|“||I don't want to hurt you.||”|
|— Hope to Echo [src]|
Hope Diyoza is a major character in the seventh season, after appearing as a minor character in the sixth season. She is portrayed by cast member Shelby Flannery and debuts in "The Old Man and the Anomaly".
Her mother, Charmaine had been pregnant for almost 235 years due to the two times she went into cryosleep before she went through the Anomaly to another planet. Hope was born a different planet and after 20 years she was able to finally come back from it, due to the time dilation.
Diyoza is about to give birth by herself when Octavia emerges from the Anomaly and helps her to deliver the baby. Over the next several years, Diyoza and Octavia raise Hope together, forming their own family with Octavia becoming Auntie O to Hope. Octavia teaches her about gardening, while Diyoza talks about biology and math. The planet is eventually named Skyring by Hope.
Four years later, ten years after their arrival on Skyring, Diyoza teases Octavia about repairing her clothes from their arrival when men arrive on Skyring through the Anomaly from Bardo. The men reveal that they have the message Octavia tossed into the Anomaly and Diyoza futilely attempts to cover for her friend. Failing, Diyoza yells at Octavia to come out and save Hope at any cost. Octavia gets captured as well, but manages to hide Hope from detection. The men, the Disciples, place helmets upon Diyoza and Octavia so that they will remember everything and disappear with them through the Anomaly to Bardo. Hope later runs around shouting for her mom, but no one is answering. A few months after Octavia and Diyoza are taken, Dev, a prisoner from Bardo arrives on Skyring to serve a ten-year sentence for breaking one of the Disciples' principal laws. Dev takes care of Hope, helping to raise and train her for the day that the Disciples come back for him in ten years. However, their ambush goes wrong, resulting in Dev's death, forcing Hope to effect a rescue mission for her mother and Octavia on her own. With the help of Levitt, a Disciple scientist who befriended Octavia, Hope is able to rescue Octavia and return her to Sanctum, but is captured in the process and forced to help the Disciples recapture Octavia.
Throughout the Series
In Acceptable Losses, Diyoza reveals to Abby that she is pregnant. In How We Get to Peace, Diyoza reveals to Marcus Kane that she is pregnant with an unborn daughter, whom they decide to name "Hope". In Sic Semper Tyrannis, during the fight between Diyoza and Paxton McCreary, Diyoza reveals to McCreary that she is pregnant with his baby. In Damocles (Part 2), Clarke threatens McCreary's unborn baby in an attempt to get him to stand down.
In The Old Man and the Anomaly, on the way to the Anomaly, Diyoza hallucinates a 5-year-old Hope. Not being able to resist, she follows this vision into the Anomaly, perceiving that she is holding the hand of her future child. In The Blood of Sanctum, after Gabriel Santiago and Octavia Blake input the symbols tattooed on Octavia's back into Anomaly Stone, the Anomaly expands, surrounding the Verge. A grown Hope emerges whom Octavia immediately recognizes. Hope tells Octavia that she has no choice and that her mother is in danger. Hope stabs Octavia who whispers to her to be brave and to tell "him" that the job is done. As Echo and Gabriel restrain Hope, Octavia vanishes as the Anomaly returns to normal.
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|
Hope has her mother's light brown hair which she wears in a sort of messy bun with accessories braided in it. She has tattoos and drawings on her face which seem to be the same symbols as Octavia's back tattoo. Her clothing looks like the clothes of a Grounder.
In Season 7, like Echo, Hope cuts her hair shorter and dyed her hair blonde.
- Main article: Hope and Charmaine
- Main article: Octavia and Hope
- Main article: Jordan and Hope
|How We Get to Peace||Mentioned|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Mentioned|
|The Warriors Will||Absent|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Mentioned|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Mentioned|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
|From the Ashes||Appears|
|False Gods||Credit Only|
|Welcome to Bardo||Appears|
|The Queen's Gambit||Appears|
|A Little Sacrifice||Appears|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Appears|
|The Dying of the Light||Appears|
|The Last War||Appears|
- Hope Diyoza: "I couldn't get out of it. He has my mother. I'm so sorry, Octavia."
- Octavia Blake: "Be brave. Tell him it's done."
- -- The Blood of Sanctum
- 1 Disciple (stabbed in the throat)
- 3 Disciples (stabbed to death after arriving on Bardo)
- A Stone Conductor
- Anders (throat slit)
- Charmaine Diyoza (caused; sacrificed herself to stop Hope's release of Gen-9)
Notes and Trivia
- She is the second person to come out of the Anomaly on Sanctum. The first one was Octavia Blake.
- She is the second child born to a recurring character during the series. The first one was Jordan Green.
- She also the second child of a recurring character to be promoted to a main character after one previous appearance, also following Jordan.
- She, Blythe Ann Workman, Jae Workman, and Trey are the only characters introduced in Season Six that are known to still be alive.
- Marcus Kane suggested to her mother that her name be "Hope" while she was still in the womb.
- Because there is a time dilation from the Anomaly (time is perceived differently, expected faster) Hope is born on a different planet and returns as 20 years old in the same (Sanctum) year.
- Hope is the sixth and last main character to debut after the first season. (Echo was the first, Roan was the second, Jordan Green was the third, Sheidheda was the fourth, Gabriel Santiago was the fifth).
- As of "Hesperides," Hope is considered a Level 12 Disciple thanks to the training she received over 4 years and 8 months from Orlando. Previously she had received training equating to a Level 7 from Dev.
|To edit this gallery, go to Hope Diyoza/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.