|“||Indra: You are my people. Yu laik ai kru.||”|
|— Indra to Octavia in Die All, Die Merrily|
Indra seems very distrustful of Octavia after Octavia takes their only healer, Nyko, hostage and forced her to give back Lincoln in Inclement Weather. She orders Octavia to be killed in Reapercussions but Octavia manages to escape. Later, Indra allows Octavia to follow her and her fellow Grounders and be the bait for the Reapers. At one point during the battle with the Reapers, Octavia saves Indra's life. Afterward, Indra allows Octavia to live because she has proved herself well.
In Survival of the Fittest, Octavia fights with one of Indra's warriors, Fio. In this fight, Indra sees a "strength of spirit" in Octavia and asks Octavia to be her Second. Octavia agrees and follows Indra everywhere, taking orders from her and being trained to become a warrior. When Indra is injured in Resurrection, she tells Octavia it is her duty to take command of the other Seconds in Tondc and get them to follow her. In Bodyguard of Lies, when Clarke Griffin tries to reassign Octavia to the rear guard, Octavia tells her that she only takes orders from Indra. In Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1), Indra is proud of Octavia when she helps lead them through the Reaper mines and to Mount Weather and tells her she is now one of them. When Octavia refuses to leave after the retreat is heard, Indra cuts Octavia and tells her she is no longer her Second. Later, however, in Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2), Indra provides Lincoln with a knife so that he can escape and find Octavia.
In Season Five, Indra acts as Octavia's trusted councilor in the Second Dawn Bunker, but doesn't agree with Octavia's more bloodthirsty methods, ultimately betraying her in an attempt to stop the coming war. Indra explains that her loyalty and care was for the Octavia that was once her Second, Okteivia kom Skaikru, not Blodreina.
In Season Seven, Indra admits that she feels equally guilty for what occurred in the bunker and shows no ill will towards a remorseful Octavia for her actions.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Ye Who Enter Here, Octavia runs into Indra at the summit and Indra returns her sword to her asking if she's kept up with her training.
In Thirteen, Octavia finds a crippled Indra and Polis and confronts her. Indra admits she is weak as even someone as weak as Octavia is able to defeat her in a fight. Octavia gives Indra and pep-talk and they are seen leaving Polis.
In Stealing Fire, Octavia and Indra imprison Bellamy in Lincoln's cave while Octavia assists with the prison break. When the horn signaling a new commander has risen is heard Indra leaves and Bellamy says that Octavia hopefully we will get that "[Indra] will always put [her] people first," but Indra responds that "Octavia is [her] people."
In Perverse Instantiation (Part 1), Indra and Octavia are reunited when Indra, Pike, and Murphy save Bellamy, Octavia, Miller, and Bryan from the chipped grounders. At first, Octavia expresses disgust towards Indra working with Pike but Indra tells her the only way they will survive is by working together. Octavia tells Indra that Pike killed Lincoln and Lincoln was her home but Indra tells her that her home is in her heart instead.
Later, Indra emerges from the bunker and banters with Octavia, calling herself Octavia's best teacher. Indra states that for her, its only been days since she saw Octavia but for Octavia it has been ten years and another planet. Indra knows that Octavia hasn't been able to forgive herself for her actions and states that she feels equally responsible as they were all Blodreina. Indra convinces Octavia to come back inside so that they can all face her demons together.
- Octavia: "Why are you looking at me like that?"
- Indra: "Because I know what you're thinking."
- Octavia (about Pike): "Why is he still alive?"
- Indra: "Because the dead can't help us."
- Octavia (about Lincoln): "He was my home."
- Indra (points to Octavia's heart): "Your home is here."
- -- Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)
- Indra: "When you destroyed the City of Light, there were a thousand Azgeda warriors inside the city of Polis."
- Octavia: "Good timing."
- -- Echoes
- Indra: "Don't fight with aggression. Don't reveal your next move before you strike."
- Octavia: "And never leave myself exposed. I remember."
- Indra: "It's okay to be afraid."
- Octavia: "I'm not."
- (Indra pulls out her blade)
- Indra: "Gaia would never accept this...but I hope that you will."
- Octavia: "Why are you helping me? If I win, that would mean the end of your people."
- Indra: (in Trigedasleng) "You are my people. (Indra gives Octavia her blade; Indra holds out her hand, Octavia takes it and they hug) I taught you to fight, but who you fight for is up to you."
- -- Die All, Die Merrily
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Octavia saves Indra's life in Reapercussions.
- Indra makes Octavia her Second in Survival of the Fittest.
- Indra tells Octavia she is no longer her Second in Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1).
- It is clear that Indra trusts Octavia as she calls Octavia "her people."
- In "Shifting Sands", Indra told Octavia that she loves her, and she asks Octavia if that makes her weak, to which Octavia responds, "no".
- They did not interact at all in Season Six and have yet to interact in Season Seven.