|This article is about the TV series characters. You may be looking for the book series characters.|
Main Characters Edit
- Clarke Griffin – A former medical apprentice of her mother, she was charged with treason for trying to expose the dwindling oxygen supply. Works as a doctor for the kids in camp, Well's ex-best friend, and is recognized as their leader who thinks with her head and will do anything to protect her people.
- Bellamy Blake – Octavia's older brother who smuggled himself onto the dropship to protect his sister Octavia by shooting Chancellor Jaha. He became the de-facto leader for the delinquents until he eventually decided to share the job with Clarke, known as the one who thinks with his heart.
- Octavia Blake – Bellamy's 17-year-old maternal half-sister who grew up hiding under the floor until she was arrested for being born illegally. She starts to identify with grounder culture while on the Earth since she felt rejected by the people on the Ark. Octavia served as one of the main antagonists of Season Five through her obsessive desire to go to war with the Eligius prisoners for the last valley on Earth, but in Season Six, she later becomes a good person to seek redemption.
- Wells Jaha† (S1 only; guest S2 and S4) – The son of the Chancellor and Clarke's ex-best friend. He intentionally got arrested to be sent to Earth with Clarke by damaging the last tree.
- Finn Collins† (S1-2) – Raven's boyfriend who was arrested for wasting 2 months worth of oxygen on a spacewalk. Finn became the primary tracker for the delinquents and Raven breaks up with him after realizing he fell in love with Clarke.
- Jasper Jordan† (S1-4) – Monty's best friend who was arrested with him for stealing medical supplies to grow pot. Jasper became a gunner and the primary chemist for the delinquents.
- Monty Green† (S1-5; guest S6) – Jasper's best friend who was arrested with him for stealing medical supplies to grow pot. Monty became the primary engineer and agriculturist for the delinquents.
- Raven Reyes (S2-7; recurring S1) – Finn's girlfriend who works with Abby on the Ark to get to the Earth and later Clarke on the ground to help them survive, despite finding out Clarke slept with Finn. Raven became the primary mechanic for the delinquents.
- John Murphy (S3-7; recurring S1-2) – A delinquent who got arrested for setting fire to his father's arresting officer's bunk. Initially bullied other delinquents until he was banished and later turned traitor for the Grounders, serving as the tertiary antagonist of Season One. Murphy later evolves into a scheming survivalist that tries to help his friends.
- Dr. Abigail Griffin† (S1-6) – The Ark Council's chief medical advisor, and Clarke's mother. Abby is an idealist who acts as a moral compass for most of the survivors including her daughter, but tends to be overprotective over Clarke.
- Marcus Kane† (S1-6) – A member of the Ark Council, who initially was more pragmatic and ruthless in his approach to survival. After several tragedies occur on the Ark, Kane softens into a more compassionate and well-respected leader.
- Thelonious Jaha† (S1-5) – The Chancellor of the Ark and Wells' father. He was shot right before the delinquents' dropship launched but managed to survive and continues to do what he thinks is best for his people.
- Callie Cartwig† (pilot only) – An officer aboard the Ark with close relationships with Kane and Abby before she was floated for an unknown crime.
- Lincoln† (S2-3; recurring S1) – The first grounder the delinquents come into contact with from Trikru. Lincoln does his best to help them and forms a relationship with Octavia.
- Roan† (S4; recurring S3) – The prince of Azgeda who returns from exile and is made king and his mother's death. Unlike most grounders under his command however, he only seeks to rule and protect his people, not start wars with other clans.
- Echo (S5-7; recurring S2-4) – An Azgeda spy rescued from Mount Weather who initially plots against Arkadia, serving as a recurring antagonist in Seasons Three through Four. After being banished by Roan and traveling to space, Echo comes to trust her new friends and becomes Bellamy's girlfriend.
Book 2 Additions:
- Jordan Green (S6-7; guest S5) – Monty and Harper's son, who wakes everyone up from cryosleep so they can explore a new world that is inhabitable. Clarke and Bellamy are entrusted to take care of Jordan, who is naive and socially awkward having spent most his life on a ship.
- Dr. Gabriel Santiago (S7; recurring S6) – The leader of the Children of Gabriel and initially opposes the Primes while masquerading as a man named Xavier. He later becomes an ally of Clarke's group in trying to take down the Primes and deciphering the Temporal Anomaly.
- Hope Diyoza (S7; guest S6) - Charmaine's daughter from the Anomaly who comes back to ask for help in saving her mother from a yet unknown enemy. Hope stabs Octavia for an unknown reason and her body disappears into the anomaly.
