|"Miller" redirects here. For Nathan's father, see David Miller.|
|“||What the hell, this planet sucks anyway.||”|
|— Miller on the prospect of travelling to another world. [src]|
While on Earth, Miller is one of Bellamy Blake's most trusted Gunners, serving as his lieutenant. Throughout Season Two, he develops a friendship with Monty Green and Harper and relationships with Jasper Jordan and Maya as they team up to find a way out of Mount Weather.
In Season Three, he sides with Kane against Pike during the Arkadian Civil War. He helps sneak medical supplies to Lincoln and the interned Grounders when they are imprisoned. Later, Miller plays a key role in the War Against A.L.I.E., participating in the final battle in Polis.
In Season Four, he spends most of the time in Becca's Lab as a guard, while others are trying to find a solution for Nightblood. He and Eric Jackson begin a relationship during season four. At the end of the season he is one of the chosen 100 Sky People to stay inside of the Bunker, however his dad wasn't on the list, so he dies to the Praimfaya.
In Season Five, his time spent in the Second Dawn Bunker made him more hardened and devoted to Octavia Blake, where his role was to protect her and fight for Wonkru, to win the Shallow Valley at all costs. However all of this fades away once Madi Griffin becomes Heda, and Miller loses faith in his former leader. Eventually he was able to board Eligius IV and escape Earth, and eventually travel to a new world.
In Season Six, Miller becomes one of the first people to travel to Sanctum and participates in the growing conflict there with the Primes. Miller's skills as a thief enable him and Gaia to escape captivity and rescue Echo from being mind wiped as well as getting the notebook they need to save Madi from Sheidheda. During the Adjustment Protocol, Miller is dosed with the potent Blood of Sanctum in an effort to brainwash him into following the Primes, but is rescued by John Murphy and Emori. At the end of the conflict, after the effects of the toxin wear off, Miller is reunited with Jackson.
Miller was born on the Ark and raised on Alpha Station by his father sergeant David Miller, chief of the guard. Not much is known about their relationship but that David cares about and is concerned for Miller.
Sometime while living on the Ark, Miller was arrested by Marcus Kane and sent to juvenile lockup for theft. Miller had a boyfriend named Bryan whom he had known since his time on the Ark, but they were separated once Miller was locked up and the 100 sent to the ground.
Throughout the Series
Although initially a background character, Miller appears to be loyal to Bellamy, following his commands and listening to him. At first, he's disdainful of the Grounders and for much of his appearances in season one, he is shown on look out for any trespassers. Bellamy notes in "Day Trip" that the other delinquents listen to him, implying that he has some leadership abilities.
Later, inside Mount Weather, he is shown to be very outspoken and quick-witted, unafraid to speak his mind and bluntly shares his opinions. During this time, he steps up from his previous minor role in the series and, albeit with some reluctance, works together with Monty, Jasper, Harper and Maya to find an exit and reunite with the Ark survivors.
In Season Three, Miller appears to have matured and become more responsible since joining the Guard. His hatred towards the Grounders also appears to have eroded as he is now friendly towards them. Season Five illustrates Miller's tendency to be loyal to a fault, as he continues to be loyal to Octavia/Blodreina. Season Six shows Miller struggling with some of the actions he took inside the bunker.
Miller is a black male with dark brown eyes and a buzz cut. He has a strong build is often seen throughout the entirety of season one in his signature black beanie. In Season Two, Miller has grown out facial hair, and due to Mount Weather's strict policies, no longer wears his beanie.
In Season 5, after the six year jump, he has a shaved head and a full beard. Season 6 shows Miller with closely cropped hair and neatly-trimmed facial hair.
Bellamy's assistants and probably his second after the Murphy drama. He is also loyal toward Bellamy and holds high respect for him. Miller follows Bellamy's orders and Bellamy trusts him. During the battle in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)", a grounder pounces onto Bellamy and Miller shouts his name but is injured before he could help. After being separated, Miller is finally reunited with Bellamy in "Resurrection" and seems relieved to see him again. They were estranged during Season 5, but reconciled at the start of Season 6. After learning of Bellamy's apparent death, Miller is visibly devastated and emotional at the news.
- Main article: Monty and Miller
- "Hey, you're a great thief."
- - Monty to Miller[src]
- "Miller realizes what a dick he is."
- - Jasper in reply to Monty's question, "What happens in 5 seconds?"[src]
- "Look, you don't have to like me, Miller. Hey, you can blame me all you want for what my people are doing, but I'm trying to make things right."
- - Maya to Miller when he accuses of her of changing her mind.[src]
- Main article: Nathan and David
- Main article: Nathan and Bryan
- Main article: Nathan and Eric
Brell and Miller are both rivals, causing a feud between the two in Season 5.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Absent|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Appears|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Appears|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Appears|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Appears|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Appears|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
|From the Ashes||Appears|
|Welcome to Bardo||Flashback|
|The Queen's Gambit||Appears|
|A Little Sacrifice||Appears|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Appears|
|The Dying of the Light||Appears|
|The Last War||Appears|
- Miller (to Bellamy): "What is all this stuff?"
- Miller (to Octavia): "Hey, did he just say something?"
- Miller (to Octavia): "You know your brother doesn't want you up here, Octavia. Let's go."
- -- Contents Under Pressure
- Bellamy: "Did you talk to the Ark?"
