|“||For all its faults, Earth is really beautiful.||”|
|— Jasper admiring Earth for the last time [src]|
Jasper was part of the original 100. He was arrested along with his best friend, Monty Green, for stealing herbs from the Ark garden and sent to juvenile lockup. Jasper was a Gunner for the Delinquents against the Woods Clan. Jasper also served as the primary chemist for the 100's time on Earth.
Jasper battled PTSD that developed after he was speared in the chest in "Pilot." This has continued on throughout the second season. He was initially supposed to be a minor character that died in the "Pilot" but his fate was changed due to the cast and crew liking his character so much.
While inside Mount Weather, Jasper became dependent on the Mountain Men, believing they had the Delinquents' best interests at heart. When Jasper learned the truth, however, he was determined to save his people and leave Mount Weather, becoming a leader for the Delinquents trapped inside.
In Season Three, Jasper became severely depressed due to Maya's death, and he developed grudges against Monty and Clarke. He made several attempts to drink himself to death, but fought against it. He later joined a resistance of Sky People, who fought the Artificial Intelligence A.L.I.E. after she took control of nearly all the Arkadians and residents of Polis. He eventually took the chip himself to try and relieve the pain of losing Maya. He was released after Clarke pulls A.L.I.E.'s kill switch.
In Season Four, Jasper was much of the same, coming moments away from committing suicide with a pistol before being interrupted. However, after learning that there was another nuclear apocalypse looming and there was very little hope for any of them to survive, he became more cheerful. He entered in a mode of disregarding his actions, believing that since they were all going to die soon anyway that he won't be around to reap the consequences. When the rest of the Sky People leave to go to the Second Dawn Bunker, Jasper decided to stay behind at Arkadia in order to die. He had one last talk with Monty before he died from overdosing on the tea that he made from the hallucinogenic Jobi Nuts, committing suicide.
Jasper was born on The Ark to chemist parent. He is best friends with Monty Green and did great in chemistry class. At some point before his crime, Jasper attended a Masquerade dance with his friends where he first saw Octavia Blake, who he grew a liking to.
Throughout the Series
In Eden, after returning to the ruins of Arkadia two months after the Second Nuclear Apocalypse, Clarke finds a locked box containing Maya's music player, Jasper's goggles and a letter from Jasper to Monty. Seeing it causes Clarke to burst into tears over the loss of her friend and she begins to wonder if Jasper didn't have the right idea after all. In Acceptable Losses, Clarke gives Jasper's suicide note to Monty. He reads it and reveals that Jasper was going to kill himself after being pulled from the City of Light. Monty laments on how maybe Jasper was right all along. In Damocles (Part 2), Clarke and Bellamy learn that Monty and Harper decided to name their child Jordan Jasper Green in honor of their lost friend.
At the start of the series, Jasper was relatively timid and reserved, rarely interacting with others besides Monty and Clarke. He is relatively adventurous and brave when given the opportunity, as shown when he jumped into a river to save Octavia from a large predatory creature that nearly killed her. His intellectual side was made very apparent from early on in the series, often assisting Monty and A.L.I.E. on various technical related objectives. At the beginning of the series, Jasper was not in any way confrontational or assertive, often complying with other peoples' requests without any protest.
However, upon witnessing the death of his first serious love, Maya, Jasper was traumatized and became depressed. To cope with her death, he resorted to alcoholism and hedonism, changing from his previously deliberating, timid demeanor. He stopped caring for the well-being of Arkadia's residents and spent much of his time goofing off and ignoring potential dangers, as evidenced when he deliberately stayed outside in the face of rain that could potentially have been acidic. Jasper also expresses apathy over the fact that humanity's survival was under threat from old nuclear reactors melting down by telling Clarke that he is simply trying to have fun as long as he can before Praimfaya happens.
Jasper has brown eyes, thick dark brown hair, pale skin and a slim figure. The most notable characteristic of his apparel is the goggles he has worn since he arrived on Earth. When the 48 were taken captive by the Mountain Men his goggles went missing, but it has since been revealed that Raven was holding onto it for him. In season three and four, Jasper shaves all his hair and grows out a small beard and mustache.
