|“|| Yu laik haihefa, nou ouspika!|
Kaina bandragen dison bilaik?
You're a king not a priest!
| — Gaia to Roan after he declares|
himself Keeper of the Flame [src]
Early Life Edit
Gaia was born on Earth and is the daughter of Indra and an unnamed father who was killed during a battle. Indra trained her to be a Trikru warrior and leader, but following her father's death Gaia chose to dedicate herself to the sacred flame and become a Flamekeeper, searching the land for nightbloods.
Throughout the Series Edit
In The Four Horsemen, Roan asks Octavia to track down and kill the person who stole the Flame from him. Octavia tracks down Gaia and corners her in the temple. The two briefly fight, until Octavia gets the upper hand. Just before Octavia goes for the kill, Indra calls for Octavia to stop. When, Ilian and the looters come to the temple seeking to destroy the Flame. Octavia and Gaia come up with a place to save the flame.
In Die All, Die Merrily, she helps with the Final Conclave, giving orders on how to participate and giving the noviciates their sigil. She also announces the names of those killed.
In Praimfaya, she is seen in the bunker, when Octavia gives her speech.
Gaia is very devoted to the Grounder faith. She chooses to follow her faith instead of becoming a warrior like her mother, Indra. Later, she risks her life by stealing the Flame because she believes it is blasphemy for someone who is not an ouspika (priest) to be the Keeper of the Flame.
Physical Appearance Edit
Gaia is of average height with brown skin and brown eyes. Her braided hair is dark brown with blonde highlights.
In Season 5, after the 6 years and 7 days jump, Gaia's hair is white and shorter.
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Absent|
|The Four Horsemen||Appears|
|A Lie Guarded||Mentioned|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Appears|
|The Other Side||Mentioned|
|How We Get to Peace||Absent|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Appears|
|The Dark Year||Absent|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Mentioned|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Appears|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Mentioned|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Appears|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Appears|
|From the Ashes||Appears|
|Welcome to Bardo||TBD|
|The Queen's Gambit||TBD|
- Indra: "My faith is not as pure as yours, but you are as responsible for what Octavia became as I am. Blodreina was a leader we needed then. We need a true Commander now. Will you do it or not?"
- Gaia: "The decision isn't mine to make. The child must choose for herself."
- -- Sic Semper Tyrannis
- "The question is, who is the flamekeeper without a flame"
- - From the Ashes
Killed Victims Edit
So far, Gaia hasn't directly or indirectly killed anyone.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- In Die All, Die Merrily, Gaia hugs her mother, Indra, when she announces that the Trikru champion, Fio, had been slain by Roan.
- She was originally meant to have a bigger role in Echoes, but her biggest scene was cut. In the scene, she was riding a horse when she came across Ilian in a forest (who had already killed his brother in the original episode's opening). They conversed about A.L.I.E.'s chip, his family being dead, and wrapping them in cloth.
- Gaia and Madi are the only two characters that were introduced in Season Four who are known to be alive.
|To edit this gallery, go to Gaia/Gallery.|
To review image policies, go to Media Guidelines. Note, the images go in episode order.