|“||I deserve this throne. I was raised for it. Snatched from my parents by the Queen of Azgeda. I suffered her cruelty. I won the Conclave. The Ambassadors don't get to judge me, and neither do you.||”|
|— to Murphy [src]|
Ontari was a Nightblood from the Ice Nation and after Lexa's death came to Polis in order to become the next Commander. However, she never won the conclave but simply killed all other Nightbloods while they were asleep. Moreover, she was missing the Flame that truly made someone a Commander.
Jaha managed to convince her to take the chip that allowed her to enter the City of Light and as a result of being controlled by A.L.I.E. she put it in all her people. When Clarke and the others were trying to put the Flame into her, A.L.I.E. told Jaha to kill her. The controlled Jaha then struck Ontari in the head, which rendered her brain dead.
She later dies after her body was being used as part of a blood transfusion directly with her heart to allow Clarke to accept the Flame.
Early Life Edit
Ontari was born a Nightblood. When she was a child, Ontari was taken from her family by Queen Nia of Azgeda. While growing up, Ontari suffers from Nia's cruelty, which possibly led to her being loyal to her, thus making Ontari more brutal and ruthless.
Throughout the Series Edit
Ontari is ruthless and hostile toward her enemies, but also has a soft spot for some people, such as Murphy.
Physical Appearance Edit
Ontari is small and average size, with long brown hair, brown eyes and scars on her face.
Ontari was very protective of Nia and was deeply affected by her queen's death. She jumped on Clarke, putting a knife to her throat when she saw her, blaming her for Nia's death. In Fallen, Ontari says that she suffered from Nia's cruelty while growing up, which possibly led to her being loyal to Nia.
Roan was Ontari's King. She didn't agree on his ways of handling things and had always planned to become Heda so that he will bow to her and obey her orders.
Ontari strongly disliked Lexa since she was the one who killed Nia. Shortly after Lexa's death, Ontari did not waste any time in claiming her throne, wanting to become the next Heda.
- Main article: Murphy and Ontari
Murphy and Ontari have a complicated sexual and abusive relationship. Upon meeting for the first time, Ontari verbally and physically abuses Murphy. Despite the abuse, they both flirt with each other. Ontari doesn't mind being naked in front of Murphy, and Murphy doesn't bother to look away. In Fallen, Murphy proposes to be Ontari's "fake flamekeeper" to her "fake commander". Reluctant at first, Ontari accepts his advice. Later that episode, Ontari chains Murphy while she undresses in front of him. She then proposes for them to have sex to which Murphy refuses, telling her about Emori. Ontari asks him if Emori would kill him for cheating on her and threatens his life. Murphy ends up giving in while murmuring: "The things I do to survive".
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Absent|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Mentioned|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Absent|
|The Other Side||Absent|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
- John Murphy: "I'm guessing to know all the names of the dead Commanders you actually have to be one."
- Ontari: "You're guessing? The Ambassadors are expecting me. I'll have to kill them all now."
- John Murphy: "Seems a bit excessive."
- Ontari: "I deserve this throne. I was raised for it. Snatched from my parents by the Queen of Azgeda. I suffered her cruelty. I won the Conclave. The Ambassadors don't get to judge me, and neither do you."
- -- Fallen
Killed Victims Edit
- Seven Nightbloods
- Titus (indirectly; ordered Roan to put a knife to his throat)
- Herself (indirectly; allowing Jaha killing her while under control of A.L.I.E.)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Ontari was a Nightblood trained by the Ice Nation.
- Ontari's name originates from Ontario, a lake and a Canadian province within Azgeda territory.
- Ontari was snatched from her parents by Nia upon learning that she was a Nightblood.
- After Lexa's death, Ontari killed all the Nightblood children who trained in Polis. That left her and Luna as the only two known Nightbloods at the time.
- In the episode Perverse Instantiation (Part 1), Ontari became brain dead after a severe blow to the head by Jaha while under A.L.I.E.'s influence. In Perverse Instantiation (Part 2), her heart gave out, leaving Luna as the only known living Nightblood until her death in Die All, Die Merrily. Currently, there are at least seven known.