|"Miller" redirects here. For Nathan's father, see David Miller.|
|“||I'm not asking you to follow me, I'm asking you to follow Octavia.||”|
|— Miller to Wonkru. [src]|
While on Earth, Miller is one of Bellamy Blake's most trusted Gunners, serving as his lieutenant. Throughout Season Two, he develops a friendship with Monty Green and Harper and relationships with Jasper Jordan and Maya as they team up to find a way out of Mount Weather.
In season three, he sides with Kane against Pike during the Arkadian Civil War. He helps sneak medical supplies to Lincoln and the interned Grounders when they are imprisoned. Later, Miller plays a key role in the War Against A.L.I.E., participating in the final battle in Polis.
In season four, he spends most of the time in Becca's Lab as a guard, while others are trying to find a solution for Nightblood. He and Eric Jackson begin a relationship during season four. At the end of the season he is one of the chosen 100 people to stay inside of the Bunker, however his dad wasn't on the list, so he dies outside.
In season six, Miller becomes one of the first people to travel to Sanctum and participates in the growing conflict there with the Primes. Miller's skills as a thief enable him and Gaia to escape captivity and rescue Echo from being mind wiped as well as getting the notebook they need to save Madi from Sheidheda. During the Adjustment Protocol, Miller is dosed with the potent Blood of Sanctum in an effort to brainwash him into following the Primes, but is rescued by John Murphy and Emori. At the end of the conflict, after the effects of the toxin wear off, Miller is reunited with Jackson.
Early life Edit
Miller was born on the Ark and raised on Alpha Station by his father sergeant David Miller, chief of the guard. Not much is known about their relationship but that David cares about and is concerned for Miller.
Sometime while living on the Ark, Miller was arrested and sent to juvenile lockup for theft. Miller had a boyfriend named Bryan whom he had known since his time on the Ark, but they were separated once Miller was locked up and the 100 sent to the ground.
Throughout the Series Edit
Although initially a background character, Miller appears to be loyal to Bellamy, following his commands and listening to him. At first, he's disdainful of the Grounders and for much of his appearances in season one, he is shown on look out for any trespassers. Bellamy notes in "Day Trip" that the other delinquents listen to him, implying that he has some leadership abilities.
Later, inside Mount Weather, he is shown to be very outspoken and quick-witted, unafraid to speak his mind and bluntly shares his opinions. During this time, he steps up from his previous minor role in the series and, albeit with some reluctance, works together with Monty, Jasper, Harper and Maya to find an exit and reunite with the Ark survivors.
In Season Three, Miller appears to have matured and become more responsible since joining the Guard. His hatred towards the Grounders also appears to have eroded as he is now friendly towards them. Season Five illustrates Miller's tendency to be loyal to a fault, as he continues to be loyal to Octavia/Blodreina. Season Six shows Miller struggling with some of the actions he took inside the bunker.
Physical Appearance Edit
Miller is a black male with dark brown eyes and a buzz cut. He has a strong build is often seen throughout the entirety of season one in his signature black beanie. In Season Two, Miller has grown out facial hair, and due to Mount Weather's strict policies, no longer wears his beanie.
In Season 5, after the six year jump, he has a shaved head and a full beard. Season 6 shows Miller with closely cropped hair and neatly-trimmed facial hair.
Bellamy and Miller are friends. Miller is one of Bellamy's assistants and probably his second after the Murphy drama. He is also loyal toward Bellamy and holds high respect for him. Miller follows Bellamy's orders and Bellamy trusts him. During the battle in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)", a grounder pounces onto Bellamy and Miller shouts his name but is injured before he could help. After being separated, Miller is finally reunited with Bellamy in "Resurrection" and seems relieved to see him again. They were estranged during Season 5, but reconciled at the start of Season 6.
- Main article: Monty and Miller
- "Hey, you're a great thief."
- - Monty to Miller[src]
After teaming up to find a way out of Mount Weather, Miller and Monty grow closer as friends. They are often shown together in scenes, and often direct most of their lines to one another. Monty compliments Miller in "Long Into an Abyss", assuring him that he is a great thief to which Miller chuckles softly. In "Remember Me", they play a card game together before being joined by Jasper and Maya to find out where Harper is. Later that episode, he is shown to be upset when Monty goes missing, implying he's concerned for the other. He later stands beside Monty as they prepare to fight back against Dr. Lorelei Tsing and the Mount Weather guards in "Rubicon". And in "Resurrection", he assists Monty with the trash shoot.
