|“||We are who we choose to be. We don't owe anyone our pain.||”|
|— To Echo [src]|
Niylah is a Grounder who ran a trading post with her father. She is born to a Trikru father and an Azgeda mother. She secretly traded supplies with Clarke during her self-exile, and later helped her escape the Ice Nation bounty hunters. After A.L.I.E.'s defeat she left the trading post and moved to Arkadia.
Her people, Trikru, viewed her as a traitor because she lived with the Sky People. She remains as an emotional support to Clarke in Season Four. She is saved by Octavia before the Second Culling and becomes deeply loyal to her during the six years in the bunker.
In Season Five, Niylah is shown to be deeply loyal to Wonkru. When she finds out that Madi is born a Nightblood, she intends to tell Octavia, but gives Clarke one day to tell Octavia herself and goes up into space on Eligius IV.
In Season Seven, Niylah joins Clarke's team searching for their missing friends.
Early Life Edit
Niylah was born on Earth to an Azgeda mother and a Trikru father. She grew up as a member of Trikru with both her parents, though they had to live far out in the woods so that no one would see her mother's Azgeda scars. At some point, her mother was captured and taken to Mount Weather as part of the Harvest Project, leaving her with just her father.
Niylah ran a trading post with her father in the Trikru area near the Azgeda border, known as Sector 7 by Arkadia. At one point, they acquired one of the Delinquents' monitoring wristbands.
Throughout the Series Edit
In a flashback in Red Queen, 46 days after Praimfaya, she comes to Thelonious Jaha in the bunks as he is finishing reading a story to Ethan Hardy, and asks him to help her fix the wheel on her cart. As Thelonious finishes Grounders barge in, Thelonious orders Niylah and Ethan to hide under a bed. The grounders then attack Thelonious.
In Damocles (Part 1), she is helping tend to the wounded and dead.
In Sanctum, she is woken up from cryosleep after 125 years. She helps Abigail Griffin with Marcus Kane's surgery and is told wake up all of Skaikru except Octavia Blake to get their blood for a transfusion, however she rebels and wakes Octavia anyway.
In The Old Man and the Anomaly, she still awake onboard Eligius IV. When the Gagarin from Sanctum arrives, she prepares the Lab to perform surgery on Kane. She also helps Abby to bring Marcus out of cryosleep and move him on the operation table where they can wipe his mind on a Mind Drive.
In Adjustment Protocol, Niylah, Indra and a large armed group wait at the airlock when the Gagarin docks. Niylah is shocked to discover Gaia, Madi and Raven being held hostage by Russell Lightbourne, Simone in the host of Abby and Clarke posing as Josephine Lightbourne.
Niylah is an observant and compassionate individual who falls for Clarke while she's on the run. She is also shown to not liking wars and conflicts, unlike most Grounders. While she has always been an outsider among her people, after her time in the Second Dawn Bunker she has become fanatically loyal to Wonkru and refuses to keep the fact Madi was born a Nightblood a secret from Octavia.
Physical Appearance Edit
Niylah is of average female height and has long blonde hair that she keeps in a braid. She has hazel green eyes and has a black tattoo across her spine.
- Main article: Clarke and Niylah
Niylah met Clarke when Clarke was hiding in Sector 7 after the fall of Mount Weather. Clarke waited for Niylah's father to leave every time before she brings Niylah her kills to trade for supplies. Niylah knows who Clarke is but keeps it a secret and protects her from Roan and other bounty hunters by lying about her whereabouts. Niylah helps treat Clarke's injuries. Later, that night they become intimate but, Clarke leaves her during the night.
Subsequently, the two remain close friends but do not pursue a romantic relationship.
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Appears|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Absent|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Mentioned|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Appears|
|We Will Rise||Appears|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Absent|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Appears|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
|From the Ashes||Appears|
|Welcome to Bardo||Mentioned|
|The Queen's Gambit||Appears|
|A Little Sacrifice||Appears|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Appears|
|The Dying of the Light||Absent|
|The Last War||TBD|
- Niylah (to Clarke): "You killed our greatest enemy. You wiped them out by yourself."
- -- in Wanheda (Part 1)
Killed Victims Edit
- Eleven Sky People (indirectly; helped make Jobi tea for drug overdose)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Jessica Harmon is the sister of Richard Harmon, who plays John Murphy.
- Niylah was named for Queen Nia
- Niylah is one of the nine LGBTQ+ characters in The 100 canon; the other eight characters are Clarke, Lexa, Costia, Bryan, Jackson, Nathan Miller, Zev, and Daniel Lee.
- Niylah's father was a Trikru warrior and one of the sleeping warriors massacred by Charles Pike, Bellamy Blake, Hannah Green, and seven others.
- Niylah's mother was Azgeda
- Niylah is Clarke's only lover to still be alive.
- During the first half of Season Four, she resided in Arkadia. She is the second Grounder to do so. The first was Lincoln.
- Since Roan died in Season 4, Niylah and Macallan are the only characters introduced in Season 3 to still be alive.
- So far, Niylah has never directly killed anyone.
- Niylah is one of the friendly Grounders that presented on the show, she was kind to the Sky People, even though she was angry with them at one time when she found out that Bellamy was one of the Sky People that killed 300 Triku warriors including her father, but however, she later restored her relationship with them, possibly due to Pike's death and the incoming event of Praimfaya, although it is implied that she now understands how the Sky People felt.
- In "Wanheda (Part 1)," even though she viewed Clarke as a hero for killing the Mountain Men, Niylah was unaware that Clarke had killed many families in Mount Weather, including children.
- Skaikru used Clarke's list to determine who gets a spot within the Second Dawn Bunker. Niylah was one of at least seven people to get a Skaikru spot but who were not on Clarke's list. At least three people on Clarke's list did not make it to the bunker.
- Niylah worked as a medical assistant at Arkadia in season four and in season six onboard Eligius IV. It is possible that she also helped in medical in the Second Dawn Bunker during the six years.
- Jessica Harmon said that she was only expected that Niylah would be only in 2 episodes. But she stayed on the show longer.
- Jessica Harmon has stated that, not really having concidered much of a personality for Niylah since she had been supposed to only appear in a few episodes, the writers took inspiration from the actress's personality. 
|To edit this gallery, go to Niylah/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.