|“||We saw the missile, heard the blast, figured you could use some help.||”|
|— Sinclair leading Sky People to help the Grounders in Tondc [src]|
Sinclair was the Chief Engineer and a former inhabitant of the Ark. On the ground, he continued his duties and supervised the construction of Camp Jaha. In "Demons," he was killed by Carl Emerson while protecting Raven Reyes. In "The Other Side," he returns as a hallucination to help Raven solve her deteriorating condition.
Early Life Edit
Throughout the Series Edit
In Nevermind, Clarke experiences a flashback of Sinclair freeing Raven from A.L.I.E.'s control using an EMP after the hallucination of the AI in her mind reminds her that the same technique can be used to destroy Clarke's neural mesh if Josephine Lightbourne gets her hands on the memory.
In False Gods, while trying to fix Sanctum's nuclear reactor, James Crockett states that Sinclair was his mentor and a genius at jury-rigging the Ark's reactor. As a result, James thinks he can fix Sanctum's reactor in his sleep. However, he accidentally causes the reactor to begin to meltdown instead, killing him in the process.
Sinclair acts mostly neutral and is loyal and formal towards his superiors. Unlike many characters, Sinclair has shown little to no personal feelings/views in regard to peace or war with the Grounders.
Physical Appearance Edit
Sinclair was of average height and has frizzy black and gray hair. He also has brown eyes.
Sinclair and Jaha share a professional relationship. Sinclair listens to Jaha and goes by all of his orders without question.
Sinclair and Abigail share a professional relationship. They work together in the Monitoring Station. Sinclair watches the screen which shows the status of the Delinquents. He helps Abigail figure out why the delinquents' wristband signals stop transmitting.
- Main article: Raven and Sinclair
Sinclair and Raven used to work together on the Ark. Despite being co-workers, they share a strong bond and have a father-daughter relationship. While preparing the EMP to free Raven from A.L.I.E., Sinclair expressed worry about potentially harming the smartest girl he knows. They both care a lot about each other. Raven is seen deeply affected by Sinclair's death. Notably, when Raven was dying, it was Sinclair her mind summoned to help save her, who convinced her to fight and helped Raven come up with a solution. When her Sinclair hallucination states that he will be gone if the plan works, Raven says that he is always with her.
|Twilight's Last Gleaming||Appears|
|His Sister's Keeper||Absent|
|Contents Under Pressure||Appears|
|I Am Become Death||Absent|
|We Are Grounders (Part 1)||Appears|
|We Are Grounders (Part 2)||Appears|
|Many Happy Returns||Appears|
|Fog of War||Absent|
|Long Into an Abyss||Absent|
|Survival of the Fittest||Appears|
|Coup de Grâce||Mentioned|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Absent|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Absent|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Absent|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Appears|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Absent|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Mentioned|
|The Four Horsemen||Absent|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Absent|
|The Other Side||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Absent|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Absent|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Absent|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Absent|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
|A Little Sacrifice||TBD|
- Sinclair: "Ladies and gentlemen the fence is hot. Trust me you do not want to go near it".
- — in Many Happy Returns
- Raven Reyes: "What's wrong?"
- Jacapo Sinclair: "What's wrong? I didn't die so you could kill yourself."
- Raven Reyes: "I'm not killing myself. I'm -- I'm dying. There's a difference."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "The Raven Reyes I know doesn't quit. She keeps fighting."
- Raven Reyes: "What's happening to my brain isn't something you can fight."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "How do you know? Have you tried? Before you junk this beautiful mind on a whim, let's say we look under the hood first? Kick the tires. I'm guessing there's still a few good miles in there."
- Raven Reyes: "Ok."
- — in The Other Side
- Raven Reyes: "Using an electromagnetic pulse to get A.L.I.E. out of my head was like shutting down a computer by pulling the plug."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "Part of the code is still in your head."
- Raven Reyes: "Exactly, which is why I'm Super Raven. And about to be super dead."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "Unless we can purge the code, stop the damage from getting worse, give your brain time to repair itself. How would you do it to a computer?"
- Raven Reyes: "Purge the residual code? Simple. Just reboot it."
- Becca Franco: "The human brain is not a computer."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "No kidding. That's why your code is killing her. Now listen to me. You'd have to stop your heart long enough for all electrical activity in your brain to stop, too."
- Becca Franco: "15 minutes. She'll be brain dead long before she can get her heart started again."
- Raven Reyes: "Not if I was frozen. Well, not frozen. But just really damn cold."
- Becca Franco: "Raven, the suit is ready. It's T-minus now and counting. Let's go for a walk in the stars."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "She's not going to space to die. She's going in the bunker to live."
- Becca Franco: "Even if this idea doesn't kill you, you will just be normal again."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "She was never normal."
- Becca Franco: "Maybe not, but with me in her brain, she's Da Vinci, Einstein, Mozart."
- Jacapo Sinclair: "And I choose Raven Reyes over those 3 hacks any day and twice on Sunday."
- Becca Franco: "Enough. Raven, what makes you think that the future will be any different than the past? Even if you live, the pain will still be with you."
- Raven Reyes: "I don't choose pain. I choose life. Let's get to work."
- — in The Other Side
Notes and Trivia Edit
- In "We Are Grounders (Part 1)," it was revealed that Sinclair has a wife. It is unknown if she is still alive or not. In "Nevermore," he says that Raven is all that he has left, implying that his wife is gone.
- He studied Latin.
- In "Red Sky at Morning," it was revealed that his first name was "Jacapo" by Jaha and A.L.I.E. when she mentions his death. This also gave away that someone in Arkadia had taken the chip.
- Lindsey Morgan speculates that Sinclair is Raven's dad.
- He was Monty Green's and James Crockett's mentor.
- Sinclair appears in "The Other Side" as a hallucination to Raven, and he persuades her to "choose life" instead of going into space to die.
- He is one of the few recurring and major characters with no known kills either directly or indirectly.
- While Raven is the first one to make radio contact with the Ark from the ground in "Contents Under Pressure," Sinclair is the first one to make radio contact with the ground from the Ark when he responds to Raven's hails.
|To edit this gallery, go to Jacapo Sinclair/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.
See Also Edit
- ↑ The 100: Lindsey Morgan on Raven Beginning Season 3 "The Worse She's Ever Been", IGN, January 21, 2016