|“||Sometimes, I wish I was never even born.||”|
|— Octavia to Aurora and Bellamy.|
When Bellamy's little sister Octavia goes missing from camp, he gathers a group of delinquents to help him in his search for her. His search leads the group into Grounder territory and takes a deadly turn. Flashbacks reveal Bellamy and Octavia's childhood on the Ark.
Meanwhile, Clarke Griffin and Raven Reyes search for a way to contact the Ark. Raven tries her hand at bonding with Clarke over her mother, not knowing about the tension between the mother and daughter. Raven also begins to notice a connection between Finn and Clarke.
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin (credit only)
- Thomas McDonell as Finn Collins
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green (credit only)
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha (credit only)
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane (credit only)
- Bellamy Blake: "You're up?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Yeah, knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep."
- Bellamy Blake: "Raven's flares will work."
- Clarke Griffin: "A radio would've worked better."
- Bellamy Blake: "Have you seen Octavia?"
- Clarke Griffin: "No, I mean . . . it's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."
- Bellamy Blake: "Hey, everybody gather around. Grab a weapon. My sister has been out there alone for twelve hours. Arm up; we're not coming back without her."
- Raven Reyes: "They didn't work, they didn't see the flares."
- Bellamy: "A meteor shower tells you that?"
- Clarke Griffin: " It's not a meteor shower, it's a funeral - hundreds of bodies being returned to the Earth. This is what it looks like from the other side. They didn't get our message."
- Raven Reyes (to Bellamy): "This is all because of you."
- Bellamy Blake: "I helped you find the radio."
- Raven Reyes: "Yeah, after you jacked it from my pod and trashed it."
- Clarke Griffin: "Yeah, he knows. Now he has to live with it."
- Finn Collins (upon seeing a lot of skeletons strung up on trees): "I don't speak Grounder... but I'm pretty sure this means keep out."
- Jasper Jordan (about Octavia Blake): "I'd walk into hell to find her."
- Finn Collins: "Looks like we just did."
- Bellamy Blake: "O, you know the drill."
- Young Octavia: "I hate the drill. Sometimes I wish I was never even born."
- Lieutenant Shumway: "Cadet Blake. Why is your weapon out? Mask off."
- Bellamy Blake: "Uh, sir, she's -- she's fine. I already scanned her."
- Lieutenant Shumway: "You don't have a scanner. ID please."
- Bellamy Blake: "No, please, Lieutenant Shumway, I'm begging you, she needs to leave. As a fellow Guardsman... just let us walk out of here and I'll do anything you want. Anything."
- Lieutenant Shumway: "You're not a Guardsman yet, Cadet. ID, now. (Octavia runs) Stop her."
- Raven Reyes: "Finn always does that. Finds the beauty in the unexpected."
- Raven Reyes: "Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me Finn didn't make this for you. Tell me you weren't screwing my boyfriend as I was risking my ass to come down here."
- Clarke Griffin: "I can't tell you that."
- Raven Reyes: "He made one for me, too. Just in case you thought you were special."
- Clarke Griffin: "Do you think I wanted this? I didn't even know you existed. Look, as far as he knew you were dead, Raven, or you would've been soon enough. My mom, too, and everyone we ever knew on the Ark. There was nothing we could do to stop it."
- Raven Reyes: "He could've waited more than ten days."
- Commander Shumway: "Cadet Blake."
- Bellamy Blake: "It's Janitor Blake now, Lieutenant."
- Commander Shumway: "Commander. A lot's changed in the past year. May I?"
- Bellamy Blake: "You've got some nerve coming in here after pushing the button that floated my mother."
- Commander Shumway: "I was following orders."
- Bellamy Blake: "What the hell do you want from me?"
- Commander Shumway: "You were a hell of a Guardsman, Bellamy, you know that? Smart, hardworking, resourceful."
- Bellamy Blake: "I wasn't a Guardsman. That's what you said. I remember."
- Commander Shumway: "You also said you'd do anything to protect your sister. I remember too. I hope that's still true."
- Bellamy Blake: "Is she ok?"
- Commander Shumway: "What I'm about to tell you is classified. Chancellor Jaha has approved a mission to Earth. He's sending the juvenile prisoners to the ground. 100 of them. Your sister included."
- Bellamy Blake: "N-No. You can't. It's not safe. You have to stop them."
- Commander Shumway: "I wish I could. What I can do is get you a seat on that dropship. You're right. It's doubtful those kid will survive, but if you're there, at least Octavia won't be alone."
- Bellamy Blake: "What do I have to do?"
- Commander Shumway: (hands Bellamy a gun): "Kill the Chancellor."
- Bellamy Blake: "How about I kill you instead?"
- Commander Shumway: "Kill me and your sister goes alone to a radiation-soaked planet and you get floated like your mother. Ship launches in 20 minutes, Bellamy. If we're gonna do this, we have to leave. Right now."
- Octavia Blake: "Stop blaming me for your mistakes! What happened to Finn is not my fault. I wanted to leave, so if Finn dies in there, that's on you. Everything that's gone wrong is because of you. You got me locked up on The Ark. You wanted me to go to that stupid dance. You got mom killed!"
- Bellamy Blake: "Me? Mom was floated for having you. She's dead because you're alive. That was her choice. I didn't have a choice. My life ended the day you were born."
Notes and Trivia
- The flashbacks in this episode start 17 years ago and end 20 minutes before the events of "Pilot."
- Bellamy, Finn, and the group are attacked by the Grounders when crossing into their territory.
- It is revealed that Bellamy gave Octavia her name and was responsible for her from the day she was born.
- Out of anger, Bellamy reveals he blamed Octavia for their mother's death.
- The bodies of those who died in the Culling enter the Earth's atmosphere and are seen by the Delinquents.
- It's revealed that Bellamy made a deal with Commander Shumway to kill Chancellor Jaha so he could make it to the ground with Octavia.
- Raven confronts Clarke about her relationship with Finn.
- While on the Ark, Bellamy snuck Octavia into a Masquerade party, where she was discovered by the then-Lieutenant Shumway.
- Lincoln took Octavia into his cave, fixed her leg, and protected her from the other Grounders.
- Lincoln blew the fog horn that saved Bellamy and the rest of the search party from death.
- Finn was wounded by Lincoln in this episode.
- The current population of the 100 is 90.
- The boy Jasper talks to at the Unity Day Masquerade is named "Horace."
- This is the first episode in which Abby did not appear.
- The episode title, "His Sister's Keeper", refers to Bellamy being responsible for his sister. This is a topic that is addressed multiple times throughout the series as Bellamy and Octavia's sibling relationship changes.
- The term derives from the Bible story of Cain and Abel.
- When Finn hears the fog horn, he immediately realizes that it means Acid Fog. This is because in "Earth Kills," as the Acid Fog approached, Clarke, Finn and Wells heard the same fog horn which they suspected to be a war cry or a warning right before the fog hit.
- The Ark only appears in flashbacks in this episode though a star moving across the sky during the funeral scene might be the Ark at a distance since Clarke pointed out a similar star as the Ark to Charlotte in "Earth Kills."
- John Mbege (throat slit by a Grounder)
- Diggs (impaled by a Grounder trap)
- Roma (speared by a Grounder)
- Aurora Blake (floated by Commander Shumway off-screen for having an illegal second child)
Behind the Scenes
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|
|Down The Road||Tetra||C2C||Purchase|
|When A Fire Starts To Burn||Settle||Disclosure||Purchase|