|“||Your mistake was liking it. Power. It's the kiss of death. That's okay. I liked it too.||”|
|— Diyoza to Octavia [src]|
Diyoza is a major criminal before the Nuclear apocalypse. She was the most wanted person in the world until she was captured in 2043 and became a prisoner aboard the Eligius IV. She and her fellow inmates successfully led a coup and took over the vessel in 2047. She was aboard the Gagarin that landed on Earth in the Season 4 finale. Initially, she is the leader of the Eligius prisoners and thus the primary antagonist of the first half of Season Five. However, many of the prisoners were more loyal to Paxton McCreary and the two subgroups clashed with McCreary coming out as the victor almost near the end of Season 5. After that, she helps Spacekru for a bit before going with Kane to McCreary with Wonkru's plan of attack. However, after McCreary's death, she is forced to stay with Wonkru, due to the Damocles Event.
Eligius III, and their descendants knew about her and she was put in their history books for her own reputation of being a war criminal. She was banished from Sanctum, so she continued surviving outside the barrier. During Season Six, among with Octavia, she mostly spends her time in the forest investigating Children of Gabriel and The Anomaly.
In "The Old Man and the Anomaly", Diyoza enters the temporal anomaly on Sanctum, leaving her status unknown. In "The Blood of Sanctum", Diyoza's now grown-up daughter Hope emerges from the Anomaly and states that "he" has Diyoza, but it is left unclear who she meant.
Early Life Edit
Before the Nuclear Apocalypse, Diyoza reveals that she fought a fascist government when they tried to take her home, in which she finally wiped them out and killed them. A former US Navy SEAL who earned a bronze star and was decorated for valor three times before going AWOL after an IED explosion. She eventually resurfaced and became a terrorist, committing and ordering numerous bombing campaigns and assassinations for a terrorist group, known as the United Liberation Army. Her crimes eventually made her the most wanted criminal in the world at the time of her arrest. She was eventually imprisoned for life without parole for terrorist homicide, later sent on a prison ship to a remote mining station before the nuclear holocaust. Before her imprisonment, Diyoza's father was helping her hide from the SEAL team sent to arrest her for terrorism. As a result, her father was shot in the head two times, and Diyoza attempted to commit suicide by slashing her own throat, but survived. She was arrested on December 5, 2043.
Throughout the Series Edit
She is cold and sarcastic. She is the alpha wolf among the criminals and is fearless, confident and very calculating. She seems friendly towards her allies but most likely keeps them close for the sake of numbers not friendship. She's also very maternal and has displayed a softer side to her unborn daughter. As seen in The Children of Gabriel, she is seen to have been more calm and nice, for example Madi, and she tells her to "Stay Frosty," as Diyoza is banished.
Physical Appearance Edit
Diyoza has pale skin, blue-grey eyes, light brown hair with blonde highlights and hair done up with bangs. She also has a large scar on her neck. She along with most of the prisoners wears the armor of the former security guards including a stamped service badge on the right chest plate. She bears a tattoo on her shoulder of the flag of the former United States which is hardly recognisable as it has been burnt off and shows mostly scar tissue.
Not much is know about the relationship between the two, but Diyoza told him that he is her favorite mass murderer. It was later revealed that at one point, they were sexually involved and she is pregnant with their child. However, Diyoza and McCreary have a lot of disagreements about leading the Eligius Prisoners, even when Diyoza refused to trade McCreary for Raven Reyes after he was captured by John Murphy and Emori. This made McCreary very upset with her. When Murphy reveals to McCreary that Abby's medical treatment helped cure Diyoza's people, McCreary got angry at Diyoza for keeping this a secret from him. He then tries to kill her, but stops when he finds out that Diyoza is pregnant. However, when she surrenders herself to him, he tells her that after the baby is born he will kill her. In the season 5 finale he is killed by Clarke after making Earth uninhabitable. Due to his actions and his abusive nature, Diyoza doesn't appear to be upset by his loss.
Diyoza and Madi seemed to have become friendly with each other despite their disagreement while guarding the Gagarin. When Diyoza is banished and Russell asks if anyone else would like to join her, Madi tries to go with her. Diyoza then tells Madi to "stay frosty".
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Mentioned|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Appears|
|The Children of Gabriel||Appears|
|The Face Behind the Glass||Appears|
|The Gospel of Josephine||Appears|
|The Old Man and the Anomaly||Appears|
|What You Take With You||Mentioned|
|Ashes to Ashes||Mentioned|
|The Blood of Sanctum||Mentioned|
- This is Colonel Charmaine Diyoza currently in orbit transmitting from the Eligius IV spaceshuttle in low Earth orbit. As we continue our descent to the surface i issue a critical warning: You lined your pockets with the profits from Eligius Corporation while they built their industry on the backs of prisoner slaves. Men and Women ripped from Earth... Stripped of their rights. Forced to mine poisonous gas to make your miserable lives on Earth more comfortable... then abandoned to die alone in space. But we refused to suffer that fate.
- And today we bring you to reckoning.
- Allow us safe landing and reintegration back into our former lives, or we will release the full payload of our mining operation onto every capital of every country that defies us. 1700 tons of fuel that will level and burn the cities where you hide behind policies and lies.
- THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES hangs over your head, so choose your response wisely. Should you refuse, you and all of your profits will be reduced to dust when blue hell-fire rains from the sky. All we ask for is a second chance, peace is up to you.
- — Diyoza's speech to the so-called Free World from her book
- Charmaine Diyoza: "See? One's alive. Happy?"
- — Red Sun Rising
- Charmaine Diyoza: "Calm down, Sensei. I'm too pregnant to argue." (to Gaia and Madi.)
- — The Children of Gabriel
Killed Victims Edit
- Fascist government
- 80 civilians (killed in a plane bombing)
- 19 civilians (killed in a metro suicide bombing she ordered)
- One Eligius prisoner (mercy kill)
- Several Eligius prisoners (shot)
- One Eligius Prisoner (indirectly, used him as a shield)
- Victor Lee (shot)
- Daniel Lee (shot)
- Geo (shot)
- Several Children of Gabriel (shot)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The character was announced on August 22, 2017.
- She is likely named after one of the series' writers, Charmaine DeGraté
- She settled for a name not on her list, Hope.
- Several of the baby names she considered are the first names of the female writers and writers' assistants for the TV series, including:
- She was part of a terrorist group, known as the "United Liberation Army".
- She is the second pregnant woman shown on the show. The first was Aurora Blake, seen in flashbacks pregnant with Octavia.
- Due to cryosleep, she had been pregnant for 109 years and 5 months when she revealed it to Kane and Abby.
- Though still 5 - 6 months along in her pregnancy, after her second cryosleep Diyoza has been pregnant for roughly 234 years.
- The actress portraying Diyoza, Ivana Milicevic, was actually pregnant during the filming of Season Five.
- Furthermore, Diyoza may be one of the chronologically oldest characters in the series. Logically, she would have been born somewhere in the early-to-mid 2000s. As of Season Six, This means that, despite being biologically in her mid-forties, Diyoza is close to three centuries old, around 277 - 281.
- In the sixth season, she is seen wearing Miles Shaw's jacket.
See Also Edit
- ↑ https://fanfest.com/2018/06/13/the-100-star-ivana-milicevic-discusses-diyozas-intentions-and-an-upcoming-epic-female-fight-interview/
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/14/the-100-sneak-peek-raven-murphy-diyoza-history/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/The100writers/status/1141162447384059905
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/22/the-100-season-5-character-ivana-milicevic/