|“||Skaikru taught me that people are cruel, and violent, and selfish to the core.||”|
|— Luna to Octavia Blake [src]|
In Season Four, Luna traveled to Arkadia with some of her people when they became ill from radiation poisoning. Luna was the only one that survives due to being a Nightblood. Realizing that Nightblood could save everyone from the death wave, Sky People try to figure out how to turn people into Nightbloods. Luna traveled with Abby's team to Becca's Island where they tried to use engineering to reverse her blood. Unfortunately, after the death of all her clan, she was consumed by darkness and promised that if she won the final conclave, humanity will perish. She was killed by Octavia Blake during the final conclave.
Luna was born on Earth. Both she and her brother were born Nightbloods and, as such, were sent to Polis to be trained in combat and leadership. They were part of the same group of nine novitiates as Lexa. When the Commander died, the nine novitiates partook in the Conclave. In the first round, Luna was matched up against her brother and she killed him. Luna was then matched up against Lexa for the second round, but instead of fighting, Luna ran away from Polis. She swore off fighting, and instead chose to live with her clan off-shore and avoid violence.
Throughout the Series
In I Am Become Death, Lincoln tells Octavia of a clan that might take them in that is located "East to the sea, then across it." In We Are Grounders (Part 1), Lincoln tells Finn and Clarke to take all the Delinquents and flee to Luna's clan.
In Wanheda (Part 1), Octavia suggests to Lincoln they leave Arkadia and go to Luna's clan. He tells her Luna is in hiding for a reason and won't take them. In Stealing Fire, it is revealed that Luna is a Nightblood and was the only other survivor of Lexa's Conclave. She was one of the nine novitiates but fled during the Conclave. Titus called her "a coward and a traitor to the blood." However, in face of the decision between Ontari and Luna, Titus passes the Flame to Clarke so she can find Luna and make her the next commander. In Join or Die, Octavia, Clarke, Bellamy and Jasper finally find Luna. They explain to her that Lincoln and Lexa are both dead and that Lincoln mentioned that she would be able to help them. Clarke shows her the Flame and asks her to become the new Commander but Luna refuses. In Red Sky at Morning, Clarke continues to try to persuade Luna to take the Flame. When the Boat People who are to take Clarke, Octavia, Bellamy, and Jasper to shore arrive, it's revealed that her men have been chipped and are controlled by A.L.I.E. They torture Luna to take the chip, but she refuses. When they threaten Adria, a small child, Luna kills the chipped men. Afterward, Luna sends Clarke's group back to shore.
In The Four Horsemen, Luna and several of her people arrive at Arkadia affected with radiation poisoning. The others all succumb, including Adria who was given anti-radiation medicine, leaving Luna as the sole survivor. Clarke and Abby realize this is because Luna is a Nightblood and Abby asks to run some tests on her. In A Lie Guarded, she goes to Becca's Island with Abby's group to help them research Nightblood. In Die All, Die Merrily, she participated in the Final Conclave where she is self-serving and does not plan on sharing the bunker when she wins. She kills at least two other champions, including Guara, before killing Roan and right afterward goes and searches for Octavia she is stabbed and killed by her.
Unlike most Grounders, Luna doesn't praise strength and fighting skills, neither does she support the typical Grounder motto ("Jus drein jus daun"). Luna leads the peaceful clan of Boat People, where they avoid the rules of war, and provide a safe haven for orphans of war and people who are done fighting. Moreover, she does not wish to be Commander because that is connected to violence.
Despite her pacifist views, Luna is a strong fighter. She claims she would have won her conclave if she hadn't fled. She killed her brother during the conclave, which may have influenced her views and her decision to flee. When necessary, Luna can still fight and kill. When several chipped Boat People tried to take control of the Clan, she killed the chipped men to protect her people.
Luna is tall with a tan complexion, brown eyes and long brown hair with blonde highlights at the tips.
Delinquents to go to her. He also knows enough of her background to know that she does not want to draw attention to herself.
As Nightbloods, Luna and Lexa grew up together in Polis, training with their class of novitiates as potential successors to the Commander. After the previous Commander died, they were matched up to fight each other to the death in the second round of their Conclave. Luna tells Clarke in "Red Sky at Morning" that she fled before their fight so that she wouldn't have to kill Lexa.In return, Titus says in "Stealing Fire" that after Lexa became Commander, she refused to let him hunt down and kill Luna.
