|“||Somehow we allowed justice to become vengeance and vengeance to become sport, and I allowed that, that darkness to rise... But my complicity ends today.||”|
|— Kane to Octavia in the pit fight|
Pandora's Box is the fourth episode of the fifth season of The 100. It is the sixty-second episode of the series overall.
HELP - Our Heroes are forced to rely on the help of Shallow Valley's dangerous new inhabitants in order to save some of their own, with surprising results.
Guest Starring Edit
- Sean Owen Roberts as Wayne Szybunka
- Seth Whittaker as Kane's Opponent
- Julia Dominczak as Anthem Singer
- John Murphy (to Raven Reyes): "Thought maybe I was doing it to impress Emori, but the more I think about it, I mean, why do you always have to be the one to sacrifice?"
- Octavia Blake: "You could have walked away with your freedom yesterday. You had the crowd on your side, but you lost them when you showed weakness. I know you didn't steal the medicine, Kane. Admit it. Tell me who took it, and I'll let you go. Only the guilty should fight in the arena."
- Marcus Kane: "We're all guilty."
- Octavia Blake: "I'm not here for a philosophy lesson, Kane. I'm here to give you a second chance."
- Marcus Kane: "And I'm offering you the same. You kept us together, Octavia. It's true. Wonkru's strong. We could have torn ourselves apart during the dark year."
- Octavia Blake: "One more word about the dark year, and I will put you in the arena, even if you tell the truth. You know the law."
- Marcus Kane: "I won't fight."
- Octavia Blake: "Then you die."
- Marcus Kane: "You lost your way. We all have. I've been quiet too long. You think the arena delivers justice?"
- Octavia Blake: "I know it does."
- Marcus Kane: "Your mother... your mother was floated for having a second child, for having you. I was party to that and so much more. We have a chance to do something better here. We're throwing it away. Octavia, please. Strength without mercy is nothing. It's nothing, but you can end it. You can save us. It's not too late."
- Octavia Blake: "Tell me who stole the medicine, Kane."
- Octavia Blake: "So be it."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- "Pandora's Box" is an object from Greek mythology given to Pandora, the first woman, as a gift which she was never to open. Out of curiosity, she ends up opening it, releasing the contents of war, pain, suffering, disease, and every other bad thing into the world. When she finally closes the box, 'Hope' is the last thing remaining. This could say that humanity never got hope, or that it is the last thing humanity has left.
- This episode is Bob Morley's 60th episode.
- John Murphy and Raven Reyes find out that Clarke Griffin is alive, and reunite over the radio.
- Bellamy Blake and Octavia Blake are reunited after six years.
- Octavia and Clarke are reunited after six years.
- Abby Griffin is reunited with Clarke after six years. Marcus Kane also reunited with Clarke and Bellamy
- Bellamy and Nathan Miller reunite after six years.
- Charmaine Diyoza breaks the deal and claims Shallow Valley as hers and flies off in the Gagarin to get reinforcements.
- Raven uncovers that Eligius IV is the fourth in a series of interstellar trips undertaken to a resource-rich asteroid. This is the first mention of a journey beyond the Sol system being undertaken by humanity.
- Monty Green, Harper McIntyre, Echo, Emori, and Madi Griffin did not appear. However, Bellamy told Clarke that they are safe and hiding in the woods so the prisoners won’t go looking for them as they were in control.
Body Count Edit
- Three members of Wonkru in the first round of the arena (one by Marcus Kane)
- A member of Wonkru (killed by Wayne Szybunka when he intervenes to protect Octavia)
- Wayne Szybunka (executed by Paxton McCreary)