Life and Career Edit
Robert "Bob" Morley is the son of a Filipino mother and an Australian-Irish father, who died when he was young. Morley has two older sisters and one older brother. Morley grew up on a farm in Kyneton, a small country town in Victoria. He studied drama at school all the way through to Year 11 until he was asked not to continue. Morley told The Age that he was a naughty student and did not take things seriously. After he completed year 12, Morley moved to Melbourne and began an engineering degree. A year later, Morley decided to enroll in Creative Arts at the La Trobe University and he got himself an agent. Morley began his career by acting in various university theater productions, short films and plays. He also appeared in the 2005 low-budget horror film Dead Harvest and as an extra in the soap opera Neighbours That same year he got a part in Angels with Dirty Faces and his performance brought him to the attention of the Home and Away casting directors. Morley joined the cast of Home and Away as Drew Curtis in 2006.
Morley appeared in the second series of the Australian celebrity singing competition series It Takes Two from May 2007. On June 12, 2007, he was voted off after six weeks on the show—even though he received his highest score that night. In 2008, Morley departed Home and Away and he was cast as Tony Moretti in the Nine Network's 2008 action drama series The Strip. He went on to appear in the 2008 Nine Network's Scorched. Morley was nominated for Cleo magazine's "Bachelor of the Year" award.
In 2009, he starred as Lorca in the play Palindrome for a Dead Poet. The following year, Morley featured in season four of Sea Patrol. In 2011, he starred in the Australian thriller Road Train. In June 2011, it was announced that Morley had joined the cast of Neighbours as Aidan Foster, a love interest for Chris Pappas (James Mason). Morley and Mason's characters formed the show's first gay couple. Morley took a ten-week break from the soap to appear in Blinder, a feature film about Australian rules football. He returned to the set of Neighbours in early June 2012. Morley began filming a role for the drama </span>The White City in June 2013. On February 21 2013, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Morley had been cast as Bellamy in The CW's The 100.
For full filmography, see IMDb.
- Eliza Taylor and Bob are both from Victoria, Australia.
- Like Eliza Taylor, Rhiannon Fish and Dichen Lachman he was on the popular Australian show Neighbours.
- His real name is Robert, but he goes by Bob.
- He was in a relationship with Jessica Tovey, but the couple split in 2008.
- He competed on the Australian celebrity singing competition program It Takes Two.
- When he was younger, Bob wanted to be a stuntman and trained to bite through ceramic plates.
- Jason Rothenberg stated that Bob was the first actor to cast in The 100.
- He will direct an episode in Season 6 episode 11.
- On August 3, 2018, Bob had knee surgery which caused the production of Season 6 to be delayed for one week. Bob had issues walking until late September and had to have stunt doubles for walking and running scenes.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|