|“||Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim. (May we meet again)||”|
|— Lincoln's last words to Octavia Blake [src]|
Lincoln was a major character in the second and third seasons, after initially appearing as a recurring character in the first season. He was portrayed by starring cast member Ricky Whittle and debuted in "Twilight's Last Gleaming".
Lincoln was a Trikru warrior who rescued Octavia Blake. The pair develop romantic feelings, and Lincoln helped the Delinquents multiple times, causing him to be viewed as a traitor to his people. He later was captured by the Mountain Men, and forced to become a Reaper, but with Delinquents and Octavia's assistance, he was rescued and overcame his addiction to RED, the drug used to create the Reapers.
After the fall of the Mountain Men, Lincoln resided in Arkadia, because the Commander placed a kill order on his head. After Charles Pike became Arkadia's new Chancellor, Lincoln was placed into lockup, as Pike saw all Grounders as enemies to the Sky People. Pike ordered his execution, as well as Kane's and Sinclair's. Kane and Sinclair escaped, but Lincoln remained behind when Pike threatened to kill the rest of the Grounders he had locked up. Pike executed Lincoln by shooting him in the head, leaving his body behind in a puddle of mud. Octavia later returned to Arkadia and was able to give him a proper Trikru farewell. Lincoln was avenged when Octavia killed Pike in "Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)", after A.L.I.E.'s defeat.
Lincoln was a warrior from Trikru. In his youth, he saw a small dropship come to Earth from The Ark. He found a badly injured man inside but because he couldn't speak English yet, he couldn't ask the man what was wrong. He brought the man food and water for three days before finally telling his father. Lincoln was then made to kill the man by his father and was told that the world has always been trying to turn him into a monster.
Throughout the Series
In What You Take With You, Octavia experiences a series of hallucinations while using red sun toxin to try to remember what happened to her in the anomaly. As part of these hallucinations, she witnesses Blodreina about to execute Charles Pike as she once did to avenge Lincoln. As Blodreina speaks, Octavia flashes back on Lincoln's execution and realizes that Blodreina is saying the exact same thing that Pike did before he executed Lincoln. Recognizing the monster that she has become, Octavia stops Blodreina from killing Pike.
In Welcome to Bardo, when Levitt scans Octavia's memories with the Disciples' Memory Capture device, Lincoln is amongst the memories shown. As a result, when Levitt sees Octavia's memory of killing Charles Pike in revenge, he cheers.In A Sort of Homecoming, after finding Octavia praying, Indra asks if Lincoln taught her that. Octavia states that Indra wasn't her only teacher, causing Indra to quip that she was Octavia's best teacher.
Lincoln is very kind, serious and hard working. He generally speaks when spoken to, and even then, he tends to speak as little as possible, choosing to be concise and direct. He is always thinking about survival and his duties to his people, whether it be Arkadia or Trikru. Even under great stress, such as being tortured, finding out his village was attacked, being chased by reapers and attacked without provocation, Lincoln does not express any emotion. He rarely engages in recreation or humor of any sort, as he lets his own work dominate his life. He burdens himself with the well-being of Octavia, the Sky People and Trikru, and always gets involved in major political issues.
Lincoln is a non-conformist, who always questioned the ways of Trikru as he grew up and is willing to risk his own life to do what's right, even if it's against the traditions of his people. His non-conformist views drove him to betray Trikru to help the Delinquents on multiple occasions and disobeying orders in favor of morality and altruism. Being both moral and rational, he seeks peace among his own people and the Sky People in spite of previous armed conflicts that have taken place and soured relations, which shows that he is a visionary who understands what needs to be done to ensure long-term prosperity.
Lincoln is a creative problem solver who engages in thinking in the long term. One example of this is creating a plan that involved attempting to flee to the coast to escape the armed conflict between the delinquents and Woods Clan. Another notable example involves a plan to pretend to be a reaper to infiltrate Mount Weather. He frequently assists Arkadia by providing insight to predict future events related to Arkadia - Coalition relations. Lincoln carries a book, which he uses to document what he sees and make maps.
Lincoln has brown skin, brown eyes, and a shaved head. He has a lean muscular build and has tribal tattoos on his head, back, chest, and arms.