Sky People Edit
- John Mbege† – A delinquent who is friends with Murphy and later becomes one of Bellamy's lieutenants.
- Fox† – A delinquent who is lives in the dropship and is captured by the Mountain Men.
- Atom† – One of Bellamy's lieutenants who is charged with watching over Octavia.
- Dax† – A delinquent who got arrested for killing a man who was stealing from him.
- Jones† – A member of Bellamy's Militia.
- Charlotte† – A delinquent who got arrested for assaulting a member of the Ark Guard. She tries to make her nightmares about Jaha, the man who had her parents executed, go away by killing Jaha's son Wells.
- Connor† – A delinquent who hates Murphy and leads a lynch mob to kill him after he was accused of killing Wells.
- Bree† – A promiscuous delinquent who is often seen partying and sleeping with other delinquents.
- Roma Bragg† – A member of Bellamy's Militia who slept with Bellamy.
- Zoe Monroe† – A member of Bellamy's Militia who survives the battle with the grounders and follows Bellamy to rescue their people after they are captured by the Mountain Men.
- Nathan Miller – A delinquent who got arrested for theft and whose father is a member of the guard. Nathan is one of the main lieutenants of the delinquents over the years.
- Drew† – A member of Bellamy's Militia.
- Sterling† – A member of Bellamy's Militia who survives the battle with the grounders and follows Bellamy to rescue their people after they are captured by the Mountain Men.
- Harper McIntyre† – A delinquent gunner who later becomes Monty's girlfriend. Harper is one of the main lieutenants of the delinquents over the years.
- Myles† – A member of Bellamy's Militia who seems to have a crush on Clarke.
- Dr. Eric Jackson – A neurosurgeon on the Ark who worked with Abby as her advisor and medical assistant.
- Officer/Major Costa – A member of the guard.
- Jacapo Sinclair† – The chief engineer aboard the Ark and Raven's mentor who serves as a father figure to her. Sinclair was trusted and respected by the Ark Government and delinquents.
- Commander Shumway† – A corrupt member of the Ark Guard who encourages Kane to use ruthless means to survive. Shumway served as the secondary antagonist of Season One after it is revealed he had Bellamy shoot Jaha and was one of Diana's followers.
- Red† – A mechanic on the Ark who ultimately chose to go to the Earth with Diana and her followers.
- Cole, Kaplan, Muir, and Fuji† – Members of the Ark Council that governed the people living on the Ark.
- Jake Griffin† – Clarke's father, who was floated for trying to warn the Ark citizens that the oxygen supply was dwindling. Occasionally appears to Clarke when she is struggling with something.
- Vera Kane† – Kane's mother who served as the religious leader of the Ark, preaching that one day they would return home. She and her church worked to keep a tree alive so that it may be planted in the ground one day.
- Miss Lucy – A citizen aboard the Ark, who is entrusted to take care of Reese Lemkin after her father died in the Culling.
- Diana Sydney† – A former Chancellor who reinvented herself as an advocate for the working-class citizens. Diana served as one of the main antagonists of Season One after it is revealed she had been orchestrating a coup against Jaha.
- Cuyler Ridley† – A mechanic onboard the Ark whose wife was killed in the Culling. After this, he plots with Diana to kill Jaha and the rest of the Council in revenge.
- Lieutenant Graco† – A member of the Ark Guard and one of Diana's followers.
- Kyle Wick – An engineer who worked closely with and later dates Raven until they break up after the Mount Weather War.
- Major Byrne† – The leader of the Ark Guard after the Ark crashed to Earth to save what was left of the people after Diana killed most of them.
- Sergeant David Miller† – Nathan's father and a former member of the Guard.
- Mel† – The sole survivor of the Factory Station, after it crashed to Earth.
- Caspian – One of Jaha's followers in search of the City of Light.
- Craig† – One of Jaha's followers in search of the City of Light.
- Richards† – One of Jaha's followers in search of the City of Light.
- Gina Martin† – Bellamy's girlfriend in the months after they saved their people from Mount Weather.
- Charles Pike† – The Earth Skills teacher on the Ark and leader of the Farm Station survivors. Pike served as the secondary antagonist of Season Three when he started a war with the Grounders after being elected Chancellor.
- Hannah Green† – Monty's mother and one of Pike's lieutenants from the Farm Station.
- Bryan† – Nathan's boyfriend back on the Ark and flew to Earth with the other Farm Station survivors. Initially follows Pike until Nathan sides against him and Bryan joins him.
