Season Three is the third season of the CW television series The 100. It consisted of 16 episodes. It premiered on January 21, 2016 and concluded on May 19, 2016. It was announced on January 11, 2015. Filming started on July 15, 2015. The first episode of the season was "Wanheda (Part 1)." The season finale was "Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)."
For two seasons, the refugees of The 100 sent to Earth have been at war. First with themselves, then with the Grounders, and finally with Mount Weather. Many have lost their lives along the way. All have lost their innocence. They have learned the hard way that in the fight for survival, there are no heroes and no villains. There is only the living and the dead. But now the war is over. The battle against Mount Weather has been won. The prisoners have returned home to a world seemingly at peace, but can they find peace within themselves after what they had to do to escape? And is there more to life than just surviving? Unfortunately, their newfound sense of normalcy will be short-lived, and their lives will be changed forever, as threats both old and new test their loyalties, push them past their limits, and make them question what it truly means to be human. First, they fought to survive. Then, they fought for their friends. Now, they will fight for the human race.
Cast and Characters
- Main article: Character Appearances
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin (15/16)
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin (11/16)
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake (15/16)
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake (15/16)
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan (12/16)
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green (12/16)
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes (11/16)
- Ricky Whittle as Lincoln (7/16)
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy (12/16)
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha (12/16)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane (12/16)
- Adina Porter as Indra
- Zach McGowan as Roan
- Jessica Harmon as Niylah
- Luisa d'Oliveira as Emori
- Erica Cerra as A.L.I.E. and Becca Franco
- Jarod Joseph as Nathan Miller
- Leah Gibson as Gina Martin
- Sachin Sahel as Eric Jackson
- Chelsey Reist as Harper McIntyre
- Katie Stuart as Zoe Monroe
- Shawn Mendes as Macallan
- Alycia Debnam-Carey as Lexa
- Michael Beach as Charles Pike
- Donna Yamamoto as Hannah Green
- Ty Olsson as Nyko
- Neil Sandilands as Titus
- Brenda Strong as Nia
- Alessandro Juliani as Jacapo Sinclair
- Tasya Teles as Echo
- Toby Levins as Carl Emerson
- Jonathan Whitesell as Bryan
- Rhiannon Fish as Ontari
- Mik Byskov as Otan (3x05 only)
- Shaine Jones as Shawn Gillmer (3x05 and 3x06 only)
- Zak Santiago as Semet
- James Neate as Chris (3x07 only)
- Roger Cross as Cole McAdams
- Yasmine Aker as Peri Gordon
- Nadia Hilker as Luna
- Victor Zinck Jr. as Dax
- Nesta Cooper as Shay
- George Tchortov as Derrick
- Chris Shields as David Miller
- Jojo Ahenkorah as Costa
- Cory Gruter-Andrew as Aden
- Graham McDonald as Bill
- David Dincolo as Zeke
- John DeSantis as Gideon
- Shaine Jones as Shawn Gillmer (3x04, 3x09 and 3x10)
- James Neate as Chris (3x01 only)
- Mik Byskov as Otan (3x01 only)
- Noah Danby as Ivon
- Christian Sloan as Uzac
- Georgia Hacche as Denae
- Michael Strusievici as Gavriel
- Marilyn Norry as Enera
- Genevieve Buechner as Fox
- Ceila Reid as Roma
- Shane Symons as Jones
- Aaron Miko as John Mbege
- Main article: Episode Guide
- Wanheda (Part 1) (T)
- Wanheda (Part 2) (T)
- Ye Who Enter Here (T)
- Watch the Thrones (T)
- Hakeldama (T)
- Bitter Harvest (T)
- Thirteen (T)
- Terms and Conditions (T)
- Stealing Fire (T)
- Fallen (T)
- Nevermore (T)
- Demons (T)
- Join or Die (T)
- Red Sky at Morning (T)
- Perverse Instantiation (Part 1) (T)
- Perverse Instantiation (Part 2) (T)
- Main article: Body Count
Note: The total body count for the season cannot be determined. The following information is only what has been confirmed. For a more accurate and specific representation of the season's body count, see the Body Count article.
|"Wanheda (Part 1)"||3|
|"Wanheda (Part 2)"||5|
|"Ye Who Enter Here"||42|
|"Watch the Thrones"||1|
|"Terms and Conditions"||2|
|"Join or Die"||TBD|
|"Red Sky at Morning"||8|
|"Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)"||9|
|"Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)"||TBD|
|United States||The CW||January 21, 2016 (9/8c PM)||May 19, 2016|
|Spain||Syfy Spain||January 28, 2016||May 27, 2016|
|United Kingdom||E4||February 17, 2016 (9 PM)||June 3, 2016|
|Australia||Fox 8||February 3, 2016 (8:30 PM)||May 18, 2016|
|Germany||ProSieben||July 27, 2016 (10:30 PM)||November 9, 2016|
|France||Syfy France||November 15, 2016||March 8, 2017|
|Italy||Premium Action||September 18, 2016 (9 PM)||November 6, 2016|
Note: This section is meant for anything but episode stills. Please check out the episode page's gallery to see episode stills and screencaps.
The 100 appeared in a panel in Comic-Con 2015. The following people were in attendance:
Videos from Comic-Con:
The 100 appeared in a panel in Wonder-Con 2016. The following people were in attendance:
Videos from Wonder-Con:
Notes and Trivia
- Julia Benson and Shawna Benson joined the writing staff.
- Layne Morgan also joined the writing staff.
- April 6, 2015 was the first day of writing Season Three.
- Episode 3x02 was being written on June 19, 2015.
- On May 12, 2015, it was announced that Richard Harmon would return as series regular.
- July 15, 2015 was the first day of production for Season Three. They finished on January 29, 2016.
- Season 3 premiered on American Netflix on November 16, 2016.
- Season 3 was initially supposed to be 13 episodes. However, partially through filming the crew found out it would be 16 episodes, thus a lot needed to be rewritten.
- After the finale, there were 44 delinquents remaining. 2 delinquents died during season 3.
- As of "Terms and Conditions" there is not one star on the show to be in every episode.
- Clarke Griffin is the only main character to seen in the Season 3 poster.
- This is the first season where none of the main cast appears in every episode.
- Either this season or Season Seven has the highest number of deaths in the series, though most of the deaths were from flashbacks to the first nuclear apocalypse which killed approximately 11 billion people. In this season, the flashback was shown in the episode "Thirteen".
- Lincoln is the only major character in season 3 that died.
|The 100 TV Series|
- Hibberd, James (01/11/2015) “The CW renews 8 shows for next season” Insider TV
- Rothenberg, Jason (March 17, 2015) “#the100 July” Twitter
- The CW Announces 2015-16 Fall Schedule, The CW Press. May 14, 2015.
- Benson, Julie (March 11, 2015) “@TeelaJBrown & I are thrilled beyond belief to be joining the writing staff” Twitter
- Rothenberg, Jason (March 20, 2015) “#The100 April 6th. Day 1 of the S3 Writers Room.” Twitter
- the100writers (July 15, 2015) “The 100 Writers (@the100writers) • Instagram” '
- the100writers (January 29, 2016) “The 100 Writers (@the100writers) • Instagram” '