|“||You started a war that you don't know how to end.... The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground.... You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory.... You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. These are all acts of war.||”|
|— Anya to Clarke Griffin [src]|
The Coalition-Skaikru Conflicts are a series of armed conflicts between Trikru, Azgeda, and Skaikru. The conflict unofficially began when the Delinquents landed in Trikru territory on September 13, 2149, but officially began after a failed peace meeting between Clarke of the Sky People and Anya of the Woods Clan on the October 2.
After another peace meeting between Clarke and Commander Lexa of the 12 Clans on the October 25, the Woods Clan and the Sky People were at a strained truce. The two allied factions joined forces against Mount Weather until Commander Lexa made a deal with President Cage Wallace of the Mountain Men and thereafter the Woods Clan and Sky People were no longer allied but under a strained truce.
When Chancellor Griffin decided to allow Farm Station survivors to move into Mount Weather, she broke this tentative agreement, causing Azgeda to strike back. With the help of Carl Emerson, the last surviving Mountain Man, Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, causing the deaths of 49 Sky People. Because of this, the newly elected Chancellor Pike took a group of Sky People and massacred 300 sleeping Trikru warriors sent by Commander Lexa to protect Arkadia from any potential Azgeda attack.
This is the full list of those who participated in this war.
Many Trikru Grounders, including:
Many Azgeda Grounders, including:
Sky People Edit
Many Sky People, including:
Individual Conflicts Edit
- Trikru-Skaikru Conflict
- Trikru-Delinquent Conflict
- Trikru-Camp Jaha/Arkadia Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
- Azgeda-Farm Station Conflict
- Coalition-Skaikru Conflict
End of the Alliance Edit
When the Mountain Men were wiped out, Lexa asked the Sky People to join the Coalition as the thirteenth clan in order to make peace with them. But when Chancellor Griffin decided to allow Farm Station survivors move into Mount Weather, this caused Azgeda to strike back. With the help of Carl Emerson, the last surviving Mountain Man, the Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, causing the deaths of 49 Sky People.
When Lexa brings forth the Ice Queen Nia to Polis for her crimes against the Sky People, Nia challengers Lexa for her throne, wanting Azgeda to be in power. Lexa chooses herself to fight, and Nia summons her son Roan to fight for her. Lexa ends up winning the battle but through executing Nia, and naming Roan king. This alliance puts Azgeda at bay for a short period of time, stopping them from engaging with the Sky People.
In Arkadia, Sky People elect Charles Pike to be their Chancellor over Marcus Kane. Kane supported an alliance with Grounders, while Pike was angry over all the deaths they had caused. After the election, Pike took a group of Sky People and massacred 299 sleeping Trikru warriors sent by Commander Lexa to protect Arkadia from any potential Azgeda attack. This worsened the relationship between the Sky People and the Grounders once more and created an internal power struggle within Arkadia. Later Pike would lead another attack on a different Trikru settlement, where the Sky People would take heavy losses as Octavia Blake warned the village prior. Octavia was then taken by the chief of the settlement to Lexa to bring justice, but Lexa ordered that the clans not attack the Sky People, only more infuriating those around her.
In Polis, these tensions would eventually lead to Lexa's own Flamekeeper Titus, going so far as to trying to execute Clarke Griffin, as he believed a Sky person was having a negative influence on Lexa. However, this lead to Titus accidentally killing Lexa. After her death, a Conclave was to occur, and all of the Nightblood children were gathered up to prepare to choose a new Commander. Aden promised Clarke that he or whoever won would ensure the safety of the Sky Peopel at all costs. This was cut short however, as all of the children were slaughtered by Ontari of Azgeda, leading to her becoming the Commander, forcing Clarke to flee Polis. Ontari informed Murphy that she would in fact slaughter of all the Sky People when the time came.
Back in Arkadia, a coup was attempted on Pike by Marcus Kane and his followers. Things went sideways, and Kane's team was forced to escape, but lead to the eventual execution of Arkadias loyal Trikru member, Lincoln. Eventually, Pike would be betrayed by one of his own subordinates Bellamy, leading to Pike being was overthrown and taken to Polis alongside Grounders and Kane himself.
War Against A.L.I.E.Edit
Many of the Grounders, led by Ontari, fall under the control of A.L.I.E. and become enemies during the conflict that follows. Others, led by King Roan, side with Clarke and her remaining allies to destroy the AI. The war ends with the destruction of A.L.I.E. and the release of her followers, but the death of Ontari as well. Pike is killed by Octavia Blake for his actions, particularly the murder of Lincoln.
After Pike was killed and A.L.I.E. was destroyed, the Grounders still blame the Sky People, due to A.L.I.E.'s cruel actions, but King Roan of Azgeda has reinstated Sky People as the thirteen clan and declared, "An attack against Skaikru is an attack against us all." As things go back to normal, the conflicts between Skaikru and the Coalition has ended.
The Restored Alliance Edit
- Main article: Body Count
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This is the first present-day (present-day in the show, i.e. in the years 2149-50) conflict to be shown in The 100.
- The conflict officially started in "Unity Day" after a failed peace meeting.
- Although the conflict went on for the whole first season, the final battle between Trikru and the Delinquents took place in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)."
- The final battle consisted of Reapers, Trikru, and Delinquents.
- The battle took place in the Delinquents' Camp.
- The Grounder units involved in the war were Tristan's and Anya's.
- The Delinquents used the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" to get the Reapers to create a distraction by fighting with the Grounders
- At least 300 Grounder Warriors were killed when Jasper set off the rocket fuel under the drop ship.
- After the battle, Anya was captured by Mount Weather along with 48 of the Delinquents, and the Delinquent's Camp was abandoned.
- After the battle, Tristan captured Finn, Bellamy, and another Delinquent and was taking them back to the Commander when he was shot and killed by Marcus Kane.
- Another Grounder survived the final battle at the Camp due to guarding John Murphy and was shot and killed by Raven Reyes.
- After Mount Weather, a strained truce held for 3 months. However Lincoln warned that just because Azgeda is part of the Commander's Coalition, doesn't mean they'll respect the ceasefire.
- There have been at least 847 casualties caused by the conflict.
See Also Edit