|This article is about the Grounder character. You may be looking for the Second Dawn member.|
|“||I am the man sent to slaughter your people.||”|
|— Tristan to Clarke. [src]|
Tristan was portrayed by Joseph Gatt and debuted in We Are Grounders (Part 1).
Throughout the Series Edit
In We Are Grounders (Part 1), Tristan and his Rangers track down Anya and her unit. When Tristan finds her, he tells Anya that her left flank is vulnerable. Anya declares that she has her people in the trees ready to kill hostiles and asks if Tristan is hostile. Tristan tells her the Commander sent him to complete what Anya has failed to do (get rid of the Delinquents) and her unit is now his. Just then, a signal fire is spotted in the distance, announcing Reapers and Tristan tells Anya to take care of Clarke.
Later, Tristan and Anya go after Lincoln, Clarke, and Finn, chasing them to the Reaper tunnels. Anya shoots arrows into the tunnel and wishes to chase after them, however, Tristan tells her to let them go because they know where they're going if the mines don't kill them first.
In We Are Grounders (Part 2), Tristan has John Murphy tied to a tree while he listens in on the Delinquents' radio. He hears about the minefield and stabs Murphy in the leg for not telling him about it. Later, he watches with Anya as The Ark comes down to earth. Tristan sees it as reinforcements, but he states they won't arrive at the camp in time.
Suddenly, a band of Reapers show up chasing after Lincoln and Finn. Tristan and his Rangers attack the Reapers and succeed in killing them before they refocus their attack back on The Camp. Once Tristan and the Grounders break through the Camp's gate, Tristan mows down several Delinquents before Bellamy goes after him. Bellamy's gun has no bullets and Bellamy is forced into hand-to-hand combat with Tristan easily overpowering him. Finn jumps into the fight and also gets knocked down. Bellamy tackles Tristan away from Finn just as Clarke closes the drop ship door on them, leaving their fate unknown.
In The 48, Tristan was shown to have survived the blast, though he suffered from severe burns and had many scars. He was shown to have captured Finn and another unnamed delinquent, and had them tied up as he headed back to the Commander. While they were moving the unnamed delinquent stumbled to the ground and Tristan, only needing one of them alive, climbed off his horse and killed the delinquent by slicing his throat.
Later, Bellamy jumped out and attacked Tristan. However, he missed with his spear throw and Tristan easily defeated him, subsequently tying him up with Finn. Sterling and Monroe then come charging Tristan and he readies himself to fight them. At the last second, Tristan is shot through the back and then through the head by Marcus Kane, killing him.
Tristan was a hardened soldier working for the Commander. He was very loyal to the Commander and was sent to fix all of Anya's "mistakes" concerning the Delinquents. Tristan seems to not like Anya and critiques her decisions harshly.
Physical Appearance Edit
Tristan had a tan complexion, with a lean muscular build. He had dark brown eyes and a bald head. He stands at approximately 6' 1" (1.85 m).
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Absent|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Absent|
|I Am Become Death||Absent|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Absent|
|Long Into an Abyss||Absent|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Absent|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Absent|
- Tristan: "Anya, no. We know where they're going. If the mine doesn't kill them first."
- -- We Are Grounders (Part 1)
- Tristan (to John Murphy as he stabs him in the leg): "That's for not telling us about the minefield."
- -- We Are Grounders (Part 2)
- Tristan (to Finn after killing another Delinquent): "I need to keep one of you alive to talk to the commander.."
- -- The 48
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Joseph Gatt actually has rather pale skin in comparison to his character Tristan. This is most likely due to changing his skin tone with makeup.
- Tristan is one of only three Grounders known to have survived the explosion: Tristan, Anya and a Grounder that was left to guard Murphy who was subsequently shot by Raven.
- Tristan is one of at least nine people to survive the explosion at the Delinquent's camp. The others are Bellamy, Sterling, Monroe, Finn, Raven, Murphy, an unnamed Delinquent, and an unnamed Grounder.
- Tristan fought Bellamy twice. Both times, Bellamy lost.
- Tristan survived the explosion in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)", only to die in the next episode, "The 48".
- He shares the same name with another character, the Second Dawn cultist Tristan.
Note: The picture goes in episode order. To see the order of the episodes please visit Episode Guide.