Season Five is the fifth season of The CW television series The 100. It consists of 13 episodes. It premiered on April 24, 2018 and concluded on August 7, 2018. The renewal was announced on March 10, 2017. Shooting began on August 14, 2017 and wrapped up on January 27, 2018.
For four seasons, The 100 have fought to survive. That fight has torn them apart, turned them against each other, and taken the lives of their closest friends. Season Four introduced our heroes to the harsh truth that the human race is doomed to face an unbeatable enemy: the remaining nuclear reactors on Earth have melted down and are setting the atmosphere on fire. Our heroes had very little time to prepare for the worst, with every possible solution disappearing almost as quickly as they were able to come up with them. With a literal countdown to the end of the world, our heroes will be forced to go to unimaginable lengths to make it out alive – with or without each other. In the aftermath of Praimfaya, they must begin again, and with Season Five our heroes will have to examine their responsibility to the new place they call home, and the future generations who will inhabit it. Can they begin again and celebrate what remains, or will the frailties of human nature cost them their one chance to rise from the ashes?
Cast and Characters Edit
- Main article: Character Appearances
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy
- Tasya Teles as Echo
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha (5x01-5x02)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane
Guest Starring Edit
- Adina Porter as Indra
- Jarod Joseph as Nathan Miller
- Ivana Milicevic as Charmaine Diyoza
- William Miller as Paxton McCreary
- Lola Flanery as Madi Griffin
- Chelsey Reist as Harper McIntyre
- Jordan Bolger as Miles Shaw
- Luisa D'Oliveira as Emori
- Tati Gabrielle as Gaia
- Sachin Sahel as Eric Jackson
- Kyra Zagorsky as Kara Cooper
- Jessica Harmon as Niylah
- Mike Dopud as Michael Vinson
- Erica Cerra as Becca
- Shannon Kook as Jordan Green
- Barbara Beall as Brell
- St. John Myers as Ethan Hardy (age 12)
- Albert Nicholas as Cosser
- David Lennon as Tarik
- Lina Renna as Young Madi
- Beckham Skodje as Ethan Hardy (age 6)
- Phillip Mitchell as Baines (credited as Large Prisoner)
- Paul Lazenby as Jenson (credited as Sidekick)
- Julien Hyacinthe as Cooper Arker/Farm Guard
- Bob Frazer as Captain Stevens
- Colin Decker as Falk
- Brad Kelly as Kodiak
- Elfina Luk as Rankin
- Tommy Europe as Harris
- Mike Kovac as Rabe
- Julia Dominczak as Anthem Singer
- Christopher Jordan Judge as Obika
- Jenna Berman as Karina
- Daryl Ducharme as Dexter
- Jeremy Jones as Robert
- Micheal Patric as Nash
- Max Montesi as Lindo
- AJ Simmons as Anamay
- Dagan Nish as Kahlan
- Hugo Raymundo as Hugo
- David Coles as Kuba (Prisoner #1)
- Virgil Davies as Virgil
- Neal Kai Chung as Baby Jordan
- Main article: Episode Guide
Body Count Edit
- Main article: Body Count
Note: The total body count for the season cannot be determined. The following information is only what has been confirmed. For a more accurate and specific representation of the season's body count, see the Body Count article. But if start counting without taking into account flashbacks, i.e. since the landing of Eligius IV on Earth, there were originally 814 people in the bunker, 300 prisoners, 7 spacekru and 2 nightbloods (Clarke and Madi). Given this and the fact that in the season finale there were only 411 people. It can be assumed that 714 people died during this season.
|"How We Get to Peace"||1|
|"Sic Semper Tyrannis"||2+|
|"The Warriors Will"||8|
|"The Dark Year"||6+|
|"Damocles (Part 1)"||6+|
|"Damocles (Part 2)"||8+|
Air Dates Edit
|United States||The CW||April 24, 2018 (9/8c PM)||August 7, 2018 (8/7c PM)|
The series was added to Netflix weekly in Canada and added to Netflix US a week after the series has finished airing.
The 100 hosted a panel during the San Diego Comic-Con 2017. The following people attended:
Videos from Comic-Con:
Notes and Trivia Edit
- On March 10, 2017, The 100 was renewed for a fifth season.
