|— Octavia [src]|
Hope Diyoza is a major character in the seventh season, after appearing as a minor character in the sixth season. She is portrayed by cast member Shelby Flannery and debuts in "The Old Man and the Anomaly".
Her mother, Charmaine had been pregnant for almost 235 years due to the two times she went into cryosleep before she stepped into the Anomaly. Hope was born inside and after 20 years she was able to finally come back from it.
Throughout the Series
In The Old Man and the Anomaly, on the way to the Anomaly, Charmaine hallucinates a 5-year-old Hope. Not being able to resist, she follows this vision into the Anomaly, perceiving that she is holding the hand of her future child.
In The Blood of Sanctum, after Gabriel interacted with the Anomaly Stone using symbols on Octavia's back, the Anomaly began expanding and affecting everything outside, causing a huge green dust storm. When the team comes upstairs, Hope shows up at their tent. She speaks to Octavia like she has known her for some time, telling that she has no choice and her mother is in danger. Octavia seems to understand what it's all about, seems to start remembering what happened to herself in the Anomaly. Hope comes closer and stabs Octavia with a hand-made knife. Octavia whispers to her to be brave and to tell him that the job is done. After Octavia disintegrates into green dust and disappears, Hope falls unconscious.
she daughter and friend
|How We Get to Peace||Mentioned|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Absent|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Mentioned|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
- Hope Diyoza: "I couldn't get off it. He has my mother. I'm so sorry, Octavia."
- Octavia Blake: "Be brave. Tell him it's done."
- -- The Blood of Sanctum
She no kill.
Notes and Trivia
- She is the second person to come out of the Anomaly. The first one was Octavia Blake.
- She is the second child born to a recurring character during the series. The first one was Jordan Green.
- She also the second child of a recurring character to be promoted to a main character after one previous appearance, also following Jordan.
- She, James Crockett, Blythe Ann Workman, Jae Workman, Russell Lightbourne, Gabriel Santiago and Cassius are the only characters introduced in Season Six that are still known to be alive.
- Marcus Kane suggested to her mother that her name be "Hope" while she was still in the womb.