The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the event.|
|“||A curious species indeed.||”|
|— The Judge about the human race.|
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|
- Adina Porter as Indra
- Jarod Joseph as Nathan Miller
- Luisa d'Oliveira as Emori
- Sachin Sahel as Eric Jackson
- Tati Gabrielle as Gaia
- Lola Flanery as Madi Griffin
- Jessica Harmon as Niylah
- Jason Diaz as Levitt
- Alaina Huffman as Nikki
- Iola Evans as the Judge (in the form of Callie Cadogan)
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Bill Cadogan
Special Appearances By
- Tom Stevens as Trey (credit only)
- Adam Lolacher as Jeremiah (credit only)
- Karen Holness as Blythe Ann (credit only)
- Dean Marshall as Jae (credit only)
- Max Montesi as Lindo
- Luc Roderique as Penn
- Sean Quan as Rex (credit only)
- Dylan Kingwell as Luca (credit only)
- Max Archibald as Lee (credit only)
- Alex Barima as Kwame
- Xander Hall as Command Disciple
- Camillia Mahal as Speaking Disciple
- Julia Daye as Disciple
- Levitt: "We're too late."
- The Judge (in Callie Cadogan's form): "What took you so long?"
- Bill Cadogan: "Our pier. I took you fishing here once."
- The Judge: "Why only once?"
- Bill Cadogan: "You jumped in. Oh, I told you not to, but you didn't listen. You never listened."
- The Judge: "She took after her mother."
- Bill Cadogan: "You're not Callie."
- The Judge: "No. This is who you chose. We most often take the form of the subject's greatest teacher or the source of their greatest failure. In the rare emotion-driven species such as your own, it can be their greatest love. Seems you're faced with all of the above."
- Bill Cadogan: "Are you God?"
- The Judge: "For our purposes you may consider me your judge."
- Bill Cadogan: "My judge? So they were right. This is a trial, a test, not a war."
- The Judge: "Correct. The last of your kind to stand before us -- Becca -- refused the test. Tell me... Dad, is the human race now ready to join us?"
- Bill Cadogan: "Yes. We are ready."
- The Judge: "Excellent. Here's how it works. We talk. I ask questions, you answer truthfully, if you do not I will know it. If your answers are satisfactory, your consciousness and that of your entire species will become one with ours. You will transcend your human form and then become infinite. If you fail to earn this evolutionary leap, you will be eliminated, turned to crystal the way the Bardoans and countless other civilizations before them were. Sound good? (Cadogan nods) The first question is about love. So few species are given this gift, yet you have attempted to erase it in pursuit of this moment. Why?" (Clarke kills Cadogan)
- Clarke Griffin: "Pencils down."
- Indra: "What the hell are you doing here?"
- Raven Reyes: "Saving our asses, again. (to Nikki) Thank you."
- Nikki: "It's what Hatch would do."
- Jordan Green: "For my first trick, I will make an army appear."
- Jordan Green: "Well, they're distracted."
- Hope Diyoza: "Long enough for us to die."
- Indra: "We all die. When is out of our control. This is a good how."
- Clarke Griffin: "Why am I still here?"
- The Judge (as Lexa): "You know why."
- Clarke Griffin: "Lexa." (hugs the Judge)
- The Judge: "I'm not her, Clarke."
- Clarke Griffin: "I know. (releases the Judge after a few moments) The test isn't over?"
- The Judge: "No. I'm sorry. We can't stop what's been set in motion. Your species must now be judged through you. (walks over to Cadogan's pool of blood) This man was unarmed, no threat to you, yet you killed him. Why?"
- Clarke Griffin: "He killed my daughter."
- The Judge: "Is Madi dead?"
- Clarke Griffin: "No, but she will be because of him."
- The Judge: "So your need for revenge is more important than the fate of the entire human race?"
- Clarke Griffin: "It's not revenge. It's justice."
- The Judge: "Clarke... (in Trigedasleng) A rose by any other name is still... blood must have blood."
- Clarke Griffin: "You don't know my pain."
- The Judge: "You're wrong. During the test, I sense every part of you. I'm feeling your pain right now."
- Clarke Griffin: "Really? Then feel me holding Lexa as she dies. Feel me seeing someone else wear my mother's face. Feel me murder my best friend to save my child, only to have her die anyway. Feel that."
- The Judge: "You suffer and inflict suffering on others. Pain begets pain. That's not justice, Clarke. You say you do these things to protect your people, but you're all one... people. That much Cadogan had right."
- Clarke Griffin: "He created a world without love to get to you. He killed my child to get to you. Have you ever considered that you're the problem? How dare you judge me when you annihilate entire species because they don't live up to your ideals? Have I pulled the lever to commit genocide? Yes, I have. And did love make me do this? You're damn right it did! But what's your excuse? You play games with people and call yourselves higher beings. You are no better than the murderers I've killed, and you are no better than me!"
