In the Green Valley, Charmaine Diyoza leads the other prisoners to continue their search for the inhabitants. Clarke manages to kill four of the prisoners before getting wounded. She shows Madi a place to hide and runs to divert the prisoners away from Madi. Unfortunately, Clarke is captured by the prisoners led by Paxton McCreary and Miles Shaw. McCreary and Shaw disagree on their methods because Shaw is sympathetic while McCreary just wants to kill her. Diyoza orders them to bring Clarke alive for interrogation.
At first, Clarke refuses to talk but decides to co-operate after realizing that Diyoza's prisoners are closing in on Madi. She agrees to tell them everything and in return Diyoza orders her people to spare Madi's life. Clarke makes it clear that there's no one else in the valley besides her and Madi. Diyoza then asks Clarke to bring her up to date on how the world ended, which Clarke replies how first Nuclear Apocalypse ended the world.
Meanwhile, the survivors up in the Ark need enough fuel in order to get to the ground. So, they come up with a plan to take the fuel from the Eligius IV mining ship. After landing on the giant ship, they are surprised to find no one in the ship. They find alarms going off but they manage to turn them off. They figure out that the prisoners were on the ship but assume that the prisoners are no longer there. Raven hacks into the ship's database in order to locate the fuel they need. She also starts going through the captain logs in an attempt to figure out what happened to the prisoners.
Just when they've got enough fuel and are ready to leave, they discover a cryogenic chamber with 284 frozen prisoners. One of the prisoners wakes up and attacks them, but gets killed by Bellamy. After the attack, Bellamy asks Raven to figure out a way for them to be able to kill all the prisoners remotely so that they can use it as leverage to save their people once they get on the ground. Raven tries but comes up with nothing. She tells Bellamy that the cryogenic chamber can only be controlled by someone from inside the ship. She offers to stay behind but Bellamy doesn't want to leave anyone else to die. To convince Bellamy to leave her, Raven lies to him that there's an escape pod for captains in case of emergency. Murphy also decides to remain behind with Raven - only to realize that there is no escape pod. Without Raven, Emori is forced to single-handedly fly the ark back to the ground.
On landing on the ground, the group immediately comes face to face with the prisoners who have been ordered to shoot-to-kill. In a surprise twist, Madi appears from the bushes and kills two prisoners in an instant. Madi tells them that they need to hurry because Clarke is in trouble. They are shocked to hear that Clarke is alive but Octavia and everyone else are still stuck in the bunker. On realizing that there are other people, Diyoza intensifies her torture for Clarke, claiming that she lied to her. Madi and Bellamy arrive just when Diyoza is dragging Clarke outside to torture her.
Bellamy asks Diyoza to spare Clarke's life or else all the 283 prisoners in the ship would die. To prove that he's not bluffing, he shows Diyoza a mug that he carried from the ship. Bellamy makes it clear that he would trade all those lives for just one - Clarke Griffin. That's how much she means to him.
Guest Starring Edit
- Joshua Murdoch as Trapped Prisoner
- Bob Frazer as Captain Stevens
- Colin Decker as Falk
- Brad Kelly as Kodiak
- Elfina Luk as Rankin
- Todd Scott as First Prisoner
- Tommy Europe as Harris
- Mike Kovac as Rabe
- Miles Shaw to Clarke Griffin: "Come on. What harm can come from telling me your name? Well, believe it or not, this is the best conversation I've had in over a hundred years. I was an altar boy in a church just like this. Saginaw, about two hours outside Detroit. On my Harley, I'd make it in one. God, I miss that bike... More than I miss most of the people."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode is Eliza Taylor's 60th episode.
- Bellamy Blake and others return to Earth except Raven Reyes and John Murphy who were left behind on the Eligius IV.
- Madi meets Bellamy, Echo, Monty Green, Harper McIntyre and Emori for the first time. She knew them from Clarke's descriptions and stories.
- Bellamy and Clarke are reunited at end of this episode after six years.
- This is third episode where Octavia Blake did not appear but is still mentioned.
- This episode marks first on screen conversation and interaction between Harper McIntyre and Emori.
Body Count Edit
- Rabe - Shot with a sniper rifle by Clarke
- One prisoner - Shot by Charmaine (mercy kill) after being stabbed in the chest by a trap set by Clarke
- Captain Stevens - Throat slit Paxton (in 2047)
- Numerous Eligius IV guards and crew - Killed by Paxton gun to the head shots
- Kodiak - Stabbed by Echo and strangled by Bellamy
- Falk - Speared by Madi
- Harris - Shot by Madi
Behind the Scenes Edit
Production Notes Edit
See Also Edit