Throughout the series', Jasper was not involved in many relationships. Throughout series 1, it was evident that Jasper had liked Octavia, although this crush soon died off in series 2 when Jasper had gone to Mount Weather and met Maya
- Main article: Octavia and Jasper
- "I'd go through hell to find her."
- - Jasper regarding Octavia's disappearance.[src]
Octavia and Jasper first meet in "Pilot" when he, Clarke, Finn and Octavia go on a trip to find Mount Weather. After they see a river Octavia decides to jump in and take a swim. The others are going to join her until a river snake comes and attempts to kill her. Jasper goes in and manages to rescue her. Octavia only gets minor bite marks and is very thankful of Jasper. When he is later found in Grounder territory and is taken back to the camp, Octavia caters to him along with Monty. After he wakes up he finds that he has won Octavia's heart.
In "Murphy's Law", Octavia takes care of Jasper. She tries to get him out of camp and shows him he does not need to worry. When Monty tries to make contact with the Ark but connection fails, Jasper sits on the floor and Octavia follows him. He laments that he is cursed however she says it is not true. She then tells him that he is brave and kisses him.Later in "His Sister's Keeper", his affections towards Octavia seem to be more significant, with Jasper even willing to risk his life to find Octavia when she is taken. It is also revealed that Jasper had seen Octavia on the Ark and found her attractive saying, "whoa, who's that?" to a friend beside him.
- Main article: Monty and Jasper
- Main article: Clarke and Jasper
Jasper and Clarke Griffin have a stable relationship. In "Earth Skills", Clarke searches for Jasper with Finn, Bellamy and Murphy. When she finds Jasper tied to a tree as bait, she is horrified and helps get him down and returns him to camp. In "Earth Kills", Clarke goes with Finn and Wells to find medicine for Jasper. When he recovers in the episode, Clarke is happy he survived. They create a close bond and become close friends.
However, when Jasper finds out that Clarke, Bellamy, and Monty are responsible for the deaths of everyone on Mount Weather, his friendship with them (including Clarke) is damaged heavily. Jasper has currently not forgiven Clarke for what she has done.
In Season 3, they don't meet again until the end of "Fallen", he saves her life letting her get in the rover but as she frantically asks questions he demands she shut up. Later, in "Nevermore", Clarke is shocked that her mother let the chipped Arkadian's shoot at her and Jasper snarkily remarks that he can see the appeal. He later tells Clarke she doesn't just get to give orders showing he is still very hurt by her actions.In "Eden," two months after the second Primfaya, Clarke finds a box in the ruins of Arkadia with some of Jasper's belongings, including his goggles and a note to Monty. Seeing this causes Clarke to burst into tears in grief for her lost friend and she begins to wonder if Jasper didn't have the right idea with the desolate world that was left after Primfaya.
John MurphyMurphy and Jasper have a hostile relationship. In "Pilot," Murphy picks a fight with Wells after he shoves Jasper but this seems to be more out of his hatred of Wells than his support for Jasper. In "Earth Kills", Jasper's dying moans keep Murphy up so he decides to go and kill him earlier than Bellamy ordered, however, Octavia and Monty stop him. In "Murphy's Law" Jasper tries to stop Murphy when he decides to punish Charlotte and ends up getting punched by him. In "We Are Grounders (Part 1)", Murphy takes Jasper hostage after Jasper witnesses him killing Myles.