- The Judge: "I am sorry for all you have lost. You've borne so much... but if you are humanity, then I'm afraid humanity is not worthy of taking the next step. It has been decided. (in Trigedasleng) Your fight is over."
- John Murphy: "I remember that. The place we first met. Love at first knife to throat. Oh, you are so beautiful."
- Emori: "John, where are we?"
- John Murphy: "Josephine called it the Mindspace. If it were up to me I would've chosen our cave, but..."
- Emori: "I died."
- John Murphy: "You did. Not acceptable."
- Emori: "You put my Mind Drive in your head. Two minds, one body. You'll die, too. You have to take it out."
- John Murphy: "Without you, I'd just be surviving, Emori, I wouldn't be living."
- Emori: "No, no."
- John Murphy: "Hey, hey. I would take a few more hours with you over forever without."
- Emori: "No, no, no. You can't do this. I won't let you do this, so wake up."
- John Murphy: "Emori..."
- Emori: "Wake up. Just wake up! (shoves Murphy) Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Jackson! Jackson! Wake him up!"
- John Murphy: "Emori."
- Emori: "Don't let him do this! Jackson! John! John! (Murphy grabs her) Let go of me!"
- John Murphy: "Stop! Stop! This is ok with me."
- Emori: "No, it's not ok with me."
- John Murphy: "It's ok, it's ok." (music begins playing)
- Emori: "What is that? (Murphy laughs) What?"
- John Murphy: "The last time I asked you to dance you stabbed me with a butcher knife."
- Emori: "Relationships."
- John Murphy: "Yeah." (Murphy and Emori dance together)
- Raven Reyes (seeing Cadogan's body and the look on Clarke's face): "Oh, that can't be good."
- Clarke Griffin: "What have I done?"
- Raven Reyes: "Clarke, wait! Did you take the test? Tell me what happened."
- Clarke Griffin: "I failed. It should have been you, not me. They should have picked you first."
- Raven Reyes: "So that's it? We don't transcend? We're wiped out? It's over? (Clarke nods) Well, can we change their minds?"
- Clarke Griffin: "I don't know. I need to be with Madi. There's not much time."
- Raven Reyes: "Clarke, wait! (the Anomaly Stone turns red) Ah. Touching a pulsar. What could go wrong?"
- Raven Reyes (looking out of the Ark's window): "No way! Wait, where's Earth?"
- The Judge (as Abby Griffin): "About 42 billion light-years away."
- Raven Reyes: "You read our thoughts and take the form of someone we love."
- The Judge: "Very good. Yours is an interesting choice. Not your real mother, yet her opinion of you mattered even more. You fear her judgment."
- Raven Reyes: "Am I here to talk about me?"
- The Judge: "Why are you here? The test is over. As you know, Clarke failed."
- Raven Reyes: "How can that be? Clarke sacrificed everything for us so that we didn't have to. She gave up her soul so we could keep ours."
- The Judge: "She committed atrocities.
- Raven Reyes: "She was trying to save us."
- The Judge: "She doomed you. I'm sorry."
- Raven Reyes: "Are you? Because to me it looks like you don't feel anything. Have we made mistakes? Yes. Clarke, me, all of us. But we were just trying to survive. I'm not saying we're ready now, and if you don't want us to join you, fine... but at least let us live, keep trying to do better. We will. We have."
- The Judge: "You say you have, yet even now you are poised and on the brink of self-extermination. Look. (shows Raven the standoff between Wonkru and the Disciples) You say you're trying to do better, but all I see are two tribes of frightened creatures willing to kill the other to save themselves."
- Raven Reyes: "But they're not fighting, it was just a distraction. This proves nothing."
- The Judge: "They will fight, Raven, like they always do."
- Raven Reyes: "You can't possibly know that." (the Judge draws Raven's attention to Shiedheda)
- Sheidheda: "Let the games begin."
- The Judge (as Abby Griffin): "Don't you see? Despite the beauty that humans are capable of, you can't break free from the cycle of violence. This is who you are. That's why you failed the test. It's time for us to go, Raven. The end of the human race is here."
- Sheidheda (in Trigedasleng): "We charge! We breach the wall! We kill them all! On my..." (turns to see Indra holding a sonic cannon)
- Indra (in Trigedasleng): "For my mother." (kills Sheidheda)
- Octavia Blake: "Enough! What the hell are we doing here? You swore an oath to fight for all mankind. Well look around you! We are mankind, we are Wonkru! If I kill you, I kill myself. If we keep killing each other, there won't be anyone left to save. Our fight is over, Indra."
