|“||Clarke: The head and the heart.||”|
Clarke and Bellamy is the relationship between Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake. They are portrayed by starring cast members Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley, and debut in the first episode of season one. Their co-partnership started in the fourth episode of season one and a friendship developed in the eighth episode of season one. They turned into enemies during the events of the seventh season and their relationship ultimately came to a close when Clarke killed Bellamy in "Blood Giant".
The relationship between Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake starts out antagonistic towards each other. In the beginning, Bellamy shows a great amount of animosity towards Clarke and considers her to be one of the "privileged" in the hierarchy the Ark created. Meanwhile, Clarke often disagrees with the decisions Bellamy makes. However, as season one goes on, their relationship develops into a partnership. Their partnership grows into a friendship filled with mutual respect and trust. They are both shown to care if the other lives or dies.
They are separated during the war in "We Are Grounders (Part 2)", only to be reunited again in the fifth episode of Season Two. Clarke and Bellamy pull down the lever that causes all the Mountain Men, including the children and people who have helped them, to die in "Blood Must Have Blood (Part 2)". After that, Clarke leaves Bellamy and the rest of her people behind at Camp Jaha to cope with what happened at Mount Weather and decompress.
In Season Three, they have been separated and reunited 4 times. In "Wanheda (Part 2)", Bellamy finds Clarke, captive, but he is stabbed in the leg and she is taken away by Roan. In "Ye Who Enter Here", Bellamy arrives at Polis and finds Clarke there. He begs her to come back to Arkadia with him but she refuses so he leaves without her. In "Hakeldama", Clarke sneaks into Arkadia to confront Bellamy about his massacre of a Grounder army. He attempts to take her to Pike but she shock-lashes him and escapes. In "Nevermore", they are reunited once again and attempt to save Raven's life along with the help of the other Delinquents. In "Join or Die", Bellamy admits to Clarke that he was really angry at her for leaving and that he doesn't want to feel that way anymore.
They were working together for most of Season Four, but they separated in "We Will Rise" and reunited at the end of "DNR". In the season finale, "Praimfaya", Clarke told Bellamy to use his head and that he inspires people with his big heart. At the end, Bellamy had to decide to leave Clarke behind since she did not make it back to Becca's lab on time. Bellamy, along with six others, used Becca's rocket to go back to the Ark while Clarke remained on the ground. Bellamy assumed Clarke died in the death wave. In an epilogue scene, taking place six years later, it is revealed that Clarke has survived and has been trying to contact Bellamy using radio. Bellamy is unable to receive these messages, due to the atmospheric radiation that is blocking the radio signals, and he still believes Clarke to be dead. Clarke has been waiting for 2,199 days for Bellamy to respond and is wondering why the group has not come back to Earth.
In Season Five, Clarke and Bellamy reunite after the six years apart. In "Sleeping Giants", Bellamy learns that Clarke is alive. Madi and Bellamy arrive to Shallow Valley just when Diyoza is dragging Clarke outside to torture her. Bellamy asks Diyoza to spare Clarke's life or else all the 283 prisoners in the ship would die. To prove that he's not bluffing, he shows Diyoza a mug that he carried from the ship. Bellamy makes it clear that he would trade all those lives for just one - Clarke Griffin. That's how much she means to him. After the events of "Sic Semper Tyrannis", when Bellamy's plot had the Flame inserted into Madi and ended up with Clarke leaving Bellamy to die in Polis, their relationship is strained. In "Damocles (Part 2)", Clarke and Bellamy's friendship is restored after Madi convinces Bellamy to forgive Clarke by telling him about the radio calls.
In Season Six, Clarke makes amends with Bellamy for leaving him in Polis before she unwillingly becomes a host for Josephine Lightbourne. Bellamy starts to question Clarke's different behavior, after time and time again with Clarke not on the same page. He is the first one to discover Clarke's dead and is devastated by the news though Bellamy reluctantly agrees to use Clarke's murder to negotiate a deal with Russell Lightbourne instead of seeking revenge. After learning that Clarke is still alive, he is determined to get her back. He takes Josephine past the radiation shield to find Gabriel Santiago so that he can save Clarke. They finally reunite briefly in "What You Take With You" when Josephine relinquishes control to Clarke to escape execution. In "Matryoshka," Bellamy succeeds in getting Clarke to Gabriel to remove the Mind Drive, but she can't be revived after Josephine hangs on inside of Clarke. Unwilling to lose Clarke again, Bellamy desperately performs CPR on her, urging Clarke to fight. It is Bellamy's words that inspire Clarke to fight back and destroy Josephine for good, allowing Bellamy to revive her. The two share an emotional hug. Over the following episodes, Clarke and Bellamy work together again to defeat the Primes and save their friends, trying a less violent method per Monty's last wish for them to do better and to be the good guys. In "The Blood of Sanctum," after the conflict is over, Clarke seeks comfort in Bellamy over the loss of her mother and Bellamy reassures her that they did do better which he has to think matters.
