The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Jason Rothenberg is the Executive Producer and Lead Writer for the series.
The 100 Facts
Rothenberg has live-tweeted the following facts about The 100 while the episodes are airing.
- Earth Skills is a mandatory course taught on the Ark. Goal being to pass survival skills down from gen to gen. —10:52 AM - 26 Mar 2014
- Three generations of exposure to solar radiation in space provides some immunity for the 100 once on the ground. —11:49 AM - 26 Mar 2014
- Population of the Ark in the pilot?
2094. Subtract 101 after 5 minutes. How low will it go? —12:04 PM - 26 Mar 2014
- On the Ark, the last generation from the ground are known as The Grounders. It's our Greatest Generation. All dead. Or are they? —12:15 PM - 26 Mar 2014
- The ship that brought the 100 to the ground is known as an 'Exodus Ship'. Part of 'Project Exodus'. There are no others. Yet. —1:40 PM - 26 Mar 2014
- The Ark is made up of the space stations of 12 Nations PLUS thousands of satellites harvested from space over the years. —2:41 PM - 26 Mar 2014
- One good thing about living on the Ark: No earthquakes. —9:15 PM - 28 Mar 2014
- On the Ark, technology stopped advancing after the bombs. All brain power turned toward keeping the human race alive in space. —9:31 AM - 30 Mar 2014
- All satellites have long since stopped working. Most have been harvested for parts by the Ark. This is why they're Earth blind. —9:34 AM - 30 Mar 2014
- Took us a while to decide which sport they'd watch here. As the Ark is formed from many nations, international soccer felt right. —12:01 AM - 3 Apr 2014
- When people die on the Ark, all their belongings get redistributed to the population. Nothing goes to waste. —12:04 AM - 3 Apr 2014
- Agro Station. They make moonshine. And grow the soy that goes into the Ark diet. It's also where Jasper and Monty grew stuff. —12:28 AM - 3 Apr 2014
- Lindsey Morgan introduces us to the seedier sections of the Ark. Nygel’s a woman who knows how to get things. —9:17 PM - 9 Apr 2014
- Look closely at that book. It’s a list of everyone who’s ever lived on the Ark, starting with the last generation of Grounders. —9:34 PM - 9 Apr 2014
- Religion on the Ark has shifted to reflect the idea of “going home.” Very Earth-centric. The ground = heaven. —9:35 PM - 9 Apr 2014
- Believers each donate part of their daily allotment of water to keep the tree, a small remnant of Earth, alive. —9:36 PM - 9 Apr 2014
- Kane has left his mother’s church, but does he still believe? —12:35 AM - 10 Apr 2014
- The Hundred was the name of the project designed to send the prisoners to Earth. Not dependent on # of kids left. —12:49 AM - 10 Apr 2014
- There are no more dropships. Earth wasn't supposed to be survivable for 100 years. —9:23 PM - 16 Apr 2014
- Shooting stars don’t look the same on the Ark. There’d be no streaking light from the atmosphere. Nothing to wish on. —12:07 AM - 17 Apr 2014
- As the world was ending, a lucky few escaped to the 12 space stations on ships like this. —10:16 AM - 18 Apr 2014
- When a normal citizen dies on the Ark, they are symbolically “returned to Earth.” This is what it looks like with 320 bodies. —9:08 PM - 23 Apr 2014
- Last-minute signature for @WilliamShatner from @clarkinlarkin! PS: There may be an Easter Egg in this photo. —2:33 PM - 24 Apr 2014
- PS... It's a whiskey bottle.
- It was brought up by an astronaut, never opened & now passes from Chancellor to Chancellor to be opened on Earth.
- @IWashington The Brazilian flag is on the Ark, Mr. Chancellor. We see it clearly at a key key moment in the finale. —11:39 AM - 25 Apr 2014
- Yes, it is. And in 2 different places!! We saw it :D —The 100 Brasil 11:50 AM - 25 Apr 2014
- THIS IS AMAZING! Whoever made it, I think I love you! - United Ark Federation PSA: http://youtu.be/F3W9TQRtRkE —4:15 PM - 25 Apr 2014
- Wouldn't the 320 sacrificed on the Ark have remained in orbit when floated?
- Yes, for a while, unless they were propelled into the atmosphere. There's a bit of fiction in our science fiction. —8:53 PM - 25 Apr 2014
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.