- Shawn Gillmer† – One of Pike's lieutenants who holds a strong hatred for Grounders.
- Chase† – A former Arkadian Guard who becomes one of Pike's followers.
- Riley† – A Farm Station survivor who was captured and enslaved by Azgeda before being rescued.
- Hayes† – An Arkardian citizen who joins Jasper's cult that wanted to die rather than survive.
- Geoff Hardy† – An outraged Arkadian Guard who leads two riots against the Arkadian government.
- Ethan Hardy† – Geoff's son, who he entrusts Jaha to take care when he can't stay in the bunker.
- Kara Cooper† – The manager of the hydroponic farm in the bunker who lost her father and husband in separate Cullings. While initially leading a rebellion against Octavia, she later becomes one of her most trusted lieutenants.
- James Crockett – An engineer and a member of Wonkru alongside his mother, but his mother was killed in the battle for the valley.
- Denby, Wilson, Taggart, and Stevens – Minor members of the Guard.†
- Anya† – The leader of a group of Grounder warriors that fought a war against the Delinquents when they arrived. Anya served as one of the main antagonists of Season One after she is shown leading the army trying to exterminate the delinquents.
- Tristan† – A high-ranking Grounder sent by the "Commander" to take over Anya's effort to exterminate the delinquents. Tristan ultimately underestimates them which results in his entire army being burned alive and he is killed soon after.
- Nyko† – Lincoln's friend and the primary healer of their village. Like Lincoln, Nyko does his best to help the Arkadians but, he is still loyal to his people first.
- Indra – The war chief of Tondc, which Lincoln belonged to and initially harbored deep resentment toward the Arkadians. Indra eventually became one of their closest allies, even personally training Octavia to be a warrior.
- Delano† – The leader of a group of Grounder scavengers, who were banished from Indra's village for theft and deception. Delano sends Finn to his village, lying that they had his friends, as revenge for them casting him out.
- Rivo – A warrior who was captured by the Arkadians and later led them to their Commander to negotiate a truce.
- Penn – A warrior from Indra's village who fought in the war against the Mountain Men.
- Artigas† – A young warrior from Indra's village who formed a bond with Octavia.
- Lexa† – The Commander of all the Grounder clans who eventually negotiates peace with the Arkadians, to the disapproval of her people.
- Gustus† – One of Lexa's most trusted advisor's who tried to protect Lexa by stopping her from forming a truce with the Arkadians.
- Ryder – A warrior who was tasked by Lexa to guard Clarke during the war with Mount Weather.
- Fio† – One of Trikru's greatest warriors who had an adversarial relationship with Octavia.
- Niylah – Former owner of a trading post who has a more peaceful attitude than most Grounders who also has an on-off relationship with Clarke.
- Titus† – Lexa's flamekeeper who advised Lexa to abandon the Arkadians and kill Clarke.
- Denae – A sick Grounder who comes to Arkadia for help but is imprisoned when Pike takes command.
- Semet† – The head of the small village that hates the Arkadians for massacring their army.
- Juel – A warrior who helps Indra fight against A.L.I.E. after she has taken over Polis.
- Gaia – Indra's daughter who becomes the new flamekeeper after Titus died. Gaia's faith in the Flame overrides everything else, even her own people.
- Atohl – A warriors second of a war chief who arrived at Tondc to discuss the plan to attack Mount Weather.
- Nia† – The former Queen of the Azgeda tribe and Roan's mother. Nia served as the tertiary antagonist of Season Three as she plots to usurp Lexa's position as "Commander" and rule over all 12 clans herself.
- Ontari† – A Nightblood who Nia tried to use to usurp Lexa and later seeks to become the Commander no matter what it takes after Nia and Lexa's deaths.
- Seiku† – A warrior who faithfully served Roan in his time as King.
- Obika† – A warrior who made it to the bunker and served in Octavia's Wonkru army.
- Luna† – The Nightblood leader of Floukru, who fled to make a home for those sick of fighting. Luna has become darkened as she comes to believe that humanity doesn't deserve to be saved and fought in the Final Conclave to ensure no one enters the bunker.
- Adria† – A child living on the oil rig and seems to share a special bond with Luna.
Louwoda Kliron Kru:
- Madi Griffin – A nightblood and Clarke's adopted daughter who survived together with her after the Second Nuclear Apocalypse. Madi eventually becomes the new Commander and leads her people into space.