- Main article: Octavia and Lincoln
Lincoln first met Octavia Blake when she had been injured after falling from a steep hill. He took care of her injuries and he saved her from being found by the other grounders and she thanked him for his help. After her brother, Bellamy, finds her, he takes Lincoln hostage and begins torturing him, much to Octavia's dismay. Octavia frees Lincoln in Day Trip while her brother is gone and the rest of the delinquents are hallucinating from some Jobi nuts. In Unity Day, Lincoln takes an arrow for Octavia, saving her life. He saves her life again in We Are Grounders (Part 2) when he leaves with her in the midst of battle because of the arrow in her leg.
In The 48, Lincoln returns to his village and almost certain death in order to get medicine to treat Octavia's poisoned wound. After he is captured by Reapers, Octavia does not give up hope of finding him, finally succeeding in Fog of War. Octavia then works with Bellamy and Clarke to revert Lincoln back from a Reaper into a Grounder in Long Into an Abyss and continues helping him in his struggle to overcome his addiction to the Reaper red drug in Rubicon. In Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2), Lincoln again picks Octavia over the Grounders and risks the alliance between the Mountain Men and the Grounders in order to go after Octavia at Mount Weather.
After Lincoln's execution by Charles Pike, Octavia kills Pike in revenge at the first chance she gets.Despite eventually moving on from losing Lincoln and finding others to love, Octavia never forgets him or the lessons he taught her. In "A Sort of Homecoming," when asked by Indra if Lincoln taught her a Grounder prayer, Octavia quips that Indra wasn't her only teacher with humor and not sadness.
- Main article: Bellamy and Lincoln
- "You protected my sister before you even knew her. "
- - Bellamy to Lincoln [src]
Bellamy and Lincoln at first meeting have a hostile relationship as Bellamy thought that Lincoln had kidnapped his sister. Bellamy also suspects that Lincoln has taken a liking to Octavia after seeing sketches of her in his journal. This all leads to Bellamy torturing Lincoln in order to extract information on the Grounders and on how to save Finn. In Unity Day, Bellamy discovers the extent of Octavia's and Lincoln's relationship when he sees them embracing and then when Lincoln saves her life. Eventually in We Are Grounders (Part 2), Bellamy sees him as an ally and allows him to take Octavia to safety in order to save her from her arrow wound.Bellamy helps Octavia capture a Reaper Lincoln in Fog of War and they bring him back to the drop ship so Clarke can try to save Lincoln in Long Into an Abyss. In Survival of the Fittest, Bellamy then joins forces with Lincoln in an attempt to infiltrate Mount Weather but Lincoln gives into his reaper addiction and leaves Bellamy at the mercy of the Mountain Men. Lincoln finds out in Rubicon that in spite of him deserting Bellamy, Bellamy had still successfully made it into Mount Weather.
Indra is Lincoln's chief. She captured Lincoln for helping the enemy (Octavia) while their clan was weak. After Octavia demands a swap for Nyko, Indra's only healer, she agrees to let Lincoln go. When Octavia gets angry that Lincoln is injured, Indra states that Lincoln should be dead, implying that they would have finished the "death by a thousand cuts" punishment for Lincoln since he had betrayed his clan.
Indra continues to view Lincoln as a traitor to his people, even when he digs her out of the rubble after the Tondc bombing and carries her to safety when she is hit by the sniper. After Lincoln returns from killing the sniper, Indra welcomes him back with a handshake and a hug. Later, Octavia tells Indra it meant a lot that she forgave Lincoln. After Lincoln is tied up for not wanting to retreat with the Grounders when Lexa called a truce with the Mountain Men, Indra leaves him a knife so he can free himself and find Octavia.After Lincoln's death, Indra is shown to be saddened by his loss and to continue to hold him in high regard. In "Die All, Die Merrily," Indra expresses to Octavia how proud Lincoln would be for her actions. In "A Sort of Homecoming," Indra asks if Lincoln taught Octavia the Grounder prayer she is reciting. When Octavia simply states that Indra wasn't her only teacher, Indra quips that she wasn't the only one but she was the best one.
