In "The Old Man and the Anomaly", it is revealed that the radio signals get absorbed by the Anomaly and retranslates in The Verge, where it's possible to pick them up here in endless, repeating waves. It is also revealed that the Anomaly does the same as the Red Sun and that the Anomaly has similar effects on plants, only it's "constant and weirder". The Anomaly gets into people's minds, causing them to hear things and hallucinate, sometimes their darkest fear, their deepest desire, and both at once.
Temporal Flare Edit
A temporal flare seems to be a green light source in the sky that shoots out other green flares that burn, destroy, or "petrify" anything they touch.
In "The Gospel of Josephine", Gabriel (posing as Xavier) notices a Temporal Flare nearby. He tosses Charmaine Diyoza a rope and tells her and Octavia Blake to get out and run. Diyoza gets out, but she realizes that Octavia has no time. She tells her she will return. Octavia submerges herself in the quicksand-like substance and survives the Temporal Flare with only damage to a hand that was left exposed. Diyoza manages to dig Octavia out and they run after Gabriel/Xavier.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Sanctum, the Anomaly makes its first appearance, as Raven and Jordan see it from Eligius IV towards Alpha, mistaking it for a pole.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The Anomaly will be focused on in Season Seven.
- Jordan Green calls the 'green light' first an aurora (false as auroras have a magnet as source)
- Charmaine Diyoza is the first shown person to walk into the Anomaly.
- Octavia Blake was the second shown person to walk into the Anomaly and the first known person who walked out of the Anomaly.
- Hope Diyoza is the second person to walk out of the Anomaly - Hope was born in the Anomaly