- Tarik† – A member of Wonkru who tried to surrender to the Eligius prisoners but is shot by Kara before he can make it to their ship. He is later used to incubate worms to use against them.
- Karina† – A member of Wonkru who tried to surrender to the Eligius prisoners but is shot and killed by Kara.
- Caris – A warriors second of a war chief who fought in the war against Mount Weather.
- Brell – The Sangedakru Delegate who speaks for her tribe after it is absorbed in Wonkru.
- Emori – A nomadic Grounder who was self-serving and became Murphy's girlfriend. Emori eventually became Raven's apprentice, learning how to become a mechanic and pilot.
- Otan† – Emori's brother who turned against her after joining the City of Light.
- Gideon† – A servant of the City of Light who died protecting A.L.I.E.
- Sienna† – A nomadic Grounder searching for the City of Light. She is the mother of Zoran and the wife of Osias.
- Osias† – A nomadic Grounder searching for the City of Light. He is the father of Zoran and the husband of Sienna.
- Zoran† – A young boy born with a facial deformity. He is the son of Sienna and Osias.
Other Grounders and/or Sky People:
- Uzac – A Yujleda ambassador that isn't afraid to challenge the Commander if it is in the best interest of his people.
- Aden† – A Nightblood and Lexa's intended first choice to succeed her as Commander when she died.
- Ilian† – A Trishanakru warrior that fought for his clan in the final conclave for the bunker. Ilian vowed in his quest to destroy any technology in revenge for A.L.I.E. killing his family.
- Rock Line Thief† – A thief from Boudalankru that breaks into Becca's Lab to steal supplies and is used to test synthetic Nightblood after Emori lies about his identity.
- Guara† – A Podakru War Chief that fights for her clan in the final conclave for the bunker.
- Terro† - A Podakru thief who works with Ilian.
- Cosser† – A member of Wonkru who surrendered to the Eligius prisoners but is killed by them soon afterward.
- Lindo – A member of Wonkru who surrendered to the Eligius prisoners but works against them.
- Sheidheda† – The Dark Commander who is known as the most brutal and vicious Commander in the history of the Grounders. Although dead, he served as the secondary antagonist of Season Six as he fights for control of Madi's mind through the Flame.
Mountain Men Edit
- Dante Wallace† – A President of Mount Weather who tried to serve both his people and the delinquents.
- Maya Vie† – A young citizen who was against the policy of using Grounder blood to heal them and bone marrow to cure them.
- Dr. Lorelei Tsing† – A Chief Medical Officer for Mount Weather and the one in charge of the Harvest Project. Tsing served as one of the secondary antagonists of Season Two as the most vocal and uncaring advocate for killing all the delinquents and harvesting them for their bone marrow to allow them to walk on the ground again.
- Keenan Mykulak† – A docent who gave the delinquents a tour of their facility. She is later used as a test subject by Dr. Tsing.
- Lee† – A Mount Weather security guard who sided with the delinquents after Cage overthrows Dante.
- Cage Wallace† – President Wallace's son and the Head of Security for Mount Weather. Cage served as the main antagonist of Season Two through his plot to overthrow his father and harvest the delinquents of their bone marrow until they are dead so he and his people can walk on the ground again.
- Lieutenant Carl Emerson† – A Mount Weather security guard who was loyal to Cage. Emerson served as one of the secondary antagonists of Season Two as Cage's second-in-command after he overthrows his father and is later the last of his people.
- Whitman† – A Mount Weather security guard who relays coordinates for a missile strike on Tondc and picks off the survivors with a sniper rifle.
- Vincent Vie† – Maya's father who was part of an underground movement that was against using Grounder blood and later bone marrow from the delinquents to treat them.
Eligius IV Edit
Eligius IV includes crew members and prisoners aboard the Eligius IV mining vessel. They left Earth before the first nuclear apocalypse and survived through cryosleep.
- Charmaine Diyoza – A former navy seal and colonel for the US Navy turned mass-murdering terrorist and the leader of the prisoners. Charmaine served as one of the main antagonists of Season Five through her refusal to share the last valley on Earth with anyone besides her own people.
- Paxton McCreary† – A former mob/cartel enforcer and the original leader of the prisoners before Diyoza took over. McCreary served as one of the main antagonists of Season Five as the leader of a faction of prisoners and plans to usurp control from Dioyza and take the last valley on Earth for himself.
- Miles Shaw† – The sole survivor and a pilot of the Eligius IV crew. He helped the prisoners take over the ship, which led to the convicts murdering the rest of the crew. Although initially on their side, he helps Wonkru and Spacekru when he can.
