|“||Maya: Look, without the treatments, we'd die. What are we supposed to do?
|— about the Harvest Chamber|
Tensions run high between Clarke and Finn while Raven discovers that Mount Weather is interfering with their communication systems. Meanwhile, Jasper and Monty discover the truth about what is going on at Mount Weather and Octavia comes face-to-face with her worst nightmare. Finally, President Dante Wallace is about to be betrayed by those closest to him.
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Paige Turco as Abigail Griffin
- Thomas McDonell as Finn Collins
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Devon Bostick as Jasper Jordan
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Ricky Whittle as Lincoln
- Christopher Larkin as Monty Green
- Isaiah Washington as Thelonious Jaha
- Henry Ian Cusick as Marcus Kane
- Clarke (about Finn): "I don't know what to say. He just kept shooting."
- Bellamy: "We're at war, Clarke. We've all done things."
- John Murphy: "Well, it looks like our pardon for surviving includes our time on the ground. Now bigger fish to fry, I guess."
- Cage Wallace (about the 47): "I know that the plan was to assimilate them into the gene pool, but this changes everything."
- Dante Wallace (talking about the outside): "Listen to me. You need to understand this. If I give the order to harvest those kids, I won't deserve to see it again."
- Sgt. Scott: "Hey! Blake! Let's go, right now."
- Bellamy: "In case you've forgotten, we're not under your command."
- Jasper (asking about the Harvest chamber): "Who else knows about this?"
- Maya: "Everyone, but nobody talks about it. We learn not to ask questions. Look, without the treatments, we'd die. What are we supposed to do?"
- Monty: "Die."
- Raven: "We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
- Jaha: "I have a message from the Commander. Leave or die. We have two days."
Notes and Trivia
- This episode was delayed one week because of Thanksgiving.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Harper in Season Two, since "We Are Grounders (Part 2)."
- This episode reveals that Finn killed 18 Grounders in the massacre he committed in "Human Trials."
- This, plus the Grounder he shot and the Reaper he killed in season one, places Finn's death count at roughly 20 people killed by his own hand. This makes him the Delinquent with the highest kill count.
- Off-screen, Clarke and Finn removed Delano's body from the bunker and buried it.
- This is the only episode where Jaha and Kane interacted with Lexa.
- The title of this episode "Fog of War" is the uncertainty in situational awareness experienced by participants in military operations. The term seeks to capture the uncertainty regarding one's own capability, adversary capability, and adversary intent during an engagement, operation, or campaign.
- Brixton (killed by Acid Fog)
- 1 unnamed Ark Guard (killed by Reapers)
- Sgt. Scott (killed by Reapers)
- 2 Reapers (killed by Bellamy)
Behind the Scenes
- The Christmas song, "Carol of Bells", that played during the parking garage scene was originally placeholder music. However, Jason and the writers liked it so much, they kept the music.
- Near the end of the episode, Jasper says "I love this song" and turns up the music in the dormitory. The song playing is "Confession" by the band d'Artagnan whose members include Christopher Larkin (who plays Monty Green, Jasper's best friend).
- An editing error was made with a line Finn Collins said.
- The scene where Finn says "It was an accident" wasn't a reference to the massacre. It was actually a reference to Raven.
- In a deleted scene, Finn pulled away from Raven and she fell down because she only has one good leg. Jason and the editors removed the scene for various reasons, however, they forgot to edit out Finn's line.
- There was a scene written where Clarke and Finn bury Delano's body, but it was cut.
|Carol of Bells||Unknown||Unknown||Not available|