- The writers started to work on the season on April 4, 2017 and end on December 14, 2017.
- Kim Shumway, one of writers of the show, announced on her Twitter that she will not be returning to the show for season five.
- Isaiah Washington (Thelonious Jaha) will not return as a series regular. However, he will appear as a guest star in the episodes.
- This was later proven to be false, when Jason Rothenberg tweeted the season 5 opening.
- On May 26, 2017, it was announced that Tasya Teles, who portrays Echo, will become a series regular.
- It was announced at The CW TCA panel that this season will have 13 episodes, just like Season 1 and Season 4.
- Filming began on August 14, 2017 and wrapped up on January 27, 2018.
- Henry Ian Cusick stated that he will direct an episode this season.
- Rothenburg tweeted that the season trailer will be released in January 2018, but later said it may be delayed.
Plot and Character Notes:
- This season will start six years and seven days after the death wave.
- All of the delinquents will be adults in their 20s.
- Rothenberg teased that this season will be a "Battle for Eden".
- This season will have multiple flashbacks from the six years between the day that the Second Nuclear Apocalypse hit and when Clarke and Madi spot the Gagarin spaceship. There will be flashbacks of Clarke and Madi as well as the groups on the Ark and in the Second Dawn Bunker.
- The flashbacks will focus on pivotal emotional moments to show character development.
- Showrunner Jason Rothenberg teased that the prisoners on board the Gagarin prisoner transport will, at first, be antagonists. Unlike the juvenile delinquents, these arrivals are "real hardened criminals" and will be a threat.
- As far as Clarke is aware, she and Madi are the only two people still alive on Earth since they were unable to contact the bunker survivors.
- Clarke has been telling Madi stories about her friends for years. For Madi, Clarke's friends are her heroes.
- Rothenberg teased that fans would be surprised of where Octavia will end up.
- Rothenberg teased that Bellamy and Octavia will reunite.
- Rothenberg revealed that Raven will learn to fight.
- The group in space will have relationships issues.
- The clans in the bunker have retained many of their former animosities, which causes lots of problems when they try to live together.
- Rothenberg teased there will be interesting Raven-Murphy interactions.
- At Comic-Con, Rothenberg announced that there will be three "really powerful" new characters.
- One will be the leader of the group from the Gagarin spaceship.
- On August 18, it was announced that one of new characters is a space explorer named Zeke Shaw.
- His first name was later changed to Miles
- On August 22, it was announced that another new recurring character is a prisoner named Charmaine Diyoza. She is a "ruthless military strategist".
- On September 4, another new villain, named Robert McCreary, was announced. On February 11, Rothenberg announced that the character was renamed to Paxton "Graveyard" McCreary.
- On December 19, another new recurring character, named Vinson, was announced. He is one of prisoners on the Gagarin and a ruthless serial killer.
- Lola Flanery tweeted a video of the Comic Con season 5 promo, with caption "Want me to tell you a story?" In the video Madi tells the story of the Clarke's life. She was re-cast as Madi for this season.
- Marie Avgeropoulos teased that Octavia and Clarke will have to work together to lead everyone safely as they switch posts.
- Bob Morley stated that Clarke's message to Bellamy will be addressed in premiere episode.
- Rothenberg teased that Bellamy will help Clarke see that they have to do things differently.
- Second season to have two major deaths (Jaha and Monty), first was Season 4.
- Clarke Griffin is the only main character to appear in every episode.
