|“||My sister, my responsibility.||”|
|— Bellamy to Octavia|
Clarke and Diyoza make a deal to share the valley as Clarke takes out Octavia even if it means killing her. Bellamy makes it clear that he won't kill his sister; but Clarke insists that it might be the only way they get to peace and save Madi who has now been promoted to Octavia's second in command. There must be another way to make Octavia surrender. They agree that Octavia might surrender if she didn't have her weapons - the worms. So, Clarke, Bellamy and Indra hatch a plan to kill Cooper with the worms; then destroy all the worms and make it look like an accident.
At the valley, Echo suggests to Raven that they should kill Shaw. Since Raven is the only other person with Shaw's skills, she would then be put in charge of the ship, which could be their way to victory. Raven doesn't like the idea. She then gets called to the medical room to assist Abby in making the medical equipment Abby needs to help treat some of the prisoners. She is so happy to be reunited with Abby. She asks Abby why she's helping Diyoza instead of letting them die. Abby claims that Diyoza threatened her. Raven starts working on the equipment
Raven goes to tell Abby that it's complete, she is disappointed to find Abby passed out because of drugs. She figures out that Abby has been working for Diyoza in exchange for her feeding to her drug addiction. Raven freaks out and confronts Abby about it. She tries to destroy the equipment but Abby shock her through her collar. After that experience, Raven is willing to do whatever it takes to save Abby and her people from Diyoza. So, she gives Echo a promise to never let Shaw suffer. Raven then talks during which she reveals that her mother died because of her alcoholism.
Diyoza gets a call from Murphy and Emori revealing that they trapped McCreary. They are willing to offer McCreary back alive in exchange for Raven. When Kane tells Diyoza that they can't trust Murphy, she tells Murphy to kill McCreary if they want to. Diyoza then tells Kane that she wants McCreary dead because he and his followers are very difficult to work with. Later, Diyoza and Kane start planning how they are going to build the valley. She reveals to Kane that she is pregnant and hopes that they can build a school for her baby girl to go.
When McCreary wakes up, Murphy reveals that Diyoza didn't care about him. McCreary becomes angry at Diyoza but is impressed by Murphy's bomb skills. He asks Murphy to join his gang. So, they come up with a plan for McCreary to pretend that he's captured Murphy, but take him into the camp to rescue Raven. Emori half-heartedly agrees to the plan. When McCreary arrives at the valley, Diyoza watches as she marches down to face him.
Back at the bunker, Clarke, Bellamy and Indra's plan goes as planned. Indra calls Octavia to report that she found Cooper killed by the worms. Octavia quickly figures out that Clarke and Bellamy are the ones who killed Cooper trying to make it look like an accident. Octavia reveals that Cooper would have never gone back there because they were never planning on using the worms - they were going to use the eggs. So, the plan to go to the valley is still back on. Octavia orders for Clarke to be arrested but spares her brother. Later that evening, Bellamy joins Octavia while eating. Octavia shares rations with him and he shares the bread back. Bellamy tells Octavia that no matter what happens, he loves her. He tells Octavia that they made a deal with Diyoza to surrender and share the valley. Octavia is surprised at how far Bellamy will go to protect a traitor he loves. First, Echo and now, Clarke.
A few moments after taking the bite, Octavia starts choking. Bellamy reveals that he poisoned the food with the poisonous algae which would send Octavia into a coma. By the time Octavia wakes up, they will have settled in the valley. Bellamy watches his sister succumb to the poison and slip into a coma.
Guest Starring Edit
- Vinson: "Inspiration loves company."
- Octavia Blake (to Bellamy about Clarke): "Here we go again, pleading for the life of a traitor who you love."
- Monty Green: "I don't want to be a killer anymore. I don't want to take lives to save them."
- Harper McIntyre: "Then don't."
- Monty Green: "What if I say no and people we care about die?"
- Harper McIntyre: "They might, but everyone dies, Monty. Let's show them how to live."
- John Murphy (about McCreary): "Last chance, our hostage for yours."
- Charmaine Diyoza: "May God have mercy on his soul."
- Charmaine Diyoza: "Come on, Kane. Without graveyard McCreary, my internal problem is solved. Without the Red Queen, our problem external is. This is how we get to peace."
- Marcus Kane: "Is it? Because from where I'm standing, it looks like we're trading one dictator for another. Political assassinations, torture, wrongful imprisonment."
- Charmaine Diyoza: "This is about me giving Abby pills."
- Marcus Kane: "You mean, feeding an addict's addiction to save your people's lives without a thought for the life you're destroying? Yes. It is. I've seen the horrors we inflict on each other in the name of survival, Colonel. God knows I'm as guilty as anyone. But we're on the brink here, on the edge of an abyss I've stared into before, and I can tell you, having sacrificed the few to save the many more times than I care to admit. Eventually, the few becomes the many. The ends don't always justify the means, and if you don't know that by now after everything you've been through, then you're just as bad as Octavia. And we're already lost."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The episode's title is retrieved from a line used by Charmaine Diyoza when talking to Kane about killing Paxton McCreary and Octavia Blake: "This is how we get to peace."
- Abigail Griffin and Raven Reyes are reunited in this episode.
- Near the end of the episode, after Octavia orders Clarke's execution, Bellamy comes to talk to Octavia. Octavia states, "Here we go again, pleading for the life of a traitor who you love," to which Bellamy does not respond.
- This episode is Luisa d'Oliveira's 20th episode.
Body Count Edit
- Kara Cooper – killed by worms released by Bellamy and Clarke
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Several of the baby names Diyoza is considering are the first names of the female writers and writers' assistants for the TV series, including:
- Diyoza shares first name with one of the series' writers, Charmaine DeGrate.
- A fake title, "Secret Weapon", was initially leaked in November 2017. When The CW issued the press release for the episode on June 6, 2018, it listed the fake episode title instead of the real one. The CW corrected the press release shortly afterwards.
Production Notes Edit
- Filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
See Also Edit
- ↑ https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/06/the-100-episode-508-secret-weapon-press.html
- ↑ https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/11/the-100-episodes-507-508-titles-revealed.html
- ↑ http://www.ksitetv.com/the-100/the-100-spoilers-secret-weapon-description/180457/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/1004514332296671232