In Season Seven, Clarke and Bellamy affirm that they are best friends. However, their friendship becomes strained when Bellamy betrays his friends and joins the Disciples. In "Blood Giant," the relationship ends when Clarke kills Bellamy after he refuses to relent, having completely dedicated himself to the cause. Both Echo and Octavia assure Clarke that the real Bellamy, who they felt was already dead, would've forgiven her for doing it.
Throughout the Series
- Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley who play Clarke and Bellamy are married in real life.
- In season one, Bellamy was 23 and Clarke was 17. By the end of season four, Bellamy was 29 and Clarke was 24.
- Jason Rothenberg said that Bellamy and Clarke were not romantic in season three, but that Bellarke may possibly become a couple in later seasons.
- With Bellamy's death in Season Seven however, the pair never became romantic.
- In the novel, Bellamy and Clarke have a romantic relationship. In the second novel, they confess their love for each other, and at the end of the fourth book, they get engaged.
- The respect they have for one another is also seen on the show.
- Clarke admits that she, and the rest of the camp, need Bellamy.
- In the novel, Bellamy is the one to nickname Clarke "Princess". In the show, Finn is the first one to call her that but Bellamy uses it too.
- According to John Murphy, Clarke is the Princess and Bellamy is the King in "We Are Grounders (Part 1)".
- In "Nevermore," while Raven was possessed by A.L.I.E., she calls Bellamy "the good little knight by his queen's side" with Clarke being "the queen".
- Their first interaction is in "Pilot". Bellamy wants to open the Dropship door, Clarke objects
- In "The Other Side" script, Clarke aims a gun at Bellamy, threatening to kill him. However, in the script she couldn't shoot him because she didn't want to kill another person she loved. This possibly means that Clarke loves Bellamy, but it is never showed on screen.
- In "Praimfaya," Clarke told Bellamy that people follow him because of his big heart, and that he should use his head. This made Bellamy decide to leave Clarke behind since she couldn't make it back to Becca's lab in time to get to space.
- Bellamy saves Clarke multiple times. Three times in season 1: he saves Clarke from falling into hole and from getting killed by Dax and by Anya. In season 2, when they discover that someone put poison in Lexa's drink, Bellamy slaps the cup out of Clarke's hand. He saves her twice in season 4: shot one of Roan's men who captured her, later Bellamy stabbed Grounder ambusher before they could kill Clarke. Bellamy tries to save Clarke in "Wanheda (Part 2)" but failed. He save her once in season 5: Coming to ground to find Clarke who is captured by =Eligius Prisoners, he went to Shallow Valley to spare Clarke’s life. He saves her once in season 6: Bellamy revived Clarke by using CPR.
- In "How We Get to Peace", Bellamy indirectly acknowledges that he loves Clarke while talking to Octavia. The statement does not specify romantic love and could simply mean platonic love.
- Bellamy is one of the first to notice that "Clarke" is not Clarke.
- In Season Four, Clarke and Bellamy are the only main characters to appear in every episode.
- In "What You Take With You," Josephine Lightbourne, having access to Clarke's memories, lists the many things that makes their relationship so complicated and calls the complicated nature of their relationship exhausting. Bellamy agrees with her on this point.
|Relationships where one or both characters has died (or transcended).|
Bellamy and Echo • Clarke and Lexa • Clarke and Finn • Finn and Raven • Jasper and Maya • Kane and Abby • Monty and Harper • Nathan and Bryan • Octavia and Atom • Octavia and Ilian • Octavia and Lincoln • Raven and Wick • Raven and Shaw
Bellamy and Jasper • Bellamy and Lincoln • Bellamy and Maya • Bellamy and Monty • Bellamy and Murphy • Clarke and Anya • Clarke and Bellamy • Clarke and Jasper • Clarke and Monty • Clarke and Roan • Clarke and Wells • Jasper and Harper • Kane and Bellamy • Kane and Diyoza • Kane and Octavia • Monty and Jasper • Monty and Miller • Murphy and Ontari • Octavia and Diyoza • Octavia and Jasper • Octavia and Monty • Raven and Abigail • Raven and Bellamy • Octavia and Gabriel • Raven and Jasper • Raven and Sinclair
- Jason Rothenberg http://ca.eonline.com/news/634592/why-the-100-s-bellarke-fans-shouldn-t-be-worried-about-season-3
- Bellamy http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/03/11/the-100-ep-jason-rothenberg-answers-your-burning-finale-questions-spoilers/
- Bellamy http://ca.eonline.com/news/634547/who-lived-who-died-the-100-boss-breaks-down-all-those-shocking-season-2-finale-moments
- Clarke Griffin http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/the-100-creator-on-what-clarke-did-in-the-finale-and-what-to-expect-in-season-3