|“||You're gonna burn like your friend.||”|
|— Penn to John Murphy [src]|
Throughout the Series
Penn is shown to be strong and brave and this is supported when he helps fight off the Reapers in "Reapercussions". He also isn't afraid to speak his mind and this is shown when he questions Indra's plan to attack the Reapers. He can also be aggressive and this is shown when he picks a fight with John Murphy in "Survival of the Fittest".
Years later, he's shown to be one of the Wonkru members who remains unquestioningly loyal to Indra even with the resurrection of the Dark Commander and he's trusted by Indra without question, though she doesn't inform him of Sheidheda's resurrection. Notably, he doesn't kneel when the Dark Commander's resurrection is revealed and remains loyal to Indra, only working for Sheidheda because Indra told him to. His distrust of the Sky People also appears to have diminished as Penn trusted Eric Jackson enough to immediately lower his gun when Jackson identified Gabriel Santiago as not being a threat. Additionally, while he blocks Murphy's entry into the Great Hall because Indra told him not to let anyone in, it's without much of the previous hostility that he had shown towards the young man.
Penn has brown eyes, short brown hair that is mostly shaved, and brown skin. He is tall with a muscular build. Unlike most Grounders, Penn has no visible tattoos, but he has two scars on his face.
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Absent|
|Long Into an Abyss||Absent|
|Survival of the Fittest||Appears|
|Coup de Grâce||Absent|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
|A Little Sacrifice||Appears|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Absent|
|The Dying of the Light||Absent|
|The Last War||Appears|
Notes and Trivia
- Penn used a bow and arrow as his weapon on Earth. He showed interest in using a gun, but was stopped by Indra.
- He and John Murphy start a fight between the Sky People and Grounders in "Survival of the Fittest".
- Penn's name came from Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C.
- Penn returns in Season Seven after having been absent since Season Two, meaning that he survived 6 years in the Second Dawn Bunker and the Second Nuclear Apocalypse.
- Penn, Indra, Echo, and Emori are the only characters introduced in Season Two that are known to be still alive.
- Of that group, only Penn remains transcended.
Note: The picture goes in episode order. To see the order of the episodes please visit Episode Guide.