Trikru and Azgeda were at war with each other before the creation of the Coalition. Lexa tells Clarke Griffin how the Queen of the Ice Nation killed her former lover, Costia because she believed that Costia knew all of Lexa's secrets. In retaliation, Lexa banished Prince Roan as part of the conditions of allowing the Ice Nation into the Coalition.
The Ice Nation stretches for a thousand miles. The Ice Nation borders Trikru territory at Sector 8, but the ice is farther to the north.
Many Azgeda have distinctive facial scarring. Roan went so far as to hiding them when he was on his mission to find Clarke Griffin and bring her to Lexa, indicating that these scars are often used to identify members of the Ice Nation.
Ice Nation warriors are known to wear white war paint.
They are referred to as the "Azgeda" in Trigedasleng.
Notes and Trivia
- The Ice Nation are militaristic and expansionist.
- Lexa forced them to join the Coalition. Azgeda did not like the deal that they made to join the Coalition and only agreed to it because Mount Weather was a large threat to them.
- In Rubicon, the Ice Nation sent two members to Tondc for the Coalition gathering that Mount Weather blew up, resulting in the death of their War Chief.
- Farm Station crashed in Ice Nation Territory.
- Only 63 people out of 189 survived the four months isolated from the rest of the Ark.
- Carl Emerson joined forces with the Ice Nation after the Sky People wiped out the rest of the Mountain Men and provided them with the information necessary to blow up Mount Weather, killing 49 Sky People inside.
- There were a thousand Ice Nation warriors in Polis when A.L.I.E. was terminated.
- As of Praimfaya, there are 101 members of Azgeda alive, including Echo.
- Echo is the only member known to be alive.
- With King Roan dead, and without their leader, Azgeda is merged with Wonkru, with only 100 Azgeda members, except Echo.
- In The Face Behind the Glass, Echo mentions being brought to "Troy" to be trained by Nia, implying that as the capitol of Azgeda.
- ↑ Meet the Ice Queen, August 24, 2015,
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jrothenbergtv/status/698895628315676672
- ↑ JRothenbergTV twitter
- ↑ http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/112636054043/so-when-the-leader-of-the-ice-nation-is
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Creator on Impending Civil War, What's Next for Clarke and Lexa, Jan 20, 2016
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/615011261584019456
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jrothenbergtv/status/590017040569634816
- ↑ http://aaronginsburg.tumblr.com/post/110879457031/dear-aaron-you-posted-a-picture-of-a-wonderfully
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/1165290128631324678