|“||I bear it so they don't have to.||”|
|— Dante to Clarke, Bellamy and Monty [src]|
He was the President of Mount Weather when the Delinquents were captured. He would sometimes side with Cage and Dr. Lorelei Tsing but other times he assisted the Delinquents as he wanted to integrate them with the rest of the Mountain Men.
Early Life Edit
He was born in 2086 inside Mount Weather to President Wallace and his wife. At the age of seven in 2093, Dante's father opened the doors of Mount Weather after seeing the Grounders. Dante's mother and sister died from radiation poisoning. Sometime later when he became an adult, Dante became president of Mount Weather following in his father's footsteps.
Throughout the Series Edit
Dante Wallace was the President of Mount Weather. He was calm, nice and also a painter like Clarke Griffin. He was very understanding, but still harbored secrets. He has shown compassion to the 48, as he sees them as good people, unlike the Grounders, who die for the mountain men's needs. However, when he betrays the delinquents, it shows that he cares more about his own people than anything.
Physical Appearance Edit
He has white hair and dark blue eyes. He always seems to wear a dirty suit and his fingers are usually covered in paint.
Clarke Griffin Edit
Though Dante says he only wants to keep her and her friends safe, Clarke does not trust Dante or anything he says. She believes that Dante only wants to use the 100, and this is helped when she sees all of the grounders in cages. When speaking with Jasper, Dante tells him that he only wanted Clarke to feel welcome and safe at Mount Weather.
Cage Wallace Edit
Cage Wallace is Dante's son. Dante believes his son has the potential to do good for Mount Weather, so much that he made him top of security. There is also a sense of distrust towards Cage, as he believes that he might have been behind the radiation leak that injured Maya Vie. This distrust is proven when Cage usurps his father's power and grabs the Presidency for himself, locking his father up in quarantine. Dante becomes greatly disappointed in Cage's leadership and even goes so far as to help Bellamy Blake irradiate Level 5 to help the imprisoned Delinquents. Dante eventually realizes it has come down to a choice between his people and the Sky People and he tells Cage to stay the course, sacrificing himself so Cage might have a chance to save the Mountain Men.
Lorelei Tsing Edit
At first, Dante and Dr. Lorelei Tsing appear to be on good terms, however, their relationship appears to sour after Dante disagrees with Dr. Tsing about harvesting the 47 Delinquents and forbade her from going ahead with her trials, only accepting volunteers instead of forcing them. She goes behind Dante's back and, along with Cage Wallace, she continues with her trials until Dante discovers her disobedience and orders her to be locked up. Dante is later removed from office and taken into quarantine by Cage, allowing Dr. Tsing to continue with her trials.
|Many Happy Returns||Mentioned|
|Fog of War||Appears|
|Long Into an Abyss||Appears|
|Survival of the Fittest||Absent|
|Coup de Grâce||Appears|
|Bodyguard of Lies||Mentioned|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1)||Appears|
|Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)||Appears|
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Absent|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Mentioned|
|Watch the Thrones||Absent|
|Terms and Conditions||Absent|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Absent|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Absent|
- Dante to Clarke Griffin: "Welcome to Mount Weather."
- Dante to Clarke Griffin: "56 years ago. For 5 minutes. I was 7 when the first of what we call the outsiders appeared. Before that, we thought we were all there was. Imagine our surprise.... My father, this was his office at the time, believed it meant that the Earth was survivable again, and so, he opened the doors. Within a week, 54 people were dead from the exposure. My mother and sister among them."
- -- The 48
- Dante Wallace: "Don't play with me son. What will it take to stay?"
- Cage Wallace: "Bone marrow...all that they have."
- Dante Wallace: "They'll die so that we can finally live."
- Cage Wallace: "This is our world. We deserve this."
- Dante Wallace: "We are the keepers of history. What we've done to the outsiders have corrupted our legacy. I can't go down that road any further."
- -- Long Into an Abyss
- Dante Wallace: "Your friends will never even make it off Level 5."
- Dante Wallace: "Get out of my sight, Cage."
- -- Rubicon
- Dante Wallace: "I'll bear it so they don't have to."
- -- Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)
- Numerous amounts of Grounders (through the Harvest and Cerberus Projects)
- 14 Mount Weather Guards (indirectly; irradiated by Bellamy after Dante showed him how it works)
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing (ndirectly; irradiated by Bellamy after Dante showed him how it works)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- In addition to being the President, Dante is also a painter.
- Due to the lack of sunlight, Dante and the Mountain Men lack a normal level of melanin in their skin, making them appear paler.
- Although Dante is referred to as President, he holds a role that is more like a patriarch.
- A patriarchy is when power is passed down through family members. Dante received the position after his father, as did Cage.
- Dante initially appeared to be the main antagonist of season 2, but it was shown to be his son, Cage Wallace.
- Dante caused the dissolution of the Sky People and Grounder alliance by freeing all the Grounders imprisoned in Mount Weather since they no longer needed their blood.
- Dante is one of the few named characters to receive the bone marrow transplant that allow him to walk on the surface.
Note: The picture goes in episode order. To see the order of the episodes please visit Episode Guide.