- Main article: Jasper and Maya
At the start of Season Two Maya and Jasper are introduced after the 48 have been taken by Mount Weather. When Jasper goes to get a piece of chocolate cake and finds there are none left, Maya, who is sitting at a nearby table, laughs and gives him her slice. They talk while he sits down and eats with her and from then on develops a crush. In "Human Trials" he saves her life by giving her a blood transfusion after she gets sick from radiation poisoning. They share a kiss in "Remember Me" when trying to avoid suspicion for being in a room they aren't allowed after placing the radio to communicate with the Ark survivors on the ground.Maya then secretly works with the delinquents in order to help them escape from Mount Weather. Cage even threatens Maya's life in "Resurrection" because he knows that Maya means a lot to Jasper, and Jasper desperately tries to figure out ways on how he could save her.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Credit Only|
|His Sister's Keeper||Appears|
|Contents Under Pressure||Mentioned|
|I Am Become Death||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Credit Only|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Credit Only|
|Coup de Grâce||Appears|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Appears|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Credit Only|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Stealing Fire||Credit Only|
|Join or Die||Appears|
|Red Sky at Morning||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Appears|
|The Four Horsemen||Credit Only|
|A Lie Guarded||Appears|
|The Tinder Box||Mentioned|
|We Will Rise||Appears|
|Gimme Shelter||Credit Only|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Credit Only|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Absent|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
- 2 Grounders in the trees (shot)
- Several Grounders on a bridge (caused by an explosion from a bomb made by Raven)
- Possibly numerous unnamed Grounders during Trikru-Delinquent Conflict
- 300 Grounders (ignition of the remaining dropship fuel with Raven and Clarke)
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing (blocked the lift door open to allow the radiation in)
- 3 Mount Weather Guards (axed)
- Himself (suicide; drug overdose)
Notes and Trivia
- Jasper Jordan may be descended from The Grounder Dane Jordan.
- Jasper mentioned in "Unity Day" that his parents make gunpowder on the Ark. He also says his father loves scrap metal.
- Jasper is listed as being 15/16 years old in an early version of the "Pilot" script but his age has never been confirmed onscreen.
- He and Monty were arrested on the Ark less than a year before "Pilot".
- According to writers the two boys were able to create a grow room in the walls and grew their own herbs but were caught when Monty forgot to replace what they had stolen, resulting in their imprisonment. 
- Jasper is the first Delinquent to have contact with living Grounders.
- He is also the first Delinquent to be attacked by the Grounders.
- Jasper is the first character to directly and purposefully kill a Grounder on-screen when he shoots the two Grounders in "Unity Day." Previously, the Delinquents accidentally burned down a Grounder village in "Twilight's Last Gleaming" but it was off-screen and its unknown how many Grounders were killed in the event.
- Devon Bostick confirmed on Twitter his character Jasper was supposed to die in "Pilot", being pierced in the chest by a spear. However, the cast and crew liked him so much, Jasper's fate was changed.
- Jasper was again supposed to die in "Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)" by committing suicide after getting out of the City of Light. The scene was filmed but did not make it to the episode because "it was too dark". This planned ending for Jasper was hinted at in "Echoes" when he planned to commit suicide soon after being released from the City of Light, only to stop upon learning of the Second Nuclear Apocalypse.
- Jasper remained alive until "The Other Side." However, in his letter to Monty, Jasper admitted to being suicidal and that he was going to shoot himself in the head after getting out of the City of Light but quickly changed his mind about that.
- Jasper saw Octavia before they landed on Earth. He was also friends with Monty from childhood onward.
- Clarke was the first person Jasper flirted with while on Earth, followed quickly by Octavia.
- Jason Rothenberg tweeted that Jasper was "head over heels" for Maya and no longer has feelings for anyone else directly after her death. Indeed, Jasper was shown to be devastated by Maya's death for the rest of his life and the depression it caused was a big factor in his ultimate suicide.
- In "Watch the Thrones," Jasper possessed and spilled Finn's ashes to the ground near the Dropship.
- Jasper is the fifth main character to be killed on The 100. First is Wells, Finn is the second, Lincoln is the third and Roan is the fourth.
- Jasper tried to kill himself in "Echoes," but was inadvertently interrupted by Monty. He later revealed this suicide attempt after learning of the coming Second Nuclear Apocalypse.
- Jasper was the first main character to commit suicide. The second was Kane.
- He's the namesake for Monty and Harper's son, Jordan Green.
|To edit this gallery, go to Jasper Jordan/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
- The 100 Writers Room (11 Apr 2014) Tweet - @The100writers