Episode Recap: Praimfaya
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the event.|
|“||Raven: She saved us again. Think we can do this without her?||”|
|— Raven and Bellamy about Clarke|
It's a race against the end of the world as Praimfaya arrives forcing our heroes to make impossible decisions to ensure their survival.
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin (credit only)
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha (credit only)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane (credit only)
- Monty Green: "8 people alone in space for 5 years, and one of them's John Murphy. I should have drank the tea."
- Clarke Griffin: "If anything happens to me...."
- Bellamy Blake: "Nothing is happening to you."
- Clarke Griffin: "Please, Bellamy, I need you to hear this. We've been through a lot together, you and I. I didn't like you at first. That's no secret. But even then, every stupid thing you did, was to protect your sister. She didn't always see that, but I did."
- Clarke Griffin: "You've got such a big heart, Bellamy. People follow you. You inspire them because of this. (points to his heart) But the only way to make sure we survive, is if you use this too." (points to his head)
- Bellamy Blake: "I've got you for that."
- John Murphy: "Of course he gets the hug."
- Monty Green: "You chose the machine?"
- John Murphy: "Yeah. I did. It's back at the lab which is where we need to --" (Monty suddenly hugs Murphy)
- Monty Green: "I may not hate you anymore." (Murphy smiles)
- Bellamy Blake: "Give it time. Come on. Hurry up. Let's go."
- Bellamy Blake: "We die. I left her behind, and we all die anyways."
- Raven Reyes: "She saved us again. Think we can do this without her?"
- Bellamy Blake: "If we don't, she died in vain, and I'm not going to let that happen."
- Clarke Griffin: "Here we go again. Bellamy, if you can hear me, you're alive. It's been 2,199 days since Priamfaya. I don't know why I still do this every day. Maybe it's my waay of staying sane, not forgetting who I am... Who I was. It's been safe for you to come down for over a year now. Why haven't you? The bunker's gone silent, too. We tried digging them out for awhile, but, there was too much rubble. I haven't made contact with them, either. Anyway, I still have hope. Tell Raven to aim for the one spot of green, and you'll find me. The rest of the planet, from what I've seen, basically sucks, so --
Notes and Trivia
- The episode name is based on the extinction event called Praimfaya by the Grounders.
- The episode ends six years and seven days (2,199 days) after Praimfaya.
- Clarke Griffin and Madi are revealed to have been living with each other and they still have the Rover. Clarke's Nightblood is also confirmed to have worked in the end.
- The empty bottle, "The Baton", that is seen on the Ark is a link to Jaha in the first season finale.
- This episode marks the first of several events:
- The first finale without any on-screen deaths.
- The first finale not to feature Abigail Griffin, Marcus Kane and Thelonious Jaha.
- The first finale not to have Clarke pull a lever or kill switch.
- The first time John Murphy and Monty Green have an on-screen interaction/conversation.
- The first time Echo and Emori have interacted with each other.
- The first time Emori does not wear her bandana.
- The first time Grounders (Echo and Emori) experience zero gravity and go into space.
- The first finale which name does not end with "(Part 2)"
- Everyone who was left outside the Second Dawn Bunker, or who couldn't find sufficient enough shelter.
Behind the Scenes
- Lindsey Morgan stated in an interview that this episode was going to be stressful.
- She said "It's quite a ride. It doesn't stop from beginning to the end… You're going to get really sweaty. It's a lot of stress."
- Jason Rothenberg stated in an interview with TVLine, in the scene when Monty's hands get burned, Christopher Larkin who plays Monty actually lost his other glove, but Christopher kept going on with the scene. Same as Richard Harmon who plays Murphy, they continued filming until they found Christopher another glove for the scene.
- Tasya Teles stated in an interview that the way Echo scrambled to Bellamy and ripped off his helmet to allow Bellamy to breathe, wasn't in the script. Tasya and Bob Morley brought the idea to Dean White who directed the episode, Dean thought it was a great idea. 
- According to the prop building crew, hazmat suits were the worst for the cast because the suits are uncomfortable and claustrophobic. The wearer can't see and can't talk.
- Raven's space suit was very heavy for Lindsey to wear.
- The press received screeners for this episode. Hypable published a spoiler light preview.
|I See You||The 100: Original Television Soundtrack - Season 4||Tree Adams|||
- THE 100 Season 4 DVD Release Details, Seat42F
- 'The 100' Season 4, Episode 13 Spoilers: "Praimfaya" – Clarke, Allies Prepare for Arrival of Praimfaya Signaling End of the World; Lindsey Morgan Teases Stressful Finale, EconoTimes
- The 100 Boss Explains Finale's 'Reboot' Ending, Introduces Clarke's [Spoiler] and Shares Major Season 5 Scoop, TVLine