|This article is about the TV series. You may be looking for the book series or the 100 delinquents.|
The 100 is an American post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dystopian drama television series developed by Jason Rothenberg and is loosely based on the book series of the same name by Kass Morgan. The series follows a group of Delinquents, who have been sent down to Earth to see if it is survivable or not. For the first time in nearly a century, humans have returned to planet Earth, but they realize they're not alone.
The series premiered on The CW in the United States on March 19, 2014, attracting 2.73 million viewers on the original airing; the sixth season of the series premiered on April 30, 2019. In August 2019, it was announced that the series will conclude with the seventh season, which will premiere on May 20, 2020.
The series is loosely based on The 100, the first novel in the hundred series by Kass Morgan. Some characters are original characters and do not appear in the books. A few also have their personalities switched or shared. The TV series is also considered to be ahead of the book series in events. Many of the events that happen in the TV show may not happen in the books.
Main Cast Edit
- Main article: Character Appearances
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin (Seasons 1–7) and Josephine Lightbourne (Season 6)
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake (Seasons 1–7)
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake (Seasons 1–7)
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes (Seasons 2–7)
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy (Seasons 3–7)
- Tasya Teles as Echo (Seasons 5–7)
- Shannon Kook as Jordan Green (Seasons 6–7)
- JR Bourne as Russell Lightbourne and Sheidheda (Season 7)
- Chuku Modu as Gabriel Santiago (Season 7)
- Shelby Flannery as Hope Diyoza (Season 7)
- Kelly Hu as Callie Cartwig (Season 1)
- Eli Goree as Wells Jaha (Season 1)
- Thomas McDonell as Finn Collins (Seasons 1–2)
- Ricky Whittle as Lincoln (Seasons 2–3)
- Zach McGowan as Roan (Season 4)
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan (Seasons 1–4)
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha (Seasons 1–5)
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green (Seasons 1–5)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane (Seasons 1–6)
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin (Seasons 1–6) and Simone Lightbourne (Season 6)
Conception and development Edit
In 2012, prior to the publication of the first book, the TV team in Alloy Entertainment pitched the idea to its partner studio at Warner Bros. TV as a potential pilot. Television producer Jason Rothenberg was drawn to the project by the idea of "sending these hundred juvenile delinquents down to the ground" in a Lord of the Flies esque fashion. Rothenberg came back with a take they liked, and the series was successfully pitched to The CW.
On May 9, 2013, it was announced that the CW ordered The 100 for midseason launch, developed by Rothenberg. The series premiered on March 19, 2014, attracting 2.73 million viewers on the original airing, making it CW's most watched new series premiere of the season, and delivered the network's best total viewer numbers in its time period in 3.5 years. Following a positive reception to the first thirteen-episode season, the CW renewed The 100 for a second series.
The 100 has a total of 100 episodes.
|One||May 9, 2013||13||N/A||March 19, 2014 - June 11, 2014|
|Two||May 8, 2014||16||July 7, 2014 - January 23, 2015||October 22, 2014 - March 11, 2015|
|Three||January 11, 2015||16||July 15, 2015 - January 28, 2016||January 21, 2016 - May 19, 2016|
|Four||March 11, 2016||13||August 6, 2016 - January 16, 2017||February 1, 2017 - May 24, 2017|
|Five||March 10, 2017||13||August 14, 2017 - January 27, 2018||April 24, 2018 - August 7, 2018|
|Six||May 7, 2018||13||August 27, 2018 - February 13, 2019||April 30, 2019 - August 6, 2019|
|Seven||April 24, 2019||16||August 26, 2019 - March 14, 2020||May 20, 2020 -|
- Main article: Music
The first season was soundtracked largely by pop jams and notable contributions by Imagine Dragons, Ben Howard, Youngblood Hawke and Disclosure with some trendy recognizable additions. As well as original music was composed by Evan Frankfort, Liz Phair, and Marc Dauer.
The second season still offered instances of contemporary music with frequent appearances by Raign, but much more of the soundtrack came from recordings of classical music and original compositions for the show by Evan Frankfort.
The third season introduced an original score composed by Tree Adams and made more use of diegetic sources, playing in the world of the show rather than as a part of the soundtrack. According to Inverse, season 3 has been by far the most cohesive in terms of music choice.
The series is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television, and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Matthew Miller, Jason Rothenberg, Bharat Nalluri, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo.
Zoic Studios does CG work for The 100, Mastersfx handles the practical effects.
Prequel series Edit
A prequel series is in development, with Rothenberg developing the series for The CW. In October 2019, it was reported that a backdoor pilot episode had been ordered, which will also serve as an episode of The 100. The prequel series is set to show the events 97 years before The 100, beginning with the nuclear apocalypse that wiped out almost all life on Earth.
|The 100 TV Series|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ Brady, T.J. (15 Apr 2014) Tweet “The beauty of the world in #The100. (Vancouver)” - @tjbradytv
- ↑ https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-100-stargirl-in-the-dark-the-cw-reveals-spring-2020-premiere-dates/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Counting Down to 'The 100', Publishers Weekly by Shannon Maughan, Jul 30, 2013.
- ↑ Jason Rothenberg, NineteenQuestions, November 23, 2015
- ↑ The 100 blasts off with the CW's most watched series premiere of the season, 03.20.2014
- ↑ showrunner takes a look back at the series' trajectory
- ↑ Season 3: Jason Rothenberg talks the series' dark shift throughout the seasons
- ↑ https://twitter.com/yvrshoots/status/1239080608770322435
- ↑ Why 'The 100' Suddenly Sounds Good
- ↑ https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29580238/the-100-spin-off-prequel/