providing her with a power source. This allows her to create a portable backpack, allowing her and the City of Light to leave the mansion.
- Jaha arrives at A.L.I.E.'s mansion and takes the Key. Murphy refuses to take the Key.
- Jaha, Murphy, and Gideon leave on a boat with Emori and Otan. Emori kills Gideon, but Jaha convinces Otan to take the Key.
- Jaha continues his mission for A.L.I.E. heading for Arkadia.
After arriving in Arkadia, A.L.I.E. set out to recruit more people into the City of Light. Initially Jaha is welcomed with open arms, his story about finding the City of Light was disregarded as the tale of someone who gone through too much.
Over the next few days Jaha recruits some Arkadians. After Raven's miraculous "recovery", Abby become concerned at Jaha's growing influence by the day, noting the line of people standing to receive the keys. Unable to discover anything through her medical test, she confronts Jaha. Abby confiscates the City of Light chips from Jaha when it becomes clear he has no recollection of his son. After being elected as chancellor, Pike confiscates the chip maker.
While Pike and Kane battle it out, Raven enlists Abby and Jasper to help her destroy the key inside her, but their efforts are trawled by A.L.I.E. followers, with help of Jackson, Abby is captured and coerced to take the key by A.L.I.E. torturing Raven. Abby later uses her authority to spread the keys throughout the rest of the population in Arkadia.
- Jaha and Otan arrive in Arkadia. Otan is killed by Shawn Gillmer. Arkadia is in the midst of an internal struggle, distracting leadership from Jaha. Pike delegate the issue to Abby, who is unsure of Jaha's ideas but keeps watch.
- Jaha convinces a few Arkadians to take the Key. Raven argues that he is full of lies, but in a moment of weakness takes the Key.
- A.L.I.E. enlists Raven's help to search for version two of her code in Arkadia's mainframe, but it isn't there.
- Abby confiscates the City of Light chips from Jaha when it becomes clear he has no recollection of his son. Pike later confiscated the chip maker.
- Raven convinces Jasper to help her get the chip maker. Jasper mentions Finn and Raven realizes she completely forgot about him. Just as they find the chip maker, Raven rebels from A.L.I.E.
- Raven tries to free herself from A.L.I.E. Just as she finds a plan, A.L.I.E. gives back her pain. Abby and Jasper attempt to help her but A.L.I.E.'s followers prevent them. Raven agrees to completely and permanently submit to A.L.I.E. to stop the pain. Jackson knocks Abby out with a drug.
- Abby awakes tied to the chair. Jaha, Jackson, and Raven, all controlled by A.L.I.E., try to convince her to take the Key. When Abby refuses, A.L.I.E. has Raven slit her own wrists. Abby begs her to stop and for others to help her, but they refuse until Abby takes the Key. Once she takes the Key, they release her to help Raven.
- With Pike absent from Arkadia, Abby gets the chip maker and starts passing Keys to everyone.
- Jasper escapes Arkadia with an unconscious Raven.
Fight for Raven
- Clarke, Jasper and Raven meet with the members of Kane's faction after escaping Arkadia. They decide they need to get the key out of Raven.
- Raven awakens and tries to find her surroundings, but the group detain her. They devise a plan to use one of the Delinquents' old wristbands to free Raven.
- They head to Niylah's trading post as she has a wristband. She is sceptical at first but lets them in eventually.
- A.L.I.E. possess Raven and taunts various members of the group, trying to make them break.
- Sinclair works out that he needs a circuit breaker to make the wristband work. Monty and Octavia head to the dropship to retrieve the circuit.
- Monty finds the circuit. A.L.I.E. send a now chipped Hannah to recruit Monty, but he refuses and kills her after she attacks Octavia.
- They return and hand the circuit to Sinclair, and with a spare battery from the rover they knock Raven unconscious.
- Using the same technique that she saw Titus use on Lexa, Clarke cuts the key out of Raven and she's freed.