Luna was raised by the Flamekeeper Titus in Polis, alongside the other Nightblood children including Lexa. It seems that he favored Lexa over Luna, as Luna says that Lexa was his favorite. After Luna fled from her Conclave, Titus wanted to send men to hunt down and kill her, but was stopped by Lexa.Titus considers Luna to be unworthy of the Flame, calling her a coward and a traitor to the Blood in "Stealing Fire". However, he still considers Luna to be a better option than Ontari and gives Clarke the Flame so that she can make Luna the Commander.
Red Sky at Morning", Luna kills all of them. In "The Four Horsemen", Luna holds Adria's hand in med bay. When it becomes clear that Adria is dying, Luna holds her and offers her words of comfort until Adria passes.
Raven was Luna's reminder that there was still good in the world, people worth saving. It is because of this that Luna remains in Becca's lab, giving blood and bone marrow in an attempt to save the human race with her nightblood. Luna calms Raven after an episode of anger, preventing Raven from having another seizure. It is clear through this act that Luna saw Raven as the 'good' worth saving.As seen in "The Old Man and the Anomaly," Raven cared about Luna greatly in return and even years later was bitter and blamed Abby for turning Luna into a monster with her actions.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Absent|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Absent|
|I Am Become Death||Mentioned|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Absent|
|Many Happy Returns||Absent|
|Fog of War||Absent|
|Long Into an Abyss||Absent|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Absent|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Absent|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Absent|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Appears|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Appears|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Mentioned|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Mentioned|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Absent|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Mentioned|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
- Lincoln (to Octavia): "East to the sea, then across it. There's a clan, allies of the woods. They'll take us."
- -- in I Am Become Death
- Lincoln (to Clarke): "In my book, there's a map. Chart a course to the Eastern Sea. There's a clan there, led by a woman called Luna, a friend. Tell her I sent you."
- -- in We Are Grounders (Part 1)
- Octavia: "And don't tell me about the kill order. We can go far away. Luna's clan will take us in."
- Lincoln: "No, they won't. Luna's hiding for a reason. She won't risk the attention."
- -- in Wanheda (Part 1)
- Octavia: "So, much for the great Luna. The savior of those in need."
- Luna: "You don't want saving. You want someone to fight with you."
- Octavia: "You're damn right! We're at war. Luna, you can't just ignore that. Lincoln would've wanted you to help us."
- Luna: "By becoming Commander? I don't think so. Lincoln knew our rules. We take people in who are done fighting. Done killing. Look at you. Fighting is all you know. Death is all you know. Lincoln would've never brought that here."
- Luna (to Clarke): "Today people I loved died. Needlessly. At my hand. I can't allow that to happen again."
- Luna (to Clarke): "You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than blood must have blood?"
- -- Red Sky at Morning
- Luna: "You think I deserve this for refusing the flame?"
- Bellamy: "No one deserves to suffer."
- -- The Four Horsemen
- Luna: "What if the fight is all we are? We torture, kill, betray. We pretend we're more than that just to make ourselves feel better, but it's a lie."
- -- A Lie Guarded
- Luna (to Murphy): "Because of the color of my blood, I was raised to be a killer. The Flamekeepers harnessed my rage and taught me it was nobility. For years, I reveled in death and violence. I killed my own brother. So trust me when I tell you, if I found peace – you can."
- -- We Will Rise
- Unnamed brother (during her Conclave)
- Derrick, Captain, and another Grounder (while the three were chipped)
- Mezi, the Louwoda Kliron Champion (during the Final Conclave)
- Guara, the Podakru Champion (during the Final Conclave)
- Roan, the Azgeda champion (stabbed/drowned in a fountain during the Final Conclave)
Notes and Trivia
- She is the favorite character of Lauren Muir, a writer's assistant.
- Luna killed her own brother during the first round in the Conclave. She was matched up against Lexa for the second round but fled before it started. Luna claims she would have won if she had stayed.
- Luna was forced to kill numerous of her own people, after A.L.I.E. took control of them and tried to get Luna to take A.L.I.E.'s chip. One of these people included Derrick, who may have been Luna's lover.
- She is the last member of Floukru to die.
- Revealed by Hilker herself at Survival Con in 2016, Luna was originally supposed to have been Lincoln's ex-fiancé and this would have caused problems between herself and Octavia. But the storyline was changed due to Lincoln's death in Stealing Fire.
|To edit this gallery, go to Luna/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.