|“|| Clarke: "I'm so sorry, Octavia"|
Octavia: "I know. So am I."
|— A Little Sacrifice|
Clarke and Octavia is the relationship between Clarke Griffin and Octavia Blake. They are portrayed by starring cast members Eliza Taylor and Marie Avgeropoulos and debut in the first episode of Season One.
Clarke and Octavia become good friends during Season One, working and overcoming many obstacles together. However, their friendship ends in Season 2 when Octavia learns that Clarke knew of the missile on TonDC, and had left Octavia for dead. In Season 3 and 4, while they had to work together, Octavia wasn't fully trusting of Clarke. In Season Five, Clarke and Octavia reunite after six years but their relationship is strained due to Octavia's threat to Clarke's adoptive daughter Madi and her actions as Blodreina. Despite this, Octavia is visibly distraught when Clarke apparently dies in "Matryoshka" and overjoyed by her survival. In Season Seven, after reuniting with each other on Bardo, Clarke and Octavia reconcile and now made amends with each other.
Clarke and Octavia meet in Season One when they are in the group of Delinquents sent to Earth by The Council. In the "Pilot", Octavia joins Clarke on her initial expedition to Mount Weather and Clarke helps Octavia after she is injured by a water snake. After Jasper is rescued in "Earth Skills", Octavia helps Clarke care for his injuries in "Earth Kills". In "His Sister's Keeper", Clarke volunteers to help Bellamy search for Octavia. In "Contents Under Pressure", Octavia at first assists Clarke with Finn's stab wound but their relationship becomes strained when Lincoln is brought into the dropship and Clarke condones his torture under Octavia's protests. Clarke discovers in "Unity Day" that it was Octavia with Lincoln's help who arranged the meeting with Anya at the bridge. When the Delinquents fall sick in "I Am Become Death", Clarke sends Octavia off to Lincoln to find a cure. When Clarke and Finn are captured by Anya, Lincoln helps them escape in "We Are Grounders (Part 1)" because of his relationship with Octavia and asks Clarke to get Octavia to safety.
After the battle at the Camp, Octavia and Clarke are reunited again in Season Two when Octavia arrives at Camp Jaha with Bellamy in "Human Trials". Octavia leads Clarke and Bellamy to Tondc where they discover Finn has massacred most of the village. In "Long Into an Abyss", Clarke helps Octavia with Lincoln when they discover he has been turned into a Reaper. Octavia discovers Clarke knew ahead of time about the missile landing on Tondc in "Bodyguard of Lies" and dissolves their friendship. They get in an argument again when Clarke arrives at the Mount Weather intake door in "Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)". After the take-down of Mount Weather, Clarke leaves Octavia behind along with the rest of the Delinquents at Camp Jaha.
In Season Five, Clarke and Octavia reunite, six years after Praimfaya. But when Octavia sends one of her guards to kill Clarke and Madi, this causes Clarke to realize that Octavia has sent her guards to kill her adoptive daughter, making Octavia a threat to Madi.
In Season Six, despite Octavia's past as Blodreina, Clarke doesn't want Bellamy to hate Octavia and urges him to forgive her, even though Bellamy is still upset at his sister. Meanwhile, a remorseful Octavia is shown to still care for Clarke and sets out to save her and the others. Clarke's apparent death in "Matryoshka" leaves Octavia visibly distraught and then overjoyed when she's finally revived.
Throughout the Series Edit
Clarke and Octavia reunite, six years after Praimfaya. But when Octavia sends one of her guards to kill Clarke and Madi, this causes Clarke to realize that Octavia has sent her guards to kill her adoptive daughter, making Octavia a threat to Madi. This also causes Clarke to no longer trust Octavia, because of her attempts to assassinate a new Commander, Madi Griffin.
In Anaconda, Clarke is shocked when she is reunited with Octavia and finds her to be one of the Disciples.
In A Little Sacrifice, after learning that her friends did not tell the Disciples the truth about the Flame, Clarke realizes that they have just been playing along. When truly reunited in Octavia and Diyoza's room, Clarke and Octavia immediately share a hug and offer words of comfort over their shared loss of Bellamy.
In A Sort of Homecoming, after revealing that she killed Bellamy, Clarke clearly braces herself when Octavia approaches, presumably anticipating Octavia attacking her. Instead, Octavia hugs and comforts Clarke, forgiving her and stating that she believes that the real Bellamy, the one who would've done anything for his sister and loved ones, would've forgiven her too. </div>
- Octavia Blake: "Where's Bellamy?"
- Echo: "Clarke?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Dead. He's dead."
- John Murphy: "Bellamy? Clarke, he was fine when we left. I'm a little confu---."
- Clarke Griffin: "I killed him. I had to."
- Echo: "Why?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Madi's sketchbook, he had it and he knew that she still has the memories of the Commander. She would never be safe. I begged him to stop. I tried to get the book back, but he... I tried everything, I promise. I tried. I'm so sorry."
- Octavia Blake: "I understand. So would the old Bellamy. The one that would do anything for his baby sister and the people he loved."
- Clarke Griffin: "You can hate me if you want to, god knows I do."
- Echo: "We lost him a long time ago. He needed all this chaos to make sense, all the violence, all the people we've killed. He couldn't accept that it's all meaningless. Cadogan gave him meaning, and that meaning is what killed him... not you."
- -- in A Sort of Homecoming
Notes and Trivia Edit
- In "Contents Under Pressure", Octavia disagreed with Clarke's decision to torture the Grounder to save Finn and later points out that in the end, it was Octavia who saved Finn.
- In both "Human Trials" and "Resurrection", Octavia expresses gratitude that Clarke is still alive with Clarke replying, "you, too." In "Matryoshka", she is again grateful that Clarke survives despite their past strained relationship.
- In "Bodyguard of Lies", Octavia ends their friendship after finding out that Clarke knew about the missile and sneaked away with Lexa, leaving the Grounders in Tondc helpless and unaware.
- In "The Tinder Box", Clarke saves Octavia's life by giving her CPR.
- In "Pandora's Box", Clarke and Octavia reunite after six years.
- As of "The Old Man and the Anomaly", Clarke and Octavia became tied with second most appearances on the show. Both have so far have missed three episodes, until Season Seven, Octavia became the most appearances and Clarke is the second.