|“||Are we ever gonna be done fighting?||”|
|— Bryan to Nathan Miller [src]|
Bryan was one of the Farm Station survivors. He and Nathan Miller were in a long-term relationship. He worked as a Ark Guard under Charles Pike's leadership, but joined Kane's Faction after questioning several of Pike's actions. He helped in terminating A.L.I.E.. In the fourth season, he helped explode the hydro generator to free slaves, resulting in a relationship-ending disagreement with Nathan.
Early Life Edit
Bryan was originally from Farm Station. He dated Nathan Miller, but they were separated when Miller was locked up in the Sky Box for stealing. Later, Miller was sent to Earth with the rest of the Delinquents while Bryan stayed on the Ark. He was on Farm Station when the Ark went to the ground and landed in the Ice Nation territory. After four months on the ground, he, with the rest of the Farm Station survivors, joined Arkadia.
Throughout the Series Edit
In Terms and Conditions, Bryan is working as an Arkadia Guard counting ammunition for Pike. After his day shift ends, Bryan goes to the residence he shares with Miller, just as his boyfriend is getting ready for his night shift. He questions his boyfriend on why they don't work the same detail anymore and reminds him to speak with Bellamy on whether Bryan can switch to work the same shift as Miller. The conversation switches to Pike. While Bryan stands behind the chancellor, his boyfriend doesn't like Pike's policies. The conversation topic creates tension between the couple but Miller dismisses it to leave for work. Bryan helps Miller put his jacket on and they kiss goodbye. After that, Bryan is seen joining Bellamy and Monty in another room. Bellamy asks him if the bug is in place. While helping Miller put on his guard jacket, Bryan slipped in a bug. After getting praised by Bellamy, Bryan questions their motives, wondering if all of it was worth lying to someone he loves. Bryan is last seen with Miller, sitting together, outdoors around a fire.
In Heavy Lies the Crown, Bryan is with Miller as Bellamy tells them about the impending Second Nuclear Apocalypse and how they need Bryan to lead Bellamy and his team to the Farm Station to get their hydro generator so they can generate enough water to last five years. Miller objects because Bryan is still recovering and he volunteers to go instead, but Bryan volunteers too. When Bryan asks why, Bryan responds saying he is the only one who knows where it is since Octavia murdered Charles Pike. Miller and Bryan then argue over Pike's method and Bryan reveals the only reason he helped turn Pike over was to save Miller, not because he agreed with his position. They hug each other and leave with Bellamy, Harper and Monty.
When they arrive, they discover Azgeda warriors have moved in and Bryan suggests attacking them, but Bellamy says they didn't come here to fight. They notice they have been surrounded and Bellamy orders everyone to lower their guns, which Bryan does reluctantly. On the way, Bryan notices slaves being forced to make arrows and recognizes one named Riley. Bryan suggests attacking so they can free the slaves but the group is more in favor of diplomacy until a slave girl drops a note revealing they are moving soon. After Bellamy suggests using the hydro generator as an improvised bomb, Bryan and Harper agree with the idea while Miller and Monty want to save it for their people in Arkadia. Ultimately, Bellamy decides to use it as a bomb and they kill the Azgeda guards with it, leaving only Tybe. Bryan stops Miller from killing him so Monty can, revealing Tybe killed his father, but Monty instead frees the slaves so they can kill him. After they get back to Arkadia, Bryan confronts Miller about their decision and breaks up with him because Miller didn't believe saving the slaves was the right decision.
Bryan is kindhearted and extremely generous, although, He often disagrees with Nate. He will side with Nate to protect him even though he doesn't agree with his opinion. It is discovered that he has poor decision making skills, as exhibited when he sacrifices a piece of machinery they need to survive the Second Nuclear Apocalypse to save some of their people from Azgeda.
Physical Appearance Edit
- Main article: Nathan and Bryan
Nathan and Bryan's relationship started at some point on the Ark. They were separated after Miller was sent to Earth with the other Delinquents. When the rest of the Ark came down to Earth, Bryan was with Farm Station when it landed in Ice Nation territory. After Farm Station rejoined with the rest of the Sky People, Miller and Bryan were reunited once again.
Both Miller and Bryan serve on the Arkadia Guard but due to the unrest within Arkadia, they are on opposite sides of the internal rebellion with Bryan following after Pike and Miller helping Kane, putting a strain on their relationship.
After defeating A.L.I.E., Bryan and Miller's relationship seemed stable. However, several days later, they disagreed on whether to explode the hydro generator. Bryan believed it was worth losing the hydro generator to save the slaves, but Miller believed that destroying it may cost hundreds of lives in the future. At the end, Bryan storms off, leaving Miller behind.
|Wanheda (Part 1)||Mentioned|
|Wanheda (Part 2)||Absent|
|Ye Who Enter Here||Absent|
|Watch the Thrones||Appears|
|Terms and Conditions||Appears|
|Join or Die||Absent|
|Red Sky at Morning||Mentioned|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)||Appears|
|Perverse Instantiation (Part 2)||Appears|
|Heavy Lies the Crown||Appears|
|The Four Horsemen||Mentioned|
|A Lie Guarded||Absent|
|The Tinder Box||Absent|
|We Will Rise||Absent|
|Die All, Die Merrily||Absent|
|The Other Side||Absent|
- Bellamy: "Good man."
- Bryan: "Am I? Is this-- is any of this worth lying to someone I love?"
- Bellamy: "It is if you're protecting him."
- Bryan: "Unless the person he needs protection from is me."
- — Terms and Conditions
- Bryan: "Are we ever gonna be done fighting?"
- Miller: "Hell yes. We'll build a house on a lake and you're gonna plant corn.
- Bryan: "And raise chickens."
- Miller: "You bet. We'll grow old together."
- — Perverse Instantiation (Part 1)
- Miller: "We okay?"
- Bryan: "Just please tell me you think saving these people was worth it."
- Miller: "I wish I could."
- Bryan: "I can't. Sorry."
- — Heavy Lies the Crown
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Bryan is one of the seven known LGBT characters, the other characters are Clarke Griffin, Lexa, Costia, Nathan Miller, Niylah and Eric Jackson.
- Bryan was not shown after "Heavy Lies the Crown" and it was unclear if he died off screen or survived the Second Nuclear Apocalypse within the Second Dawn Bunker. But as he was not on Clarke's list he dies offscreen, killed by Praimfaya.
- At Unity Day 2018, Sachin Sahel, who plays Eric Jackson, said that Bryan probably didn't make it to the Second Dawn Bunker. At Unity Day 2019, Sahel went further and said Bryan was left outside the bunker because he was not on Clarke's list.
- There is a "Bryan" on Clarke's list: "26. Bryan Eng". Assuming Sahel's statement is accurate, this would be a different Bryan. However, if it is this Bryan, then Bryan may be descended from The Grounder Graham Eng. He may also be related to Mary Eng, one of the members of the 100.
- He was originally meant to appear in "A Lie Guarded". The DVD contains a deleted scene showing him helping work on Alpha Station.