- Michael Vinson† – A serial killer who was the first patient Abby treated and formed a bond with her.
- Captain Stevens† - The captain of the vessel in 2047 before the prisoners' rebellion.
- Roz Rankin† – A prisoner who was loyal to McCreary and goes with him to find Murphy after he escapes.
- Robert† – A prisoner who was loyal to Diyoza.
- Hugo† – A prisoner who was loyal to McCreary.
- Russell Lightbourne – The former King of Sanctum and the leader of the original Eligius III science expedition to explore Alpha. Russell and his family served as the main antagonists of Season Six as the ones killing people so the Primes can be resurrected in their bodies.
- Dr. Simone Lightbourne† – Russell's wife and the former Queen of Sanctum who was more ruthless and cautious in her approach to handling threats. After being killed, Simone is brought back using Abby Griffin as her host body.
- Josephine Lightbourne† – Russell's daughter and a biologist who took over Clarke's body after her parents subdue Clarke. Josephine was a corrupt, greedy, self-serving, manipulative and psychotic narcissist who worked to make more Nightbloods to continue being worshiped as a goddess.
- Kaylee Lee† – Josephine's ex-best friend and a pilot who tried to flee Sanctum with her family using the Gagarin.
- Dr. Miranda Mason† – A doctor who was murdered by Madi and later brought back using Sierra as her host body.
- Ryker Desai – A mechanic who doesn't live in the palace because he is still uncomfortable with what the Primes are doing.
- Priya Desai – Ryker's mother who taught him everything he knows about mechanical engineering. Priya is brought back using Delilah as her host body.
- Jasmine Mason† – Miranda's daughter who is brought back using Jade as her host body.
- Caleb Mason† – Miranda's husband who is brought back using Bryson as his host body.
- Daniel Lee† - Kaylee's older brother and a pilot.
- Faye Lee† - Kaylee and Daniel's mother. She was a pilot and tried to escape Sanctum before being killed.
- Victor Lee† - Kaylee and Daniel's father. He was a pilot and tried to escape Sanctum before being killed.
- Rose† – A Nightblood who was groomed to be a host for Jasmine.
- Jade† – A member of the Royal Guard who served as Rose's and later Josephine's bodyguard. She is later turned into a Nightblood to serve as a host for Jasmine.
- Delilah Workman† – A Nightblood who is groomed to be a host for Priya and forms a romantic relationship with Jordan Green.
- Cillian† – A doctor who seemed close to the Primes but was actually a spy working for the Children of Gabriel.
- Cassius – The head of the Royal Guard who is charged with protecting the Primes and their hosts as well as maintain order in the city.
- Blythe Ann Workman – Delilah's mother who turns against the Primes after it is revealed her daughter is dead and not bonded with Priya.
- Jae Workman – Delilah's father who turns against the Primes after it is revealed her daughter is dead and not bonded with Priya.
- Sierra† – Gavin's wife and a member of the Royal Guard who was turned into a Nightblood to serve as a host for Miranda.
- Gavin† – Sierra's husband and a member of the Royal Guard who is turned into a Nightblood to serve as a host for Marcus Kane.
- Bryson† – A member of the Royal Guard who is turned into a Nightblood to serve as a host for Caleb.
Children of Gabriel
- Tosh† – A lieutenant who advocates for an Anti-Prime rebellion using extremist methods.
- Nelson – A lieutenant who comes to trust the people from Earth in preparation to attack the Primes.
- Layla† – Nelson's second-in-command and Xavier's sister who hates Gabriel for transferring his consciousness into Xavier's body, blaming him for her brother's death.
Other Characters Edit
- Chris† – A scientist who tried to stop A.L.I.E. but failed and killed himself in his depression.
- Becca Franco† – The scientist who created A.L.I.E and later A.L.I.E. 2.0, which would later be known as the Flame.
- Bill Cadogan† – The leader of a doomsday cult called the Second Dawn, which survived the Nuclear Apocalypse in a bunker. Cadogan and his cult would later be known as the ancestors of the Grounders.
- Dave† – A college student who had a crush on Josephine but killed himself to scar her for life because she didn't return his feelings.
- A.L.I.E.† – An artificial intelligence program created to make life better for mankind but caused the Nuclear Apocalypse as she saw overpopulation as humanity's biggest problem. A.L.I.E. served as the main antagonist of Season Three as she tries to brainwash and coerce everyone into joining the City of Light.