|“||Don't let me be a face behind the glass.||”|
|— Delilah (to Jordan) [src]|
She was born on Sanctum to Jae and Blythe Ann Workman. She worked in their tavern as a bar maid. She was born with Nightblood, and the Primes lead her to believe she would become one with them once she reached maturity. Her family saw this as a blessing and believed that she would be an immortal God. Because the Primes take turns, she was chosen to be the next host for the Prime Priya Desai. She grows up looking forward to her Naming Day, until she meets Jordan Green and wishes she had more time.
Throughout the Series
She was of African ancestry with brown skin, brown eyes and light brown hair streaked with blonde.
She and Jordan had a brief sexual relationship. After she is "named," she doesn't know or care about Jordan. However, its implied that Priya Desai may retain some of her fondness for Jordan as she tenderly held and comforted him after Jordan was seriously wounded protecting Priya from Madi Griffin. In turn, Jordan shows a hope that Clarke surviving becoming a host may mean that Delilah survived as well as he is unaware that Clarke's survival is due to extraordinary circumstances.
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Appears|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Mentioned|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Mentioned|
|What You Take With You||Absent|
|Ashes to Ashes||Absent|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Absent|
|From the Ashes||Absent|
|Welcome to Bardo||Absent|
|The Queen's Gambit||Absent|
|A Little Sacrifice||Absent|
|A Sort of Homecoming||Absent|
|The Dying of the Light||Absent|
|The Last War||Absent|
- Delilah Workman: "Tomorrow everything changes. I've been waiting for naming day all my life, and now I meet a boy who makes me wish I had more time."
- -- The Children of Gabriel
- Delilah Workman: "Hey. It's my Naming Day. Unburden. That's what we do today. On Naming Day, we make amends for the things we feel guilty for."
- Delilah Workman (to Jordan): "Kiss me. Don't let me be a face behind the glass."
- -- The Face Behind the Glass
Notes and Trivia
- There was a fourteen year age difference between Delilah and Rose. Both were taken by Children of Gabriel, but only Delilah survived.
- The fact that there was a fourteen year age gap between the two is mentioned several times by the Primes as being a worrying fact as it shows how much rarer Nightblood hosts are becoming and threatens the Primes with extinction.
- Her favorite flowers were calla lilies. In The Face Behind the Glass, Jordan tests Priya by offering daisies, claiming they were Delilah's favorite. By "confirming" that falsehood, Priya unknowingly helps convince Jordan that the Primes were not actually one with their hosts - that the hosts were being killed.
- She and her parents lived above their tavern.