The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|“||I bear it so they dont have to.||”|
|— Clarke Griffin|
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake (credit only)
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy
- Zach McGowan as Roan
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane
Guest Starring Edit
- Jaha: "I know it took courage to be outside with us today, to stand together now in the face of grave danger and grave tragedy. On the Ark, rain like this was only a dream. Now it's a nightmare because we know it could turn at any second and kill us, just like it did to 18 of our brothers and sisters, who we honor today among them, Erin, Samuel, and Louis. May we meet again."
- Jasper: "Too many funerals, too little time."
- Niylah: "Kriken sonraun en branon. Kom graun, oso na groun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op."
(Old life and new. From the Earth, we will grow. From the ashes, we will rise.)
- Jaha (to Kane): "I think there's a reason 'from the ashes we will rise' became a Grounder prayer just like I think there was a reason that a corporate logo became their sacred symbol."
- Harper (to Monty): "Well, looks like someone's moving up in the world. It's just too bad in 10 days, there won't be a world to move up in."
- Murphy: "How's the weather, Reyes? Forecast still calling for death?"
- Luna: "Hunting for someone else to kill. What's the matter with you people?"
- Jasper: "Open your eyes! The clock is ticking, and it has been since we landed on this terrible...beautiful planet."
- Bellamy: "What the hell does that mean?"
- Jasper: "It means we are living on borrowed time, all of us."
- Jasper (to Bellamy): "What is the point in beating yourself up over all of the the crappy things you've done? You did them! And and don't say you had reasons, because at the end of the day, at the end of the world, nobody gives a damn about your reasons, because they are your reasons. No matter how much you punish yourself, it's not gonna change anything. It's not gonna bring anyone back. The way I see it is we can spend our last days wallowing in our reasons or we can do – we can do whatever the hell we want! Really mean it this time."
- Raven: "Abby, there has to be something that doesn't make us murderers."
- Abby: "Jackson and I have examined every possibility. And the only thing that we know for sure is that if we do nothing, we die."
- Luna: "I won't allow my blood to kill any more innocent people."
- Indra: "What I know is that Azgeda marched on Arkadia, and yet you made another alliance with them, a deal to save their people, not mine."
- Kane: "I know how it looks, but, believe me, we're still trying to find a way to save everyone."
- Indra: "Then you are a fool."
- Kane: "You're fighting for a city that won't exist in 10 days. What's more foolish than that?"
- Roan: "We're doing the right thing."
- Clarke: "You sure about that?"
- Roan: "Certainty's a luxury leaders can't afford."
- Clarke: "I'm no king."
- Roan: "Maybe not, but you were born for this."
- Jasper: "Everyone's gonna die, Bellamy. We can go out like them or like us. The ending's the same, but who says the journey has to suck?"
- Murphy: "Who the hell do you think you are, huh?"
- Clarke: "I'm trying to save us."
- Murphy: "Save us? Ah, right. Wanheda, savior of us all! But maybe you're forgetting the last time you saved us, I was saving you!"
- Clarke: "I'm not forgetting."
- Murphy: "You haven't forgotten? Then, please, you don't need to do this. Don't do it. Please, please, you don't need to do this."
- Clarke: "I'll finish it. I bear it so they don't have to."
- Gaia: "Maybe we are not worthy. Maybe we are meant to burn in Praimfaya."
- Jaha: "No. We're not meant to burn. We were meant to rise from the ashes."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode was the mid-season finale of Season Four and go on 4 weeks break.
- God complex is a pop psychology term for the inflated belief of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. Someone with a god complex may believe that he or she has the ability to overcome any problem or task, despite the high impossibility and probability for failure. They may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence. They may also speak of their personal opinions as though they are unquestionably correct.
- Jasper talks about living "whatever the hell we want and really mean it this time," referring to Bellamy Blake's "whatever the hell we want" leadership style from "Pilot" to "Murphy's Law."
- Jasper harvests Jobi Nuts, the hallucinogenic nuts from "Day Trip."
- Bree reappears for the first time since Season One's "Day Trip."
- This is the second episode in which Octavia Blake does not appear, after "Terms and Conditions." This makes Clarke and Bellamy the only characters to have appeared in more episodes (each has missed an episode).
- In this episode, Clarke injects herself with Luna's bone marrow and becomes a Nightblood. Though Abby destroys the radiation chamber to prevent testing on her daughter, it's subsequently shown that the experiment was a success and Clarke became a true Nightblood though like Luna she first suffers negative effects from the radiation in "The Chosen" and "Praimfaya" before recovering.
Body Count Edit
- Rock Line Thief who Emori claimed was "Baylis" (radiation exposure from experiment conducted by Abigail Griffin and Eric Jackson)
- Unknown number of Grounders in Polis (black rain)
- Several Azgeda warriors (gunned down by Indra)
- Unknown number of Azgeda and Trikru warriors (fighting outside temple)
| || || || |
|Vertigo||Indie Soul||Raphael Lake, Ben Fisher, Aaron Levy & Daniel Ryan Murphy||Purchase|
See Also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.