|“||Yu laik haihefa, nou ouspika!
Kaina bandragen dison bilaik?
You're a king not a priest!
|— Gaia to Roan after he declares|
himself Keeper of the Flame [src]
Gaia was born on Earth and is the daughter of Indra. Indra trained her to be a Trikru warrior and leader, but then Gaia chose to dedicate herself to the sacred flame and become a scout for the Flamekeeper, searching the land for nightbloods.
Throughout the Series
In Echoes, Gaia is in the crowd when Roan announces that he will be the Keeper of the Flame until the next Commander can be found. She yells at him that he is not a priest and that this is blasphemy. In The Four Horsemen, Roan asks Octavia to track down and kill the person who stole the Flame from him. Octavia tracks down Gaia and corners her in the temple. The two briefly fight, until Octavia gets the upper hand. Just before Octavia goes for the kill, Indra calls for Octavia to stop. When, Ilian and the looters come to the temple seeking to destroy the Flame. Octavia and Gaia come up with a place to save the flame. In God Complex, she told Thelonious Jaha, Marcus Kane, and Monty Green of Becca's crypt and helped them enter. In DNR, she tries to help Clarke Griffin ascend as the next Commander, however, Roan stops it. In Die All, Die Merrily, she helps with the Final Conclave, giving orders on how to participate and giving the noviciates their sigil. She also announces the names of those killed. In Praimfaya, she is seen in the bunker, when Octavia gives her speech.
Gaia is very devoted to the Grounder faith. She chooses to follow her faith instead of becoming a warrior like her mother, Indra. Later, she risks her life by stealing the Flame because she believes it is blasphemy for someone who is not an ouspika (priest) to be the Keeper of the Flame.
Gaia is of average height with brown skin and brown eyes. Her braided hair is dark brown with blonde highlights.
In Season 5, after the 6 years and 7 days jump, Gaia's hair is white and shorter.
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Mentioned|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Mentioned|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Appears|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Appears|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Mentioned|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Appears|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
- Indra: "My faith is not as pure as yours, but you are as responsible for what Octavia became as I am. Blodreina was a leader we needed then. We need a true Commander now. Will you do it or not?"
- Gaia: "The decision isn't mine to make. The child must choose for herself."
- -- Sic Semper Tyrannis
So far, Gaia hasn't directly or indirectly kill anyone
Notes and Trivia
- In Die All, Die Merrily, Gaia hugs her mother, Indra, when she announces that the Trikru champion, Fio, had been slain by Roan.
- She was originally meant to have a bigger role in Echoes, but her biggest scene was cut. In the scene, she was riding a horse when she came across Ilian in a forest (who had already killed his brother in the original episode's opening). They conversed about A.L.I.E.'s chip, his family being dead, and wrapping them in cloth.
- Gaia and Madi are the only two characters that were introduced in Season Four who are known to be alive.
- Deleted scenes, The 100: The Complete Fourth Season DVD