|“||You saved me and I don't just mean by opening that door.||”|
|— Kane to Abby [src]|
Kane and Abby was the relationship between Marcus Kane and Abigail Griffin. They were portrayed by cast members Henry Ian Cusick, Greyston Holt and Paige Turco, and début in the first episode of Season One.
Throughout the Series
Throughout Season One, they have many disputes and disagree on decisions that are made on the Ark. If it hadn't been for Thelonious Jaha, Marcus would have floated Abby for breaking the law. However, the airing of Jake Griffin's message and the effect it has on the people appears to have affected Kane as well. Having previously dismissed her work with Raven, Kane tells Abby that he left two men to monitor the radio with explicit instructions to contact them if they hear anything. It's implied that Kane at least voted in Abby's favor not to float her and was possibly the one to make the convincing argument regarding her worth. Following the Culling and the death of Marcus' mother, the two become closer and begin to understand each other's decisions. Abby comforts Marcus and he starts to take what Jaha told him to heart - that you need to know when not to follow the law.Kane is distressed when he thinks Abby was on the Exodus ship and is relieved when he finds she is alive. He is prepared to launch the Ark manually and sacrifice his own life and Abby tries to stop him. It is at this point Abby really starts to see how much Marcus has changed. However, Jaha is the one who launches the Ark manually and Abby and Marcus are sent to Earth.
- Marcus Kane: "I didn't want you to see this, Abby. Not again."
- Abby Griffin: "Please, Marcus, I'm begging you. Don't do this."
- Marcus Kane: "It's already done. This... this is wrong, Abby. I know you know that. I understand why you did it. If I lost you, if I could get you back, I'd probably do the same. But you won't be able to live with yourself and neither can I."
- Abby Griffin: "Marcus, please. We are so close. We can make a new life. We can start over."
- Marcus Kane: "Not like this. You told me once that your job was to make sure that we deserve to survive. You remember? (Abby nods) That's what I'm doing now."
- Abby Griffin: "No, please. I can't do this on my own."
- Marcus Kane: "Yes, you can, Abby. You're so strong. You're so much stronger than me. You saved me so many times. Not just my life, me."
- Abby Griffin: "I need you. I love you."
- Marcus Kane: "I love you, too. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. But if I don't do this now, then we both live to regret it, and so many more innocent lives will be lost. This is how we get our humanity back."
- -- in What You Take With You
Notes and Trivia
- Both have been Chancellor of the Sky People while on Earth.
- They shared their first kiss in Stealing Fire.
- They first slept together in Heavy Lies the Crown.
- Clarke knows about their relationship and accepts it, as she is happy for her mom.
- They both died during Season Six, Kane died in What You Take With You by committing suicide and Abby died in Adjustment Protocol after being mind wiped by Russell Lightbourne to be used as a host for Simone Lightbourne.
|Relationships where one or both characters has died (or transcended).|
Bellamy and Echo • Clarke and Lexa • Clarke and Finn • Finn and Raven • Jasper and Maya • Kane and Abby • Monty and Harper • Nathan and Bryan • Octavia and Atom • Octavia and Ilian • Octavia and Lincoln • Raven and Wick • Raven and Shaw
Bellamy and Jasper • Bellamy and Lincoln • Bellamy and Maya • Bellamy and Monty • Bellamy and Murphy • Clarke and Anya • Clarke and Bellamy • Clarke and Jasper • Clarke and Monty • Clarke and Roan • Clarke and Wells • Jasper and Harper • Kane and Bellamy • Kane and Diyoza • Kane and Octavia • Monty and Jasper • Monty and Miller • Murphy and Ontari • Octavia and Diyoza • Octavia and Jasper • Octavia and Monty • Raven and Abigail • Raven and Bellamy • Octavia and Gabriel • Raven and Jasper • Raven and Sinclair