- Miller: "I told Diggs' mom the news, John's dad. I'm supposed to talk to Roma's parents later."
- Bellamy: "Thanks for doing that. I owe you."
- Miller (to Bellamy): "Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by grounders. I just wish we could say we were getting some justice."
- Miller (to Lincoln): "You were a lot scarier when you had that face paint on."
- Miller (to Octavia): "Get out, or he gets the beating I've been aching to give him."
- Jaha (via video announcement): "Next year, on the ground."
- Miller: "Right. After we did all the work. Someone, shut him up."
- Raven "You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch."
- -- Unity Day
- Miller (to via walkie-talkie): "All gunners, we've got movement outside the South wall."
- Miller: "You know the first thing I'm gonna do when we get to the beach?"
- Drew: "No, what?"
- Miller: "I'm gonna go surfing."
- Miller (about Octavia): "She thinks she's a damn samurai."
- Miller (to Clarke): "Clarke, look! You can't save everyone. Let's go!"
- Jasper (to Clarke): "We're guests here, not prisoners. And what would you do with a guest who kept calling you a liar, and generally acted like an ungrateful ass?"
- Miller: "Kick the ungrateful ass out."
- -- Inclement Weather
- Jasper: "Miller, they saved your life, right?"
- Miller: "Dude, you puked for three days."
- Jasper: "That was different. Okay, the normal treatments wouldn't be as bad."
- Monty: "So they say."
- Miller: "So, what, then? Only puking for one day? Nah, I'm out."
- --Fog of War
- Miller: "I'm tired of being a human pincushion."
- Miller: "I say, if we're going to die in here, we might as well die trying to escape."
- Miller (about Maya): "Really? Is she gonna end up in the kennel too if she gets caught?"
- Miller (to Monty): "Big ass enough for you?"
- Miller (to Maya): "This was the plan. I knew it, she's afraid of losing her blood supply."
- --Remember Me
- Miller: "We've been locked up for hours. If it was Bellamy..."
- Jasper: "It was Bellamy. I'm telling you, he was here."
- Miller (sarcastically): "Alright."
- Miller (to Harper): "Be careful with that thing. We're in close. You could hit one of us."
- Miller: "They're gonna come in a lot hotter next time. You know that, right?"
- Monty (about opening the trash shoot): "Almost there."
- Miller: "Almost isn't good enough."
- Miller: "Yeah, well, we're still sitting ducks in a group like this."
- Octavia: "What about it? Protocol says we go home let the Chancellor decide what to do next."
- Bellamy: "Screw protocol, the Chancellor's not from Farm Station, Monty is so is Miller's boyfriend. Your call."
- Monty: "Let's do this."
- Miller: "You have to ask?"
- -- Wanheda (Part 1)
- Miller: "Bet you didn't think we'd break the law together when you arrested me on the Ark, huh?"
- Kane: "This isn't a game. If we don't find out what Pike's up to more people will die."
- Miller: "Then let's not get caught."
- --Bitter Harvest
- Harper: "Or we could just shock-lash Pike's fascist ass and hand him to the Grounders."
- Kane: "That would be murder, not to mention treason, and that's not who we are."
- Miller: "Maybe it's who we need to be."
- Miller to Bryan: "There's a blockade outside of camp, food rationing inside, jail full of Grounders. There's a lot for people to be upset about right now."
- -- Terms and Conditions
- Several Grounders (shot during the Battle at the Camp)
- A Mount Weather Guard (strangled to save Vincent Vie)
- An Azgeda scout (shot to save Jasper Jordan)
- Several Azgeda slavers at Farm Station (killed in the explosion of the hydro-generator alongside Bellamy, Monty, Bryan and Harper)
- Dakiva, a warrior
Notes and Trivia
- Nathan Miller may be descended from The Grounder Raine Miller.
- Miller was the one to tell Diggs' mom, John Mbege's dad, and Roma Bragg's parents about their children's deaths.
- When breaking into Dante's office, Jasper said Miller is a thief, revealing why he was locked up and sent to the ground.
- Kim Shumway, one of the writers for the show, stated that Miller was somehow involved in Monty and Jasper's grow room on the Ark. Shumway wants to write a flashback webisode showing this and said it would involve Miller being "surprisingly awesome". This confirms that Miller knew Monty and Jasper prior to show's events and was possibly friends with them.
- In "Ashes to Ashes," after stealing a Sanctum guard's knife, Miller comments that its "the best lift I've made since the Ark."
- Aaron Ginsburg, a producer/writer for the show, said that it is "safe to assume" that Miller knew Clarke on the Ark. They are the same age (making him about 17 or 18) and thus likely shared classes.
- Miller is one of the nine LGBT+ characters in the TV series; the other six are Clarke Griffin, Lexa, Costia, Niylah, Bryan, Eric Jackson, Daniel Lee and Zev. He was the fourth character confirmed to be LGBT when it was revealed he has a boyfriend in "Wanheda (Part 1)". Series writer Kim Shumway confirmed he was gay.
- He has appeared in 67 episodes, making him the most frequently appearing recurring character.
- Nathan and Raven Reyes are the only two characters who were introduced in Season One after "Pilot" who are known to be still alive.
- It is possible that he was based off of the book character Eric. Both were helpful and trusted by Bellamy. They were also apart of the 100 delinquants sent to the ground and were gay.
|To edit this gallery, go to Nathan Miller/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.