Life and Career Edit
Lindsey Marie Morgan was born in Georgia to George Morgan and Alice Burciaga, and raised in Houston, Texas. She is of Irish and Mexican descent.
Morgan began her career in college, then left for Los Angeles to chase her acting dream. Her family had been "mortified" and shocked when Morgan announced she was moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. Growing up, Lindsey had done theater productions but had never been the star of the show. They made a deal that she could intern with a theater company for just one summer, but when Lindsey found that she learned so much from it, she stayed in LA permanently. It did not take long for Hollywood to take notice, landing the leading role in the film, disConnected, as well as a supporting role in the film Detention.
On April 17, 2012, TVLine reported that Morgan has been cast as the contract role of Kristina Davis on the American ABC Daytime soap opera General Hospital and would make her debut on May 25, 2012. On March 26, 2013, it was announced that she would be departing her role as Kristina. Her last episode aired on March 4, 2013. Immediately upon leaving General Hospital, she filmed a web series called Destroy the Alpha Gammas and had a guest spot on Franklin & Bash, a series of commercials including one for Samsung and Kmart. She was also on a Fox Digital production called ETXR. In 2013, Morgan received her first nomination for Outstanding Younger Actress for her portrayal of Kristina at the 40th Daytime Emmy Awards. Of learning about her Emmy nomination, she said, "I was worried that I've gotten the call time wrong for my appearance on Franklin & Bash before I saw that it said "Congratulations!, I'm stunned, I'm still so shocked. I'm so honored.She submitted the scenes where Kristina was kidnapped and learned that the man who was holding her was Joe Scully, Jr. (Richard Steinmetz).
For full filmography, see IMDb.
Episodes Directed Edit
Notes and Trivia Edit
- On July 25, 2015, it was announced that Morgan would be a series regular in Season Two, along with Ricky Whittle who played Lincoln.
- Morgan can't make herself fake cry, so she has to "trick [her] body into a traumatic state" in order to produce genuine tears.
- After Raven was paralyzed in her right leg, Lindsey monitored her body language so the injury could appear believable. Unfortunately, this caused fatigue in Lindsey's real leg and joint pain.
- She had to live in a hotel in Vancouver for over six months because her stay on the show kept extending, despite being told Raven was to be killed off at the end of season one. She had only been booked for a certain amount of episodes and was happy to receive the calls stating she would be sticking around longer.
- Lindsey is very close to cast members Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Ricky Whittle, Nadia Hilker, Devon Bostick, Richard Harmon and few others.
- If Lindsey could have a superpower, she wants to be able to heal people.
- At Unity Day 2018, Lindsey told fans that the hardest scenes to shoot are the ones with all the torture. They makes her exhausted and her body hurt.
- Before being cast in The 100, Lindsey was struggling with depression and anxiety, because all of stress she had while performing in the show General Hospital as she got so much internet hate and scrutiny from fans of that show. After she left the show, she gave up and quit acting, but hours later, she decided not to give up and continue acting.
- Lindsey will direct The Queen's Gambit taking over for Eliza who wanted to focus on her health after an miscarrige
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ http://lindseymorganfan.com/?p=460#more-460
- ↑ http://fangirlish.com/the-100-season-2-lindsey-morgan-and-ricky-whittle-promoted-to-series-regulars/
- ↑ http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/03/03/lindsey-morgan-tricks-her-body-into-cyring-on-screen-for-the-100/
- ↑ http://www.seat42f.com/the-100-lindsey-morgan-interview.html
- ↑ http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/an-interview-with-lindsey-morgan-for-season-2-of-the-100
- ↑ https://twitter.com/theafictionados/status/954784253199368192
- ↑ http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/03/06/the-100s-lindsey-morgan-almost-quit-acting-for-good-while-struggling-with-depression-anxiety/
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/The100S7/status/1189068039079235589