|“||I was an altar boy in a church just like this. Saginaw, about two hours outside Detroit. On my Harley, I'd make it in one. God, I miss that bike... More than I miss most of the people.||”|
|— Miles Shaw [src]|
Early Life Edit
Miles grew up in Saginaw, Michigan, USA. A city two hours outside of Detroit, Michigan. In Acceptable Losses, Miles reveals that when he was a kid, after the "Battle of San Francisco", he watched the television, showing the evacuation of thousands of refugees being packed into aircraft carriers, and seeing soldiers pushing helicopters overboard to make more room. One of the soldiers giving the orders, was Charmaine Diyoza.
On April 4, 2047, he was an employee on board the Eligius IV. During the mining operation, when he and his crew reported that the prisoners were getting sick, the Eligius Corporation had a different option, they decide to start "Order 11", which would abandon the prisoners on an asteroid, and bring home the Hythylodium. His captain agreed, but Miles did not, which led to the shock collars being deactivated, causing a mutiny on the ship. He agreed to help Charmaine Diyoza take over the ship, if she spared his life.
Throughout the Series Edit
Miles is a "cocky space explorer", who willingly joined a mining mission to uncover the "secrets of the universe". He is also shown to have a kind heart.
Physical Appearance Edit
Miles is a biracial man. He has brown eyes and shaved head, he also has a short mustache.
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
Killed Victims Edit
- 1 Eligius Prisoner (strangled to death to save Raven, Echo, Emori and Murphy)
- 1 Eligius Prisoner (slam on his head with gun to save Raven, Echo, Emori and Murphy)
- 2 Eligius Prisoners (shot during the final showdown with McCreary)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- His character was announced on August 18, 2017.
- Miles is the only known person aboard Gagarin who is not a prisoner.
- His character was originally named Zeke Shaw but got renamed for legal reasons.
- After fans tweets, Jason Rothenberg agreed to have "Ezekiel" (which Zeke is diminutive of) be Shaw's middle name. This makes Shaw the first character on The 100 with a known middle name. However, his middle name has never been used in the series – the first character whose middle name was stated in the series is Jordan Green.
- Shaw, Charmaine Diyoza, Jordan Green, and Brell are the only four characters that were introduced in Season Five who are known to be still alive.
- Ivana Milicevic revealed in an interview that Shaw was a Navy Seal, just like Diyoza. It was never confirmed on the show, but Diyoza refers to Miles as Lieutenant. 
See Also Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/996726513553752064
- ↑ 'The 100' season 5 casts Jordan Bolger as Eligius member Zeke Shaw, Hypable
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2017/08/18/the-100-spoilers-season-5-cast-jordan-bolger-zeke-shaw/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/996605351792291840
- ↑ [https://fanfest.com/2018/06/13/the-100-star-ivana-milicevic-discusses-diyozas-intentions-and-an-upcoming-epic-female-fight-