See Also Edit
|The 100 TV Series|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The CW's 2017 TCA Panel News, SpoilerTV, 08.02.2017
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ginsburg, Aaron (7 Jan 2018) Tweet “It's official: #The100 Season 5 Premieres APRIL 24th.” - @DrLawyercop
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-5-8pm-tuesday-move-season-finale/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The 100 Writers Room (10 Mar 2017) Tweet - @The100writers
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 What's Filming: In Production (archived)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Rothenberg, Jason (27 Jan 2018) Tweet - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Flanery, Lola (27 Jan 2018) Tweet - @LolaFlanery
- ↑ The CW Announces 2017-18 Fall Schedule, The CW Press, 05.18.2017
- ↑ Episode 5.01 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV, 07.28.2017
- ↑ Episode 5.02 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV, 08.14.2017
- ↑ Episode 5.03 - Title Revealed SpoilerTV, 08.07.2017
- ↑ The 100 - Episode 5.04 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ The 100 - Episode 5.05 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ The 100 - Episode 5.06 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The 100 - Episode 5.07 - 5.10 - Titles Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/1004514332296671232
- ↑ The 100 - Episode 5.10 - The Warriors Will - Promotional Photos + Press Release, SpoilerTV
- ↑ The 100 - Episode 5.11 - Title Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 The 100 - Episode 5.12 - 5.13 (Season Finale) - Titles Revealed, SpoilerTV
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (7 Jan 2018) Tweet “That time slot though! Tuesdays at 9 following @CW_TheFlash…” - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/other/when-will-season-5-of-the-100-be-on-netflix/
- ↑ Day, Carla (21 Jul 2017) Tweet - @InsideThe100
- ↑ Day, Carla (21 Jul 2017) Tweet - @InsideThe100
- ↑ We Begin Again, Aaron Ginsburg tumblr
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (Dec 15, 2017) Tweet “…LAST DAY with the SEASON 5 writers…” - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ Shumway, Kim (14 Mar 2017) Tweet “I've decided not to return for #The100 S5.” - @kimshum
- ↑ Isaiah Washington won't return to The 100 as series regular in season 5, Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ Instagram post by Isaiah Washington "Jaha is returning for Season 5 of THE 100 in Episode 503."
- ↑ The 100 Promotes Tasya Teles (Echo) to Series Regular in Season 5, TVLine
- ↑ Henry Ian Cusick on 'Rememory' and the Major Changes Ahead in 'The 100' Season 5, Collider
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (Dec 29, 2017) Tweet “…the trailers not coming until January.” - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (9 Jan 2018) Tweet - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ Day, Carla (21 Jul 2017) Tweet “The season will be a 'Battle for Eden.'” - @InsideThe100
- ↑ The 100 Creator on Those Big Time Jump Reveals and What to Expect in Season 5, IGN
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 'The 100' Boss Discusses "Full Circle" Finale, Time Jump and Endgame, The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 36.4 36.5 The 100 boss reveals who's in those transport ships, Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ The 100 Boss Explains Finale's 'Reboot' Ending, Introduces Clarke's [Spoiler] and Shares Major Season 5 Scoop, TVLine
- ↑ The 100 Finale: All Those Major Twists, Explained, TV Guide
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 The 100 finale: What happened in the last five minutes?, Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ 'The 100' Showrunner on Who Survived, Who Didn't and New Setting in Season 5, The Wrap
- ↑ The 100's Finale Changes Everything: All You Need to Know About Season 5, E!
- ↑ Day, Carla (21 Jul 2017) Tweet “Raven will learn to fight!” - @InsideThe100
- ↑ Day, Carla (21 Jul 2017) Tweet “There will be some interesting Raven-Murphy stuff this season” - @InsideThe100
- ↑ 'The 100' season 5: Video interviews with Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Richard Harmon and more from SDCC 2017, Hypable
- ↑ The 100 Showrunner Reveals the Mystery of the Prison Spaceship, TV Guide
- ↑ The 100 Adds Peaky Blinders Actor as Cocky Space Explorer in Season 5, TVLine
- ↑ The 100: Meet one of the 'mysterious criminals' aboard the prison ship, Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ The 100: Meet Season 5's New Big Bad, TVLine
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (11 Feb 2018) Tweet “…Robert McCreary played by @WilliamMiller got a name change. He is now known as Paxton "Graveyard" McCreary…” - @JRothenbergTV
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Flanery, Lola (3 Aug 2017) Tweet - @LolaFlanery
- ↑ 'The 100' Season 5: Marie Avgeropoulos reveals Clarke, Octavia to switch posts, Blasting News
- ↑ 'The 100' season 5: 19 big things we learned at SDCC 2017, Hypable (number 10)
- ↑ THE 100 at Comic-Con: The Cast and Producers Tease Season 5, The TV Addict