|“||The Raven Reyes I know doesn't give up.||”|
|— Sinclair to Raven in Ye Who Enter Here [src]|
Throughout the SeriesEdit
Raven and Sinclair are not seen interacting during Season One. However, it is known that Raven and Sinclair are co-workers in the Mechanic/Engineering department.
In Spacewalker, during a flashback set a few months before the "Pilot", Sinclair surprises Raven with news that she got the job as a Zero G Mechanic, after he overrode the decision that banned her for health reasons.
In Ye Who Enter Here, Sinclair has Raven assist with the power problem in Mount Weather before they are called off. They are told by Pike they will need Mount Weather's missiles as retaliation if the grounders attack but Sinclair says they don't have the launch codes. Raven states that she can help find them. They go to the command center and try to find the launch codes but are unsuccessful. Raven is on the verge of giving up before Sinclair reassures her that she can do it and tells her she should take a chance on herself, just as he did when he overruled her Zero G certification back on the Ark. With a new boost of confidence, Raven searches for the launch codes before they are radioed by Gina saying and Ice Nation assassin has entered the self-destruct code for Mount Weather. Raven and Sinclair chase the assassin out of the mountain and the assassin knocks down Sinclair and holds a knife over him but Raven is able to kill him before he can harm Sinclair. Raven tries to contact Gina who is already dead to have her deactivate the self-destruct sequence and goes towards the mountain since she can't just let everyone die, but Sinclair pulls her back as the mountain detonates, killing everyone inside. Raven then radios Bellamy and tells him she is Sinclair are the only one's left.
In Nevermore, Sinclair is worried about Raven and tries everything to save her. Sinclair is able to complete the EMP that frees Raven from A.L.I.E., but worries that doing so will destroy Raven's mind and tells Clarke that Raven is all that he has left.
- Raven Reyes: "What's wrong?"
- Jacapo Sinclair: "What's wrong? I didn't die so you could kill yourself."
- Raven Reyes: "I'm not killing myself. I'm -- I'm dying. There's a difference."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "The Raven Reyes I know doesn't quit. She keeps fighting."
- Raven Reyes: "What's happening to my brain isn't something you can fight."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "How do you know? Have you tried? Before you junk this beautiful mind on a whim, let's say we look under the hood first? Kick the tires. I'm guessing there's still a few good miles in there."
- Raven Reyes: "Ok."
- — in The Other Side
- Raven Reyes: "Using an electromagnetic pulse to get A.L.I.E. out of my head was like shutting down a computer by pulling the plug."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "Part of the code is still in your head."
- Raven Reyes: "Exactly, which is why I'm Super Raven. And about to be super dead."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "Unless we can purge the code, stop the damage from getting worse, give your brain time to repair itself. How would you do it to a computer?"
- Raven Reyes: "Purge the residual code? Simple. Just reboot it."
- Becca Franco: "The human brain is not a computer."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "No kidding. That's why your code is killing her. Now listen to me. You'd have to stop your heart long enough for all electrical activity in your brain to stop, too."
- Becca Franco: "15 minutes. She'll be brain dead long before she can get her heart started again."
- Raven Reyes: "Not if I was frozen. Well, not frozen. But just really damn cold."
- Becca Franco: "Raven, the suit is ready. It's T-minus now and counting. Let's go for a walk in the stars."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "She's not going to space to die. She's going in the bunker to live."
- Becca Franco: "Even if this idea doesn't kill you, you will just be normal again."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "She was never normal."
- Becca Franco: "Maybe not, but with me in her brain, she's Da Vinci, Einstein, Mozart."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "And I choose Raven Reyes over those 3 hacks any day and twice on Sunday."
- Becca Franco: "Enough. Raven, what makes you think that the future will be any different than the past? Even if you live, the pain will still be with you."
- Raven Reyes: "I don't choose pain. I choose life. Let's get to work."
- — in The Other Side
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Raven and Sinclair have been co-workers long before the "Pilot."
- Sinclair is a father figure and mentor to Raven. Lindsey Morgan speculates that Sinclair is Raven's dad.
- Raven and Sinclair were the only two people who survived the explosion in Mount Weather caused by the Ice Nation and Carl Emerson.
- In "Nevermore," Sinclair mentions that Raven is all he have left.
- Sinclair appears in "The Other Side" as a hallucination to Raven and he persuades her to "choose life" instead of going into space to die.