- The group actively decide to fight A.L.I.E., and plan to bring the Flame to Luna.
Floukru Oil Rig
- Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia and Jasper arrive on the oil rig with a mission to get the Flame into Luna.
- They meet Luna, but she refuses to take the Flame.
- Luna welcomes them regardless. Octavia and Luna talk about Lincoln, and Jasper interacts with Shay, one of the Grounders.
- Some of A.L.I.E.'s followers arrive on the rig. They chip several members from Floukru on the rig.
- They shoot Shay, lock Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia up and kidnap Luna and Jasper.
- Luna is tortured to take the chip, whilst Jasper submits and takes the chip. She fights back and kills the chipped individuals, including her lover Derrick.
- Jasper is chipped.
- Shay frees Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia before succumbing to her injuries. They locate Luna and Jasper.
- Luna sends the four back to the mainland, refusing to get involved in the war more.
- Jaha arrives in Polis with intention to distribute keys over the city. Also with him is Emori, who unbeknownst to most is now chipped.
- Murphy meets with Emori, and tells her that Ontari is only a fake Commander and that she never had a proper ascension.
- Jaha confronts Ontari and tells her that she can achieve her proper ascension by swallowing the key. She agrees, and has Murphy locked up for lying about not knowing Emori.
- Ontari begins distributing keys amongst the Polis citizens, and A.L.I.E. gains control of the whole city. Those who refuse are locked up, including Indra.
- Kane and Pike arrive in Polis, where Jaha tries to convince them to take the key. Both refuse, and Pike is locked up with Indra and John Murphy.
- A.L.I.E. tortures Kane to take the key by nailing him to a cross, and he again refuses but submits after A.L.I.E. threatens to kill Abby.
- Murphy, Pike, Indra and the other prisoners escape and try to destroy A.L.I.E.'s backpack, which is her main power source. They destroy it, but A.L.I.E. migrates her code to the Ark Ring.
- Bellamy and co arrive from Arkadia with a plan to get the Flame into Ontari. A.L.I.E. already knows of the plan due to Jasper becoming chipped, and has her followers lock most of them up.
- A.L.I.E. tortures Clarke to get the password for the Flame, but Clarke refuses to give it up. A.L.I.E. has Ontari killed after she works out their plan to use Ontari against her.
- With Ontari's blood running through Clarke, she takes the Flame and the key and enters the City of Light to find A.L.I.E.'s kill switch. The others defend her by fighting off A.L.I.E's followers in Polis. With help from the spirits of Becca and Lexa, Clarke pulls A.L.I.E.'s kill switch and terminates her, freeing all of her followers. Before she was terminated, A.L.I.E. warns Clarke of the melting nuclear power plants that will kill all of humanity.
With A.L.I.E. terminated, all the people under her control were disconnected and regained their pain. In the confusion that ensued, Ice Nation took command of Polis with Echo as their leader.
Meanwhile, there were many that were indoctrinated by A.L.I.E's chip who were traumatized by taking the chip. Many of these Grounders gathered together in an attempt to destroy the "tech" responsible for it, the tech being the flame. The group got their hands on a fake version of the flame and destroyed it, thinking they had gotten rid of it.
A.L.I.E.'s followers * A.L.I.E. (terminated by Clarke Griffin via kill switch) * Otan (shot by Shawn Gillmer) * Hannah Green (shot by Monty Green) * Ontari (brain damage due to being struck in the head by a chipped Thelonious Jaha) * Unknown numbers of her followers (mostly killed by members of Resistance) * Derrick, Sea Captain and another chipped Grounder (stabbed by Luna) * Illian's brother * Illian's father Resistance * Shay (shot with an arrow by a chipped Grounder) * Jacapo Sinclair (murdered by Carl Emerson) * Charles Pike (later killed by Octavia in the Aftermath) Other deaths * Unknown number of people in Polis for resisting A.L.I.E. (mostly all were tortured by being hung up on crosses) * Illian's mother