- "Miller realizes what a dick he is."
- - Jasper in reply to Monty's question, "What happens in 5 seconds?"[src]
Miller is shown to hold some sort of resentment towards Jasper, making snide remarks toward him and Maya and being open about his dislike for the way Jasper does things. Despite this, he continues to work alongside Jasper, and although he doesn't trust Jasper's new friend, Maya, he seems to have a sort of trust in Jasper. In "Resurrection", he appears to have softened up to Jasper, consoling him when he becomes devastated that Fox is dragged off by the guards.
- "Look, you don't have to like me, Miller. Hey, you can blame me all you want for what my people are doing, but I'm trying to make things right."
- - Maya to Miller when he accuses of her of changing her mind.[src]
Miller appears to have a strong distrust and dislike for Maya, implying he holds her up with the other Mount Weather staff trying to kill the 47. She continues to help the group find a way out, although Miller doesn't hold back his animosity, often accusing her of working for the other team. However, in "Resurrection", he assists Monty in trying to rescue Maya from the radiation leak, even making a comment to Monty that almost isn't good enough as Maya is running out of time, hinting that he may not hold much resentment towards her anymore.
- Main article: Nathan and David
Nathan appears to have a strong connection to his father, David Miller. His father is shown to be willing to break the law for his son, as he agrees to help Abby. They are later united in Mount Weather. They share a bravery in times of battle, shown in the season one and season two finale as a parallel between them both.
- Main article: Nathan and Bryan
Bryan is Miller's ex-boyfriend, whom he was dating on the Ark. The two were separated when Miller was locked up in the Sky Box and then the Delinquents were sent to the ground. The two reunite on Earth when Farm Station survivors join Arkadia. They break up early in Season 4.
- Main article: Nathan and Eric
Eric Jackson is Miller's boyfriend. They first got together during season 4 and are still together as of the end of season 6.
Brell and Miller are both rivals, causing a feud between the two in Season 5.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Absent|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Appears|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Appears|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Appears|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Appears|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Appears|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
- Numerous Grounders (shot during the Trikru-Delinquint Conflict)
- A Mount Weather Guard (strangled to save Vincent Vie)
- An Azgeda scout (shot to save Jasper Jordan)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Nathan Miller may be descended from The Grounder Raine Miller.
- His father was a member of the Guard.
- Miller was the one to tell Diggs' mom, John Mbege's dad, and Roma Bragg's parents about their children's deaths.
- When breaking into Dante's office, Jasper said Miller is a thief, revealing why he was locked up and sent to the ground.
- Kim Shumway, one of the writers for the show, stated that Miller was somehow involved in Monty and Jasper's grow room on the Ark. Shumway wants to write a flashback webisode showing this and said it would involve Miller being "surprisingly awesome". This confirms that Miller knew Monty and Jasper prior to show's events and was possibly friends with them.
- In "Ashes to Ashes," after stealing a Sanctum guard's knife, Miller comments that its "the best lift I've made since the Ark."
- Aaron Ginsburg, a producer/writer for the show, said that it is "safe to assume" that Miller knew Clarke on the Ark. They are the same age (making him about 17 or 18) and thus likely shared classes.
- Miller is one of the seven LGBT+ characters in the TV series; the other six are Clarke Griffin, Lexa, Costia, Niylah, Bryan, and Eric Jackson. He was the fourth character confirmed to be LGBT when it was revealed he has a boyfriend in "Wanheda (Part 1)". Series writer Kim Shumway confirmed he was gay.
- He has appeared in 56 episodes, making him the most frequently appearing recurring character and the first to hit this milestone.
- It was revealed at Unity Day 2018 that Miller was not supposed to stay on the show as long as he has. At the end of Season 2, Jarod Joseph, who plays Miller, was told that he would be sticking around and that there would be a big change to his character.
- Nathan and Raven Reyes are the only two characters who were introduced in Season One after "Pilot" who are known to be still alive.
|To edit this gallery, go to Nathan Miller/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
See Also Edit
- ↑ http://kimshum.tumblr.com/post/122181511331/hi-kim-i-was-wondering-if-you-might-be-able-to
- ↑ http://aaronginsburg.tumblr.com/post/123472408081/do-you-know-if-clarke-and-miller-knew-each-other
- ↑ https://twitter.com/kimshum/status/690357815345549312
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tbtmedia/status/955162345113731072