- Indra: "I hope you know what you are doing."
- Octavia Blake: "We're unarmed. I know you're afraid to walk away from everything you've spent your lives training for. I am too. My brother believed as you do.. that transcendence -- whatever that means -- is within reach. He died for that belief and for that he'll never get there. Never transcend. I don't know what I believe, but I do know that if we fight this war we don't deserve to find out if he was right. We don't deserve to survive. We fail, we die."
- Raven Reyes: "She's reaching them." (the Judge looks shocked)
- Octavia Blake: "I've been to war and let me tell you... the only way to win is not to fight."
- Raven Reyes: "I told you, we can change. We just need more time. Please."
- Octavia Blake: "Bellamy was right."
- Clarke Griffin: "Is anyone here? Murphy? Emori? (Piccaso runs to Clarke) Hey girl! Where are we gonna live girl? Where are we gonna live?"
- Clarke Griffin: "I don't wanna be alone."
- The Judge (as Lexa) "You're not."
- Clarke Griffin: "What do you want?"
- The Judge: "To explain."
- Clarke Griffin: "There's no need. I get it. I bear it so they don't have to. Again."
- The Judge: "Such a curious species. You've added so much to us already. I'm glad to have been wrong about you."
- Clarke Griffin: "Wait. Does that mean... you're here to take me with you?"
- The Judge: "No. You can never join us, Clarke. Your actions must have a cost."
- Clarke Griffin: "Just mine? Am I the only human being who ever sinned?"
- The Judge: "Of course not. But you are the only test subject from any species anywhere in the universe since the dawn of time who committed murder during a test."
- Clarke Griffin: "I'd do it again."
- The Judge: "Madi knew you'd say that."
- Clarke Griffin: "Madi's with you then?"
- The Judge: "In a manner of speaking, yes. Her consciousness has joined ours. She's at peace. She'll never feel pain, she'll never die. She knew that living here without anyone her own age to love is something you wouldn't have wanted for her even if it meant you being alone. I suppose that choice was made easier with the realization that you wouldn't be."
- Clarke Griffin: "Transcendence is a choice? You can choose to come back?"
- The Judge: "Of course. Though, until now, no one ever had. (Clarke sees her friends nearby) There won't be offspring, and they won't join us when they die. None of them seem to care."
- John Murphy: "Hey. There she is."
- Niylah: "Clarke!"
- The Judge: "A curious species, indeed."
Notes and Trivia
- Raven is able to revive Emori using a defibrillator.
- When Murphy decides to place Emori's Mind Drive into his own head, Jackson reminds him of how badly it went when Clarke and Josephine Lightbourne shared a body in Season Six.
- Reactivating Earth's Anomaly Stone in "The Dying of the Light" appears to have made the planet available again on the Disciples' star map as both Raven and Clarke have no trouble in traveling to Earth following the Stone's reactivation.
- It's confirmed that Jordan Green was correct about it being a test and not a Last War. In addition, its revealed that Becca Franko had refused to take the test when she entered the code in "Anaconda." It's also revealed that the Bardoans were one of many races that had failed the test and were wiped out as a result.
- When Jordan transcends, its revealed to be the vision that he had experienced in "The Blood of Sanctum" while being Adjusted.
- Echo and Niylah are revealed to still be alive and are rescued by Nikki and the Eligius Prisoners.
- The human race achieves transcendence although Clarke remains behind with Picasso on Earth. Murphy, Emori, Indra, Gaia, Jackson, Miller, Raven, Octavia, Echo, Niylah, Jordan, Hope and Levitt decide to return to human form and join her.
- The Judge also states that those who remain untranscended will be unable to bear children, and will not join them upon death.
- The Judge takes on the form of Callie Cadogan, Lexa and Abby Griffin.
- Sheidheda is the final character to die on the show.
- The people that transcended leave behind energy impressions of themselves similar to the beings on Etherea, confirming that the race on that planet really did transcend.
- The episode and series' final moment is a flashback to Clarke drawing on the floor of her cell in "Pilot," the 100's first scene. This effectively brings the show full circle.
- 12 Disciples (grenade explosion and shot by Clarke Griffin)
- Bill Cadogan (shot through the back of the head and then several times in the back by Clarke Griffin)
- Emori (physical body died from fatal injuries; resurrected via a host and original body restored after transcending)
- Several Disciples and Wonkru members (shot each other)
- Sheidheda (blown up with a sonic cannon by Indra)
Behind the Scenes
- This episode is Jason Rothenberg's first and only time directing on this show.
- This episode is the series finale of The 100 as well as the one hundredth episode.
- This episode begins with no Previously On segment or a scene before the credits roll.
- This episode is the longest episode of the entire series, running 43 minutes, excluding breaks.
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.