|“||Jasper, a warrior doesn't worry about what he can't control.||”|
|— Octavia to Jasper [src]|
While attending a Masquerade dance on the Ark, Jasper was instantly smitten when he saw Octavia for the first time. Although they did not interact, Jasper admired her from afar. After the dropship lands on Earth, Jasper displays a genuine affection for Octavia. His attraction and love for her continues to grow throughout Season One.
On Earth, the two grow closer after Jasper saves Octavia from a sea serpent. After a failed attempt to contact the Ark, Octavia calls Jasper brave. This earns him a single kiss from Octavia. Jasper, while under the effects of the Jobi Nuts, confesses his love for Octavia, who does not return his feelings.
Even though Octavia is not in love with Jasper, she still considers him her friend. Jasper still harbored feelings for Octavia and was "holding out" for her. Their relationship grows strained when Jasper potentially ruins peace with the Grounders.
Once Jasper is taken by the Mountain Men, he starts to fall in love with Maya Vie. When Jasper and Octavia are reunited in Mount Weather, Octavia helps Jasper and Maya fight against the Mountain Men. When Clarke, Bellamy, and Monty irradiate Level 5, Octavia holds Maya as she is dying from radiation exposure until Jasper arrives.
Early Life Edit
Jasper first saw Octavia during a masquerade dance on the Ark. The two did not interact but Jasper was instantly smitten. Although he never talked to her, Jasper admired her from afar, asking his friend who she was. His friend replied she was just another girl who would not notice them.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2), Octavia and Jasper finally reunite after being separated from each other in Mount Weather. Octavia, Jasper, and Maya Vie work together to free the remaining Delinquents trapped in Mount Weather. When a guard, Lee, is hesitant about Octavia, Jasper defends her saying she is one of us even though Octavia tells them she is not. When Clarke and the others are left with no choice but to irradiate level 5, Octavia holds onto Maya as she's dying until Jasper arrives.
In Wanheda (Part 1), Jasper, Octavia, Miller, Bellamy, Monty, and Raven go on a tracking mission to sector seven. However, they find the signal of a tracking beacon from the Ark and drive to the sector eight border. There, they encounter three Ice Nation Scouts one who has the beacon and Jasper immediately goes towards it. The Ice Nation Scout demands that they give him the location of Wanheda. He puts a knife to Jasper's throat and cuts it. Miller, Monty, and Raven then shoot the scouts and Octavia throws a knife towards the one attacking Jasper killing him.
In Wanheda (Part 2), Jasper accompanies Abby, Lincoln, Nyko, and Octavia to Mount Weather. He goes into the Art Warehouse and begins destroying things as he is still distraught over Maya's death. Octavia enters and comforts him and tells him that it will get better.
In Demons, Octavia and Jasper along with the others return to Arkadia in order to retrieve Lincoln's journal. Octavia goes to find it and Jasper follows. When she does she pages through it and begins breaking down over Lincoln's death. Jasper reminds her of what she told him, "it gets better", but Octavia says their situations are not the same and says that a warrior doesn't mourn her losses until the war is over.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Jasper Jordan first saw Octavia Blake while at a masked dance.
- Octavia protected Jasper from Murphy by repeatedly kicking him when he tried to come through the hatch.
- Octavia rewards Jasper for his bravery in Murphy's Law by giving him a kiss.
- While under the effects of Jobi Nuts, Jasper tells Octavia he loves her in Day Trip.
- Octavia hugs Jasper and is happy to see that he is alive in Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2).
- Octavia is with Jasper when Maya Vie dies and is shown to be saddened by her death. Later on, Octavia is shown to be comforting Jasper on multiple occasions.
- After Lincoln's death, Jasper tried to comfort Octavia by telling him what she told him while he was grieving Maya. Octavia rejected his attempt to console her by saying that her situation isn't the same as his was.
- Octavia and Jasper have no on-screen interactions in Season Four. It is unconfirmed if Octavia is aware of his death. However, since Spacekru was able to communicate with the bunker before the death wave hit, such information could have been relayed.