|“||You started a war that you don't know how to end.... The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground.... You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory.... You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. These are all acts of war.||”|
|— Anya to Clarke Griffin [src]|
The Coalition-Skaikru Conflicts are a series of armed conflicts between Trikru, Azgeda, and Skaikru. The conflict unofficially began when the Delinquents landed in Trikru territory on September 13, 2149, but officially began after a failed peace meeting between Clarke of the Sky People and Anya of the Woods Clan on the October 2.
After another peace meeting between Clarke and Commander Lexa of the 12 Clans on the October 25, the Woods Clan and the Sky People were at a strained truce. The two allied factions joined forces against Mount Weather until Commander Lexa made a deal with President Cage Wallace of the Mountain Men and thereafter the Woods Clan and Sky People were no longer allied but under a strained truce.
When Chancellor Griffin decided to allow Farm Station survivors to move into Mount Weather, she broke this tentative agreement, causing Azgeda to strike back. With the help of Carl Emerson, the last surviving Mountain Man, Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, causing the deaths of 49 Sky People. Because of this, the newly elected Chancellor Pike took a group of Sky People and massacred 300 sleeping Trikru warriors sent by Commander Lexa to protect Arkadia from any potential Azgeda attack.
This is the full list of those who participated in this war.
Many Trikru Grounders, including:
Many Azgeda Grounders, including:
Sky People Edit
Many Sky People, including:
Individual Conflicts Edit
- Trikru-Skaikru Conflict
- Trikru-Delinquent Conflict
- Trikru-Camp Jaha/Arkadia Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
- Azgeda-Farm Station Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
End of the Alliance Edit
When the Mountain Men were wiped out, Lexa asked the Sky People to join the Coalition as the thirteenth clan in order to make peace with them. But when Chancellor Griffin decided to allow Farm Station survivors move into Mount Weather, this caused Azgeda to strike back. With the help of Carl Emerson, the last surviving Mountain Man, the Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, causing the deaths of 49 Sky People. Because of this, a newly elected Chancellor Pike took a group of Sky People and massacred 299 sleeping Trikru warriors sent by Commander Lexa to protect Arkadia from any potential Azgeda attack, causing the restrained relationship between the Sky People and the Grounders, once more.
War Against A.L.I.E.Edit
Many of the Grounders, led by Ontari, fall under the control of A.L.I.E. and become enemies during the conflict that follows. Others, led by King Roan, side with Clarke and her remaining allies to destroy the AI. The war ends with the destruction of A.L.I.E. and the release of her followers, but the death of Ontari as well. Pike is killed by Octavia Blake for his actions, particularly the murder of Lincoln.
After Pike was killed and A.L.I.E. was destroyed, the Grounders still blame the Sky People, due to A.L.I.E.'s cruel actions, but King Roan of Azgeda has reinstated Sky People as the thirteen clan and declared, "An attack against Skaikru is an attack against us all." As things go back to normal, the conflicts between Skaikru and the Coalition has ended.
The Restored Alliance Edit
- Main article: Body Count
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This is the first present-day (present-day in the show, i.e. in the years 2149-50) conflict to be shown in The 100.
- The conflict officially started in "Unity Day" after a failed peace meeting.
- Although the conflict went on for the whole first season, the final battle between the Woods Clan and the Delinquents took place in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)."
- The final battle consisted of Reapers, Grounders, and Delinquents.
- The battle took place in the Delinquents' camp.
- The Grounder units involved in the war were Tristan's and Anya's.
- The Delinquents used the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" to get the Reapers to create a distraction by fighting with the Grounders
- At least 300 Grounder Warriors were killed when Jasper set off the rocket fuel under the drop ship.
- After the battle, Anya was captured by Mount Weather along with 48 of the Delinquents, and the Delinquent's Camp was abandoned.
- After the battle, Tristan captured Finn, Bellamy, and another Delinquent and was taking them back to the Commander when he was shot and killed by Kane.
- After Mount Weather, a strained truce held for 3 months. However Lincoln warned that just because Azgeda is part of the Commander's Coalition doesn't mean they'll respect the ceasefire.
- There have been at least 847 casualties caused by the conflict.
See Also Edit