NykoNyko is friends with Lincoln. Nyko was willing to help save Octavia and go against his own people even though he could be punished for it in order to help Lincoln. He thinks of Lincoln as a brother and was willing to mercy-kill him when he thought Lincoln had irrevocably turned into a Reaper. Later, after Raven is accused of poisoning Gustus and the Sky People are told to run, Nyko and Lincoln bid farewell.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Appears|
|His Sister's Keeper||Appears|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Mentioned|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Appears|
|Coup de Grâce||Mentioned|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Appears|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Mentioned|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Mentioned|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Absent|
|A Lie Guarded||Mentioned|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Flashback|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Mentioned|
|The Other Side||Absent|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Flashback|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Flashback|
|The Queen's Gambit||Mentioned|
|A Little Sacrifice||Absent|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Mentioned|
|The Dying of the Light||Absent|
|The Last War||Absent|
- Himself (turned himself in)
While Lincoln is escaping with Kane and Octavia. Pike threatens to execute the prisoners that are still being held in lockup. Octavia tries to stop Lincoln from turning himself in, but Lincoln refuses and hits Octavia with a reaper stick so she can't stop him. He gives himself up to Pike and is immediately arrested
After turning himself in, Lincoln is brought outside Arkadia by guards for his execution. Before Pike kills him, he tells Lincoln that his people will be cared for. When Pike is telling Lincoln his sentence he asks Lincoln if he has any last words. He replies, "Not for you". As Pike pulls a gun out to kill Lincoln with. Before his death, Lincoln whispers to Octavia, who devastatingly watches from afar, "Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim", meaning "May we meet again" in Trigedasleng. Pike points the gun at Lincoln's head and shoots him, killing him.
- Unnamed Sky Person (when he was a boy)
- Vik (killed to save Clarke and Finn)
- A Reaper to distract the other Reapers in order to save Clarke and Finn
- Another Grounder who was being turned into a Reaper in Mount Weather (beaten to death)
- A Camp Jaha Guard (with Reapers)
- Sgt. Scott (with Reapers)
- Cage Wallace (hand cut off and injected with the Red Drug)
Notes and Trivia
- Lincoln has a collection of books in his cave including drawings of the Earth and the environment. This shows he has been scouting for Trikru for a while. They also show that he is artistic.
- He has a map of the Reaper tunnels.
- There are at least two drawings of Octavia Blake.
- He drew the river monster and a nuclear explosion on his cave wall.
- He uses feathers for bookmarks.
- There is a picture of the river serpent that attacked Octavia.
- There are several images of the Mountain Men and the Reapers.
- He drew a couple of pictures of the drop ship and has been keeping track of the Delinquents and their fatalities.
- His journal contains information on how to find Luna and Floukru.
- He was the first indication that there are multiple Grounder factions on Earth.
- Lincoln is the first friendly Grounder presented on the show and first to be kind to the Sky People.
- Lincoln was named after the Lincoln Memorial the ruins of which rest near Tondc.
- After "Human Trials," he became addicted to the Red Drug.
- In "Long Into an Abyss," Lincoln is cured and is no longer a Reaper.
- In "Survival of the Fittest," he is shown to continue to struggle with his addiction when he sacrifices Bellamy for another dose.
- He is also seen attempting to capture Atohl, another Grounder, in Rubicon to continue his addiction.
- In "Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)," he resists the drug when Cage offers it to him and injects it into Cage instead.
- Lincoln was the first Grounder to reside in Arkadia. The second was Niylah.
- Lincoln was the first person to be executed under the Exodus Charter, the laws established by the Sky People for when they come to the ground.
- There is no stunt double for Lincoln's stunts. Ricky does the stunts himself.
- Lincoln was the first Grounder credited as a main character and was the first grounder on the main cast for two seasons. The second was Echo
- Lincoln was supposed to survive Season Three.
- Ricky Whittle claims he left The 100 because of bullying from Jason Rothenberg.
- Lincoln was still supposed to survive the season but the show-runner, Jason Rothenberg, decided to kill him off instead.
- Ricky returned for "Demons" so that Octavia could give Lincoln a proper Trikru farewell.
- Lincoln is the third main character to be killed on The 100, the first was Wells Jaha and second was Finn Collins.
|To edit this gallery, go to Lincoln/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
- Rothenberg, Jason (27 Jun 2015) Tweet - @JRothenbergTV
- Kira Snyder, tumblr, 2015
- CW Actor Ricky Whittle Claims He Left ‘The 100’ Because Of Bullying huffingtonpost, 04/06/2016.
- Ricky Whittle Says the Creator Bullied Him Off the Show, tvguide, Apr 6, 2016