|“||Don't let me be a face behind the glass.||”|
|— Delilah (to Jordan) [src]|
Early Life Edit
Throughout the Series Edit
In The Children of Gabriel, Delilah and the rest of the Sanctum Citizens return to the castle only to find Clarke and the group from Earth. Delilah easily warms up to Clarke and Jordan. Unlike her mother and other Sanctum residents, Delilah is willing to tell Clarke's group about Sanctum and some of its traditions. She serves them a drink and tells them that it's called "jo juice," named after Josephine the Prime. When Clarke asks what "Primes" mean, Delilah explains that the Primes are the original four families from the Eligius III Mission Team Alpha that first settled on the moon. She tells them that she has royal blood and is in line to be named one of the Primes: Priya the Seventh. She tells them about her upcoming naming holy naming ceremony that would take place later that day during the second moon.
Delilah helps Clarke prepare for a dinner with Russell Lightbourne. She even gives Clarke one of her dresses. Before Delilah's naming ceremony, she spends most of her time with Jordan. The two develop feelings for each other. When Jordan mentions how he grew up hearing stories about Clarke, Delilah begs him to tell her more because she loves his stories. Unfortunately, she tells Russell and Simone Lightbourne about it, revealing Clarke's dark history. This causes Russell to deny Clarke's request for her people to stay in Sanctum.
While Delilah is making out with Jordan, she is attacked with paralytic darts by some members of the Children of Gabriel cult. The Children of Gabriel kidnap Delilah along with Rose, in hopes to deliver a child with royal blood to please "the old man." Clarke catches up to them and manages to save Delilah. To thank Clarke for saving Delilah, Russell allows Clarke's people to stay in Sanctum.
In The Face Behind the Glass, Delilah continues her blossoming romance with Jordan as she prepares for the Naming Day Ceremony. Before going in, Delilah begs Jordan to not let her just become a face behind the glass. When Delilah emerges again, she has become Priya VII who has no memory of Jordan or Delilah's relationship with him.
In The Gospel of Josephine, Clarke's friends discover the lab where Gabriel Santiago figured out how to resurrect deceased Primes through Mind Drives and Nightblood hosts. Inside the lab, Jordan discovers a recording of the first successful resurrection of Josephine Lightbourne using a Nightblood host named Brooke. The recording reveals that the procedure involves wiping the mind of the host, devastating Jordan as he realizes that it means Delilah is dead.
In The Old Man and the Anomaly, after learning that Clarke Griffin survived becoming the new host of Josephine, Jordan suggests that maybe Delilah survived as well and they can save her. However, Bellamy focuses on saving Clarke, who only survived due to her experiences with A.L.I.E.
In Adjustment Protocol, Bellamy Blake forces Priya to reveal to a crowd of Sanctum citizens the truth about the Primes and their hosts. After Russell unleashes a massive amount of Red Sun toxin upon the crowd in retaliation, Blythe Ann stabs Priya to death in revenge for her daughter's death, killing Delilah's body in the process.
Physical Appearance Edit
She was of African ancestry with brown skin, brown eyes and light brown hair streaked with blonde.
She and Jordan had a brief sexual relationship. After she is "named," she doesn't know or care about Jordan. However, its implied that Priya Desai may retain some of her fondness for Jordan as she tenderly held and comforted him after Jordan was seriously wounded protecting Priya from Madi Griffin. In turn, Jordan shows a hope that Clarke surviving becoming a host may mean that Delilah survived as well as he is unaware that Clarke's survival is due to extraordinary circumstances.
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Appears|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Mentioned|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
- Delilah Workman: "Tomorrow everything changes. I've been waiting for naming day all my life, and now I meet a boy who makes me wish I had more time."
- -- The Children of Gabriel
- Delilah Workman: "Hey. It's my Naming Day. Unburden. That's what we do today. On Naming Day, we make amends for the things we feel guilty for."
- Delilah Workman (to Jordan): "Kiss me. Don't let me be a face behind the glass."
- -- The Face Behind the Glass
Notes and Trivia Edit
- There was a fourteen year age difference between Delilah and Rose. Both were taken by Children of Gabriel, but only Delilah survived.
- The fact that there was a fourteen year age gap between the two is mentioned several times by the Primes as being a worrying fact as it shows how much rarer Nightblood hosts are becoming and threatens the Primes with extinction.
- Her favorite flowers were calla lilies. In The Face Behind the Glass, Jordan tests Priya by offering daisies, claiming they were Delilah's favorite. By "confirming" that falsehood, Priya unknowingly helps convince Jordan that the Primes were not actually one with their hosts - that the hosts were being killed.
- She and her parents lived above their tavern.