It illustrates standards of conduct, which are widely accepted among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow. Except for minor edits, please use the forums to propose changes to this policy.
These basic rules apply to the whole of The 100 Wikia. They are expected to be followed at all times while browsing and participating on The 100 Wikia. These guidelines apply to general user behavior, making pages, editing the wiki, templates, adding images, and everything in between.
The 100 Wikia practices open-mindedness and assumes good faith. We assume that most people who work on a wiki are trying to improve it, not hurt it. These guidelines help with that. Please read through this page carefully. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in severe consequences. If you have any questions, contact the administrators.
- Style Guide for the writing style used on the articles.
- Layout Guide for the layouts used on articles.
- Category Guide for proper categorization of articles.
- Image Policy for uploading images.
- Template Guide for templates available for use.
- Don't be afraid to get started. Go ahead, it's a wiki!
- Be careful about the amount of personal information you provide. (i.e: name, age, location, etc.)
- Act civil and have common courtesy toward other users.
- Avoid starting conflicts. This wikia isn't here for bickering.
- Do not call out the admins and other users for lack of content on pages. Wikias are a lot of work, and chances are the admins and other users are super busy. Instead, help contribute to the pages.
- When in doubt, ask an Admin, take it to the article's talk page, or the forums. We don't bite.
- Do not spam irrelevant or inappropriate messages. (i.e: repeatedly posting the same messages, advertising a business or website, etc.)
- No sexually explicit images or content.
- Any word used in the show or book is allowed on the wikia. The more offensive words cannot be directed at: other users, the cast, crew, or the characters themselves.
- To avoid too many pages, please do not make a page for characters or subjects who appear in less than 2 episodes.
- Regardless of status, all users are required to show respect towards yourself and other users. Personal attacks, insults, bullying, slander, inflammatory remarks, harassment, and/or sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
- We disapprove of minimodding. Minimodding occurs when a user oversteps the boundaries of their authority.
- We do encourage users to make others aware of our policies, however, but actual warnings and removals are the responsibility of the wikia staff.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Vandalism is any type of edit that is deliberately destructive to the article, or part of a page without proper reason. It may also involve replacing information with: inappropriate, ridiculous, random, and/or harmful information.
- If you see a vandalized page, please report it to an Admin. The administrators will take proper action in dealing with the vandal.
- Comments on pages are expected to be appropriate. This means no inappropriate language, and the comment should be relevant to the topic. Neither should it be inflammatory. All comments are expected to use decent spelling, grammar and punctuation. Any comments insulting or harassing any users will deleted; such comments will also result in blocks.
- Editing conflicts: When there is an editing conflict the two editors are expected to try and solve the issue on their own. If they cannot come to an agreement in a civil way, they should ask a neutral party to give an opinion. If they still disagree, the administrators will step in themselves.
- Format changes: Big format changes (such as deleting sections of articles or removing information from infoboxes) should be run by the community first. If you have option to speedy communication with an admin, then use it in specific cases.
Chat and Comments
- Please note that The 100 Wikia Chat and Comments are not spoiler-free zones. You have been warned, enter at your own risk.
- This may happen to the The 100 Wikia Chat during or following a new episode airing.
- Do not use excessive amounts of caps.
- Do not use excessive amounts of chat speak.
- Do not harass/slander another user at all.
- Do not use offensive language.
- Do not advertise another wikia/chat/site/etc.