|“||It's okay. She's friendly.||”|
|— Russell to Clarke about Picasso [src]|
Early life Edit
Picasso was born in Sanctum. She is either descendant of dogs brought to the new world on Eligius III or was herself an embryo brought by Eligius III. She is owned and cared for by Russell Lightbourne. After the overthrow of the Primes, Picasso is adopted by Clarke Griffin and Madi.
Throughout the Series Edit
Later at dinner, Russell feeds Picasso table food.
In From the Ashes, Picasso is adopted by Clarke and Madi to Madi's delight. Madi later plays with Picasso in the yard.
That night, Picasso is lying under a chair when there's an explosion. Looking up for a moment, Picasso lays her head back down again almost immediately, apparently unconcerned.
Russell Lightbourne mentions that she is a very friendly. She is seen to immediately run up to greet Clarke Griffin with her tail wagging. Picasso is also playful and enjoys playing fetch.
Physical Appearance Edit
Picasso is from a breed of Golden Retrievers. Her fur is long, straight, and gold in color. She has a trim build and roundish ears folded downward.
Russell owns Picasso and appears to deeply care for her. Picasso is eager for his attention and loves playing fetch with him.
When she first met Clarke, Picasso was friendly towards her. Later, Clarke now owns Picasso, who happily meets Madi Griffin, as the three of them form a friendship.
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Appears|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
Notes and Trivia Edit
- She is the first, and so far only dog to ever appear in The 100.
- She is the second named animal in the series, after Helios.
- Russell loves dogs and is disappointed that they did not survive the Nuclear Apocalypse, stating "I suppose I had hope for man's best friend.".
- This is despite a negative childhood incident: when Russell was a young boy on Earth, one of his family's dogs attacked him and his baby sister, resulting in her death two days later.
- Jason Rothenberg revealed the dog's name is "Picasso," though he was unsure if that was the name of the fictional dog, the real-life dog actor, or both. As he put it, "I can't remember if his name in the show is Picasso or if his real name is Picasso… we can say it is both." So far, no name has been stated in the episodes.
- One of the writers says that Picasso is their favorite character.
- Picasso returned in Season Seven.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/1128514281643757568
- ↑ https://www.tvfanatic.com/gallery/clarke-and-picasso-the-100-s6e3/
- ↑ https://www.tvfanatic.com/2019/04/the-100-season-6-jason-rothenberg-previews-the-new-planets-inspi/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100writers/status/1138625551978024960
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100S7/status/1170612844158771200
- ↑ https://twitter.com/theafictionados/status/1221615656346378240