|“||We're not so different after all.||”|
|— Niylah to Monty as Octavia prepares to kill Ilian [src]|
Niylah is a Grounder who ran a trading post with her father. She secretly traded supplies with Clarke during her self-exile, and later helped her escape the Ice Nation bounty hunters. After A.L.I.E.'s defeat she left the trading post and moved to Arkadia.
Her people, Trikru, viewed her as a traitor because she lived with the Sky People. She remains as an emotional support to Clarke in Season 4. She is saved by Octavia before the Second Culling and becomes deeply loyal to her during the six years in the bunker.
In Season 5, Niylah is shown to be deeply loyal to Wonkru. When she finds out that Madi is born a Nightblood, she intends to tell Octavia, but gives Clarke one day to tell Octavia herself and goes up into space on Eligius IV.
Niylah was born on Earth. She grew up with both her parents. However, at some point, her mother was captured and taken to Mount Weather as part of the Harvest Project leaving her with just her father. Niylah and her father are also members of Trikru.
Niylah ran a trading post with her father in the Trikru area near the Ice Nation border, known as Sector 7 by Arkadia. At one point they acquired one of the Delinquents' monitoring wristbands.
Throughout the Series
In We Will Rise, she is seen after sleeping with Clarke. She insists that Clarke rest but Clarke says she needs to help bring the Hydrazine to Becca's Island for her mom and Raven. Niylah tells Clarke that Lexa would be proud of her and Clarke asks that she remain in Arkadia so she will be given nightblood once it's made.
In God Complex, she performs a grounder ceremony for those that died in the black rain.
In The Other Side, she is in the bunker sleeping quarters when Clarke walks in and they rest together.
In The Chosen, she is viewed as a traitor by Trikru because she was living with Skaikru, but most of the Sky People do not want her either and Geoff Hardy attempts to throw her outside when Octavia arrives stopping them and saves Niylah's life.
In a flashback in Red Queen, 46 days after Praimfaya, she comes to Thelonious Jaha in the bunks as he is finishing reading a story to Ethan Hardy, and asks him to help her fix the wheel on her cart. As Thelonious finishes Grounders barge in, Thelonious orders Niylah and Ethan to hide under a bed. The grounders then attack Thelonious.
In Damocles (Part 1), she is helping tend to the wounded and dead.
Niylah is an observant and compassionate individual who falls for Clarke while she's on the run. She is also shown to not liking wars and conflicts, unlike most Grounders. While she has always been an outsider among her people, after her time in the Second Dawn Bunker she has become fanatically loyal to Wonkru and refuses to keep the fact Madi was born a Nightblood a secret from Octavia.
Niylah is of average female height and has long blonde hair that she keeps in a braid. She has hazel green eyes and has a black tattoo across her spine.
- Main article: Clarke and Niylah
Niylah met Clarke when Clarke was hiding in Sector 7 after the fall of Mount Weather. Clarke waited for Niylah's father to leave every time before she brings Niylah her kills to trade for supplies. Niylah knows who Clarke is but keeps it a secret and protects her from Roan and other bounty hunters by lying about her whereabouts. Niylah helps treat Clarke's injuries. Later, that night they become intimate but, Clarke leaves her during the night.
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Appears|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Absent|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Mentioned|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Appears|
|We Will Rise||Appears|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Absent|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
- Niylah (to Clarke): "You killed our greatest enemy. You wiped them out by yourself."
- -- in Wanheda (Part 1)
Notes and Trivia
- Jessica Harmon is the sister of Richard Harmon, who plays John Murphy.
- Niylah is one of the seven LGBTQ+ characters in The 100 canon; the other six characters are Clarke Griffin, Lexa, Costia, Bryan, Eric Jackson, and Nathan Miller.
- Niylah's father was a Trikru warrior and one of the sleeping warriors massacred by Charles Pike, Bellamy Blake, Hannah Green, and seven others.
- Niylah is Clarke's only lover to still be alive.
- During the first half of Season Four, she resided in Arkadia. She is the second Grounder to do so. The first was Lincoln.
- Since Roan died in Season 4, Niylah and Macallan are the only characters introduced in Season 3 to still be alive.
- So far, Niylah has never directly or indirectly killed anyone.
- Niylah is one of the friendly Grounders that presented on the show, she was kind to the Sky People, even though she was angry with them at one time when she found out that Bellamy was one of the Sky People that killed 300 Triku warriors including her father, but however, she later restored her relationship with them, possibly due to Pike's death and the incoming event of Praimfaya, although it is implied that she now understands how the Sky People felt.
- In Wanheda (Part 1), even though she viewed Clarke as a hero for killing the Mountain Men, Niylah was unaware that Clarke killed many families in Mount Weather, including women and children. Niylah did not even know that Clarke killed many innocent civilians that have children with them.