Life and Career Edit
Henry Ian Cusick was born in Trujillo, Peru, to a Peruvian mother (Esperanza Chávez) and a Scottish father (Henry Joseph Cusick). When he was two, his family moved to Madrid, Spain, then Glasgow, before moving to Trinidad and Tobago, where they lived for ten years. There Cusick attended Presentation College, San Fernando. He moved to Paisley, Scotland, with his family at the age of fourteen. Cusick attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and was asked to resign in his second year there. He got his first acting role at the Citizens' Theatre as an understudy in the Christmas Panto playing a polar bear. He appeared in various productions for the Strathclyde Theatre Group in Glasgow. He is fluent in both English and Spanish, and was raised Roman Catholic.
Cusick began his career as a classical theatre actor. His first leading roles on stage included: Dorian Gray in The Picture of Dorian Gray with Rupert Everett. Cusick began taking television and film roles. After appearing in recurring roles in series such as Casualty and The Book Group, he starred as Jesus Christ in the 2003 film The Visual Bible: The Gospel of John. His largest role to date came in 2005 when he was cast as Desmond Hume in the ABC series Lost, in which he appeared in five seasons. Cusick is also the director on a film called Dress, that was filmed in his home town, Kailua, Hawaii.
Cusick and his wife Annie are parents to three sons, Eli (born 1994), Lucas (born 1998), and Esaú (born 2000). The couple were married in a civil ceremony following fourteen years of cohabitation on July 15, 2006. They now live in Kailua, Hawaii together.
For full filmography, see IMDb.
Episodes Directed Edit
- According to Christopher Larkin, Richard Harmon, and Ricky Whittle, Cusick is the "biggest prankster on set".
- He directed "The Other Side" in Season Four. This was his first time directing a TV episode; previously, he had only directed a 19-minute short film, dress. He later directed "The Warriors Will" in Season Five.
- Both episodes he directed were written by the same writers: Julie and Shawna Benson.
- He, Raymond J Barry, and Javier Grillo-Marxuach all worked on "Lost".
- He, JR Bourne, and Greyston Holt all appeared in the movie "Perfect Romance".
External Links Edit
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 McIver, Brian (7 February 2014). "Scots actor Henry Ian Cusick tells why he had to move stateside for work because of lack of opportunities at home". The Daily Record. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ↑ Peruano encontrado en 'Lost', El Comercio, 2007-04-08
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Henry Ian Cusick on Gospel of John, Jewish Theatre
- ↑ http://www.strath.ac.uk/culture/ramshorn/theatregroup
- ↑ Who's the biggest prankster on set?
- ↑ Henry Ian Cusick, IMDb
- ↑ Rothenberg, Jason (2 Feb 2018) Tweet “Just turned my cut of episode 510… @hicusick directs for the second time…” - @JRothenbergTV