|“||Kom woda 'so gyon op, gon woda 'so kom daun.
(From water we are born, to water we return.)
|— The Floukru's "Yu gonplei ste odon."|
The Floukru, also known as Floudon Kru or the Boat People, was a clan led by the Nightblood Luna. The clan was allied with Trikru. The Floukru are now extinct; the majority of the Boat People were killed by radiation and the last remaining member, their leader Luna, was killed in the Final Conclave.
The Floukru's territory was east of Trikru's territory. Lincoln described the location as "east to the sea, then across it."
The clan lived on an oil rig, away from the mainland. This allowed them to live in peace, avoiding violence and war. The clan used boats as their means of transportation and divers with suits. They take in orphans, people fleeing wars, and those who tired of fighting and killing. Their peaceful philosophy makes them different from the other clans.
Their spiritual views differ slightly from other Grounders. Instead of burning their dead, they return the bodies to the sea. While other Grounders use the phrase "Yu gonplei ste odon" ("Your fight is over"), Floukru useed the phrase "Kom woda ‘so gyon op, gon woda ‘so kom daun" ("From water we are born, to water we return") as the last rites.
- Main article: Trigedasleng
The Floukru spoke the native Grounder language, Trigedasleng. The warriors also spoke American English, Gonasleng. This made the Floukru warriors bilingual.
Notes and Trivia
- Lincoln met Luna on his travels.
- In "I Am Become Death," Lincoln was planning on taking Octavia Blake to the Floukru in order to keep out of the conflict between the Delinquents and the Grounders.
- Octavia decided to stay with her people instead of going with Lincoln. Lincoln also decided to stay and tells Clarke Griffin in "We Are Grounders (Part 1)" to take Octavia to Luna, his friend who leads the clan.
- After Lincoln rescues Octavia from the battle at the dropship, they were on their way there in "The 48"
- In "Wanheda (Part 1)," Lincoln and Octavia discuss going to the Floukru once more but Lincoln tells her Luna won't risk the attention by taking them in with the Commander's Kill Order on Lincoln's head.
- In "The Four Horsemen", Luna comes with six others to Arkadia after getting acute radiation syndrome. She says, "This is all that's left of my people." The six others die, leaving her the sole survivor. It is unclear what Luna meant as "my people", whether that meant all of Floukru or just the people living on her rig.