Following the missile launched by Mount Weather, Tondc was left in ruins. The village recovered and Clarke estimated its population to be 300 in "Heavy Lies the Crown". As of "Praimfaya", it is assumed that Tondc is completely gone or in ruins as Earth is shown to be uninhabitable.
History and Background Edit
Before the Nuclear Apocalypse, Tondc was Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. During the Apocalypse, it was destroyed by a direct nuclear missile strike. Almost 100 years later, it is inhabited by Grounders. It appears to have maintained its political importance, since it was the place where Lexa had brought all twelve Grounder Clans together to form an alliance with the Sky People in Rubicon. It was destroyed by a missile sent directly from Mount Weather in that same episode.
Lincoln Memorial Edit
Nearby Tondc is a derelict, nineteen-foot-tall statue of Abraham Lincoln. According to Lincoln in The 48, the location is a place where members of Trikru go to settle disputes. Lincoln leaves Octavia behind at the statue in order to return to Tondc for a cure for her poisoned wound. In Inclement Weather, after Lincoln is captured by his own clan and subjected to Death by a Thousand Cuts, Octavia kidnaps his clan's only healer, Nyko, and tells Indra to meet her at the statue to exchange Lincoln for Nyko. Reapers attack and both Lincoln and Nyko are captured. Later, in Human Trials, Octavia leads Bellamy and Clarke to Tondc. When they pass by the Lincoln statue, Octavia cries as she tells Bellamy how she was not able to save Lincoln from the Reapers.
Throughout the Series Edit
Tondc is briefly mentioned in "Nevermind"
|Many Happy Returns||Appears|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Absent|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Mentioned|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Mentioned|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
|A Little Sacrifice||Absent|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Absent|
|The Dying of the Light||Absent|
|The Last War||Absent|
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Tondc is Lincoln's village and is the first Grounder village seen in the show.
- Tondc is built on the ruins of Washington, D.C. The name is evidently based on a broken sign and the Grounders simply assumed that was the full name of the place, or just shortened the full name.
- Finn's massacre killed eighteen villagers (including Artigas).
- According to Finn's and Murphy's counts, there were 26-28 villagers in Tondc at the time.
- The Mount Weather missile killed 250 Grounders and Sky People gathered there for an alliance meeting between the Coalition of the 12 Clans and the Sky People.
- As of Praimfaya, it is assumed that Tondc is completely gone or in ruins.
See Also Edit