Diyoza is a prisoner aboard the Gagarin that lands on Earth in the Season 4 finale. She is the leader of Eligius prisoners during their Battle for Eden and the antagonist if the first half of the Season Five. However, later she was betrayed by Paxton McCreary and lost all loyal to her people during the uprising in which Paxton took over the leadership of the remaining criminals. After that, she changed sides and joined Wonkru.
Early Life Edit
Before the Nuclear Apocalypse, Diyoza reveals that she fought a fascist government when they tried to take her home, in which she finally wiped them out and killed them.  A former US Navy SEAL who earned a bronze star and was decorated for valor three times before going AWOL after an IED explosion. She eventually resurfaced and became a terrorist, committing and ordering numerous bombing campaigns and assassinations for the United Liberation Army, a terrorist group. Her crimes eventually made her the most wanted criminal in the world at the time of her arrest. She was eventually imprisoned for life without parole for terrorist homicide, later sent on a prison ship to a remote mining station before the nuclear holocaust.  Before her imprisonment, Diyoza's father was helping her hide from the SEAL team sent to arrest her for terrorism. As a result, her father was shot in the head two times, and Diyoza attempted to commit suicide by slashing her own throat, but survived.
Throughout the Series Edit
She is cold and sarcastic. She is the alpha wolf among the criminals and is fearless, confident and very calculating. She seems friendly towards her allies but most likely keeps them close for the sake of numbers not friendship. She's also very maternal and has displayed a softer side to her unborn daughter.
Physical Appearance Edit
Diyoza has pale skin, blue-grey eyes, light brown hair with blonde highlights and hair done up with bangs. She also has a large scar on her neck. She along with most of the prisoners wears the armor of the former security guards including a stamped service badge on the right chest plate. She bears a tattoo on her shoulder of the flag of the former United States which is hardly recognisable as it has been burnt off and shows mostly scar tissue.
Not know much relationship between those two, but Diyoza told him that he is her favorite mass murderer. At one point, they were sexually involved and she is pregnant with their child. However, Diyoza and McCreary have a lot of disagreements about leading the Eligius Prisoners, even when Diyoza refused to trade McCreary for Raven Reyes after he was captured by John Murphy and Emori. This made McCreary very upset with her. When Murphy reveals to McCreary that Abby's medical treatment helped cure Diyoza's people, McCreary got angry at Diyoza for keeping this a secret from him. He then tries to kill her but, stops when he finds out that Diyoza is pregnant. However, when she surrenders herself to him, he tells her that after the baby is born he will kill her. In the season 5 finale he is killed after making Earth an unsurviable planet. Diyoza doesn't feel upset by his lost because of this and his abusive nature.
|How We Get to Peace||Appears|
|Sic Semper Tyrannis||Appears|
|The Warriors Will||Mentioned|
|The Dark Year||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 1)||Appears|
|Damocles (Part 2)||Appears|
|Red Sun Rising||Absent|
Diyoza's speech to the so-called Free World from her book:
"This is Colonel Charmaine Diyoza currently in orbit transmitting from the Eligius IV spaceshuttle in low Earth orbit. As we continue our descent to the surface i issue a critical warning",
"You lined your pockets with the profits from Eligius Corporation while they built their industry on the backs of prisoner slaves. Men and Women ripped from Earth... Stripped of their rights. Forced to mine poisonous gas to make your miserable lives on Earth more comfortable... then abandoned to die alone in space … But we refused to suffer that fate."
"And today we bring you to reckoning."
"Allow us safe landing and reintegration back into our former lives, or we will release the full payload of our mining operation onto every capital of every country that defies us. 1700 tons of fuel that will level and burn the cities where you hide behind policies and lies"
"THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES hangs over your head, so choose your response wisely."
"Should you refuse, you and all of your profits will be reduced to dust when blue hell-fire rains from the sky."
"All we ask for is a second chance, peace is up to you"
Killed Victims Edit
- Fascist government
- 80 civilians (killed in plane bombing)
- 19 civilians (killed in a metro suicide bombing she ordered)
- One Eligius prisoner (mercy kill)
- Several Eligius prisoners (shooting)
- One Eligius Prisoner (indirectly, used him as a shield)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- The character was announced on August 22, 2017.
- She is likely named after one of the series' writers, Charmaine DeGrate.
- Several of the baby names she is considering are the first names of the female writers and writers' assistants for the TV series, including:
- She was part of a terrorist group, known as the "United Liberation Army".
- She is the second pregnant woman shown on the show. The first was Aurora Blake, seen in flashbacks pregnant with Octavia.
- Due to cryosleep, she has been pregnant for 109 years and 5 months when she revealed it to Kane and Abby.
- By the time Diyoza will get out of her second cryosleep she'll be about 234 years and roughly 6 months pregnant. Making it a series record for a woman who had the most long term suspended pregnancy.
- The actress portraying Diyoza, Ivana Milicevic, was actually pregnant during the filming of season 5.
- Diyoza, Miles Shaw, Jordan Green, and Brell are the only four characters that were introduced in Season Five who are known to be still alive.